Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, well it would have been pretty soft of you Oddy ... and really the only game you need to wait for the teams for is Morningside v Lions ... and you can usually tell from the Senior team anyway

a good weekend of footy in both divisions. the game of the round in the vsc. has to be the southportv vultures game and that will be a cracker. the game of the year in the phc. is the palmy and magpies game. i moght go watch that one. the lions panthers game will be a good game of footy. in the coresponding game last year. the panthers kcked 11-8 to 0 in the second qtr to run out 12 goal winners and the lions had 16 listed players in that day

haha, well it would have been pretty soft of you Oddy ... and really the only game you need to wait for the teams for is Morningside v Lions ... and you can usually tell from the Senior team anyway

Yeah, I admit it was very soft of me to wait for you guys to select your tips.

It's gonna be a great weekend though as it won't matter which game you go to it should be tight, I reckon my selections could easily be zero out of four.

The Panthers v Lions and Eagles v Cats results could almost settle the top 4. The loser of the Eagles v Cats can almost wave goodbye to their finals chance (almost that is). The Lions have a tough run home and can't afford to drop this game or they are at risk.

A big weekend

Broadbeach V Eagles game is a huge one.

Gravatt V Southport is also a cracker and should be prelude to the granny.

I think Southport will just get up, they are travelling very well at the moment, they lose this one and Gravatt will have massive physciological hold over them come finals.

Broadbeach V Eagles. Eagles must stand up, tipping Eagles in a thriller.

Other games who cares.

2 massive games over the weekend, should be a cracker.

what a win by the magpies today. i watched the game and they smashed the all over the park. this has been brewing for a month i reckon and it has come to a head. palmy should have been beaten by sandgate. they didnt look that flash against aspley and they only had 1 good qtr against noosa. well done magies. i am glad some on smashed them

wow looks like i picked the magies i hate to say it but i am good.

Cant believe my draw didn't come off. Looks like marto is doing a great job at the hornets fixing the wreck that it was.

Havn't done so well with MtG winning and the Eagles going down hope the the siders get up to give me 2

The problem with PBC is that they are an AFLQ standard team playing in the Pineapple Hotel Cup comp. They are about 10 goals better than the next team (Western Magpies) who in turn are several goals better than the next team. Seems a bit one sided. Perhaps both teams should be promoted into the AFLQ for 2009? A pity the Hornets wo'nt worry them to much this weekend as PBC continue towards making the whole Pineapple Hotel cup a big yawn.

After this weekends results I am trying to figure out who is the 10 goal better side!! I am sure that the Pineapple Hotel Cup won't be such a big yawn this final series....:D

Maybe for once AFLQ got it right by elevating only 1 team to Division 1 in 2009 and even better that the Western Magpies are achieving this on local young talent and not ex-Div 1 players chasing the $$$$...

Yeah, I admit it was very soft of me to wait for you guys to select your tips.

It's gonna be a great weekend though as it won't matter which game you go to it should be tight, I reckon my selections could easily be zero out of four.

The Panthers v Lions and Eagles v Cats results could almost settle the top 4. The loser of the Eagles v Cats can almost wave goodbye to their finals chance (almost that is). The Lions have a tough run home and can't afford to drop this game or they are at risk.

A big weekend

Do I get a bonus point for this prediction?

Interested in everybodys thoughts on what they think the final 5 in the PHC will be and the eventual champs

I reckon

PBC
Magpies
Surfers
Burleigh
Sandgate

with Magpies to beat PBC in the granny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a win by the magpies today. i watched the game and they smashed the all over the park. this has been brewing for a month i reckon and it has come to a head. palmy should have been beaten by sandgate. they didnt look that flash against aspley and they only had 1 good qtr against noosa. well done magies. i am glad some on smashed them

Nah i wish i saw that game. Palmy have used to many get out of jail cards. Nah Magpies winning standing there ground to get ready for div 1 next year.

