AFLQ Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Noosaboy said think it was more work then anything else. With the flood work in Brisbane now the clubs down there would be stoked with a silver lining from that disaster that comes with employment for Tradies. The Coast unfortunately seems to still be in a flat market for hairy arms.

Hard to say Noosaboy re the roos - they have picked up a few handy blokes from what i know, but depth will be a problem because they have lost too many good ones. As you know you need to top up not even up, to improve.
Certainly their #1 goal at present is to ensure that they have a solid base for the extremely good group of Juniors coming through over the next few years - the key is to get them to stay and play, not unlike what Noosa has achieved with the Dukes, Wallace, Ryan Fitz, Laskey and others - in 2006 there was 11 blokes who played juniors at Noosa in that GF side.

They have got a very good president, a very good coach and from what I can tell very good committee people. They are determined to get an 18's side together which has been a struggle but long term a necessity for success.

Like Noosaboy said think it was more work then anything else. With the flood work in Brisbane now the clubs down there would be stoked with a silver lining from that disaster that comes with employment for Tradies. The Coast unfortunately seems to still be in a flat market for hairy arms.
Hard to say Noosaboy re the roos - they have picked up a few handy blokes from what i know, but depth will be a problem because they have lost too many good ones. As you know you need to top up not even up, to improve.
Certainly their #1 goal at present is to ensure that they have a solid base for the extremely good group of Juniors coming through over the next few years - the key is to get them to stay and play, not unlike what Noosa has achieved with the Dukes, Wallace, Ryan Fitz, Laskey and others - in 2006 there was 11 blokes who played juniors at Noosa in that GF side.

They have got a very good president, a very good coach and from what I can tell very good committee people. They are determined to get an 18's side together which has been a struggle but long term a necessity for success.

I reckon work will be a big problem for trades on the coast this year. Dont be surprised to see some departures from clubs before 30th june as a result of this. Know of couple of quality tradesmen who have worked here for years having to head off elsewhere for work.
Hats off to Maroochydore, despite some off field departures they have appointed what sounds like a top quality coach and their pres has a vision and more importantly a plan for the club to succeed in the years to come. Time will tell i guess.

Heard that Matt hicks has been training with noosa`s 3rd division team.Not sure how keen he is but would kick close to 150 goals in that 12 round comp`.Would have to be one of the top 5 forwards in the state,been an out an out champion for the tigers since he arrived.Great scalp by the 3rds if he plays,I know he works most saturdays so the local comp` may suit.

I'd go and watch him play ! Would be a demolition.

Come on guy's, Give hicks some credit, him go up a level and play his normal game would be worth seeing, hicks playing 3rds?, He'll have old timers trying to bash him (like smy or switching play or Noosa boy), footballs being delivered like bowling balls at night time and grounds knee deep in mud if not under water completely!

he's an amazing talent and It would be a waste of talent playing anything under PHC Seniors.

Hicksy, if your bored enough to spend time on a computer, the Noosa faithfull are awaiting your return like a 3y/o kid at christmas, take the seniors to another premiership, kick 100 and don't break a sweat in between!

Or of course travel down the sunshine coast highway and play there - either way he can't lose! (maybe he's a bit concerned about the delivery he is going to get in A grade this year mate...)

mark brown last years burleighs best and fairest not playing this year, luke edmondson gone back to vic jesse butt retiring, stew sutherjand gone home. may drop of a little?

mark brown last years burleighs best and fairest not playing this year, luke edmondson gone back to vic jesse butt retiring, stew sutherjand gone home. may drop of a little?

Another forum for state div 1 has phil lobb at yeronga? Some big names there though, have they recruited many to fill spots. Add pianta retiring as well to loses.

Whats happening at mayne tiger g, very quiet so far!

Anyone confirm tom tarrant at either cooly or pbc?

Come on guy's, Give hicks some credit, him go up a level and play his normal game would be worth seeing, hicks playing 3rds?, He'll have old timers trying to bash him (like smy or switching play or Noosa boy), footballs being delivered like bowling balls at night time and grounds knee deep in mud if not under water completely!

he's an amazing talent and It would be a waste of talent playing anything under PHC Seniors.

Hicksy, if your bored enough to spend time on a computer, the Noosa faithfull are awaiting your return like a 3y/o kid at christmas, take the seniors to another premiership, kick 100 and don't break a sweat in between!
Not sure about smy or switching play LM,but I certainly could not catch Hicksy even in my prime to bash him and i doubt I have the physical prowess to hurt him either.(and thats saying something with his build)I do totally agree with you though,it would be a total shame to see such a talented player running around in the 3rds instead of the PHC for Noosa.

Or of course travel down the sunshine coast highway and play there - either way he can't lose! (maybe he's a bit concerned about the delivery he is going to get in A grade this year mate...)