Its a shame that it wasent the grand final though. LOL.

Let me be brave this week and make my selections today - who knows why, I guess it's a slow day at work.

Tigers v Eagles: Another must win for Eagles, but Tigers might have awoken - Tigers

Vultures v Cats: Cats came home strongly last week, but should still be "pickings" for the Vultures

Lions v Sharks: Lions list looking OK assuming Brown and Black are right - Lions

Bombers v Morningside: Bombers showed little last week against Tigers, but the Panthers didn't show much more against the Lions, but the Panthers will bounced back

Let me be brave this week and make my selections today - who knows why, I guess it's a slow day at work.

Tigers v Eagles: Another must win for Eagles, but Tigers might have awoken - Tigers

Vultures v Cats: Cats came home strongly last week, but should still be "pickings" for the Vultures

Lions v Sharks: Lions list looking OK assuming Brown and Black are right - Lions

Bombers v Morningside: Bombers showed little last week against Tigers, but the Panthers didn't show much more against the Lions, but the Panthers will bounced back

Eagles, Vultures, Sharks and Bombers.

Geez wasting no time at all boys!

Tigers v Eagles - Eagles have too much at stake ... i'm expecting some performances like Broady a few weeks back ... standing up when they need to
Vultures v Cats - 5 goal better team ... Broadys speed is easily accounted for
Lions v Sharks - even with a few injures to the seniors i noticed alot of listed and rookie listed guys wandering around Morningside last week, so they've got plenty up their sleave
Bombers v Panthers - Siders will be wanting to bounce back ... and will probably take it out on the young Bombers

Wonder how the Magpies will go in State League, where will there players come from to be competitive, how many will they need. Are there juniors any good? Are they financial? Who will coach them - is Grentell capable? Is the ground State league level? Can blokes like Mihoploulos play at the level? Does anyone know the answers out there?

Is NT definitely coming in?
Redalnd, Mt Gvt and Morningside all compete for the same players and are competitive - Zillmere have the whole North they should dominate the comp like Southport. Why dont they?

Is NT definitely coming in?
Redalnd, Mt Gvt and Morningside all compete for the same players and are competitive - Zillmere have the whole North they should dominate the comp like Southport. Why dont they?

Could it be a financial reason that they struggle to dominate. Appear to get the best local talent from the north side.
However when a big pre season signing from Adelaide turns out to be a local north side boy there is reason for concern.

Perhaps there is a north side club that has financial backing to buy more true recruits. Reality is the best north side players will go to any state league club on the north side. Don't think they have any real loyalty to the Eagles as not sure any played juniors there.

Southport dont dominate the comp because they get all the good gold coast players ... it helps of course, but the main factor would be the money they can offer good quality players from anywhere.

i think the fact that Zillmere are a competitive side year in year out means that they're doing a good job with their pick of the northside talent, and they'd be alot closer to domination they werent r*ped and pilliged each year by the AFL draft.

hey guys im down in victoria, i just want to know the difference between aflq and aflsq and how it all works? could someone help me out

There is no more AFLSQ. There's AFLQ State League div 1 and 2 then there's AFLQ State Association div's. Fair step down between State League div 1 to State Assoc div 1. I would say State League div 1 in comparison to GVFL would be a little quicker but not as skillful or physical.

Southport dont dominate the comp because they get all the good gold coast players ... it helps of course, but the main factor would be the money they can offer good quality players from anywhere.

i think the fact that Zillmere are a competitive side year in year out means that they're doing a good job with their pick of the northside talent, and they'd be alot closer to domination they werent r*ped and pilliged each year by the AFL draft.

Out of interest how many Zillmere players are in the AFL. Surely there are no more than what could be at other state league sides. (Oh how would they be able to pay for these players should they still be there?) That is no excuse to be middle of the road.
They just don't have the money. Do they even have a ground to play on next year. Word is it has or is about to be sold to either a developer or a large League Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back