Don't think hicks would like to play at maroochydore he has plenty of mates up here it would be hard for him to leave unless you pay him in pies.. plus i would reckon he likes playing in a winning team..

Actually just had a beer with Hicksy this arvo` AND HAS NOT TRAINED WITH THE 3RDS AS I ORIGINALLY POSTED.SEEMS pretty content just doing his thing and if he is going to play will be will be with Noosa in the PHC.Never been a money man having come from A grade amateurs in Melbourne and I don`t reckon would ever play against noosa.Agree with you whataboutme,Butt a terrific player for Burleigh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't take many pies to fill that man I reckon either - in fact often looked like he needed a bit more protein.
Good to hear he is keeping well. Wish there was a few more of him around - a great footy person.

Wouldn't take many pies to fill that man I reckon either - in fact often looked like he needed a bit more protein.
Good to hear he is keeping well. Wish there was a few more of him around - a great footy person.
Yeah agree smy.Hicksy loves his footy and his knowledge of the game can be sometimes underestimated as he is never one to be outspoken or make brash comments like many of us(this writer included)He isn`t one to rate himself which is such a change to some of the players and in particular prospective recruits we can find ourselves speaking to theses days.Good collingwood man too which further enhances his footy smarts.

Yeah agree smy.Hicksy loves his footy and his knowledge of the game can be sometimes underestimated as he is never one to be outspoken or make brash comments like many of us(this writer included)He isn`t one to rate himself which is such a change to some of the players and in particular prospective recruits we can find ourselves speaking to theses days.Good collingwood man too which further enhances his footy smarts.

To true noosaboy. I cant believe some of the demands many players put on local footy clubs, and mostly by blokes who havent achieved anything in the game! Hicks is a superstar, it must be very dissapointing to Noosa to have a player of his calibre living and working in the town yet not playing footy? Butt very good player in his day, apparently use to go for 20k runs on his off nights and i would belive it, run all day. Edmondson will be a loss at Burleigh, clever player, knew where the goals were, but ide expect them to recruit well, very desirable place to live, a good footy club and well coached. Not much info coming out of Brisbane or Goldy?

To true noosaboy. I cant believe some of the demands many players put on local footy clubs, and mostly by blokes who havent achieved anything in the game! Hicks is a superstar, it must be very dissapointing to Noosa to have a player of his calibre living and working in the town yet not playing footy? Butt very good player in his day, apparently use to go for 20k runs on his off nights and i would belive it, run all day. Edmondson will be a loss at Burleigh, clever player, knew where the goals were, but ide expect them to recruit well, very desirable place to live, a good footy club and well coached. Not much info coming out of Brisbane or Goldy?

Hard to get info from other clubs, this place has turned into a noosa and hicks shrine! All hail the great man and tidal mudpit!

Well there's nothing wrong in asking (ive been told) an if the club are happy to meet the players demands an accept,well happy days for the player, an if you dont get it head up to noosa there paying everyone in some forms of payments .. Heard there are a few coaches asking for abit too.. Why didnt hicks play last year work/coach...

Think there are a few players that should grab a copy of Russell Robertson's fairwell speech on retirement...... Google it.

No harm in asking "Moving Pictures" but I think what is being said that some blokes have absolutley NFI as to what they are worth vs what they think they are worth. Its embarrassing and unfortunately the multitude of Rep sides at junior footy level these days just makes the situation worse!

Well there's nothing wrong in asking (ive been told) an if the club are happy to meet the players demands an accept,well happy days for the player, an if you dont get it head up to noosa there paying everyone in some forms of payments .. Heard there are a few coaches asking for abit too.. Why didnt hicks play last year work/coach...

Coaches deserve everything they get with the amount of shit they have to put up with!

Can anyone on here name last years team of the year would be good to see who made it and which players are sticking around
I`m not sure thay named a team of the year in 2010 Our father.Because they had rep` footy I don`t think a team of the year was named as in 2009 when there was no rep game for PHC players.i may be wrong and didn` t go to the league medal night but heard nothing of a team of the year.

Not paying as near as much as what some believe what about me.As i said in an earlier post,noosa still well under the salary cap.In 1999 the club introduced a per senior win payment to keep players at the club as well as reward players for performance.Coaches are also paid on an incentive basis and ofcourse on their experience and recent history.We try to surround our club with the best possible personnel in order to achieve the best we can as I`m sure every club does and as long as its within the rules and the club can afford it,i don`t see it as an issue.Hicks didn`t play last year due to work,a back injury and a general lack of motivation I am told.

C'mon Noosaboy, noone from the AFLQ reads this forum surely! No doubt the club is under the salary cap - I mean what club advertises that its not?? LOL

Not paying as near as much as what some believe what about me.As i said in an earlier post,noosa still well under the salary cap.In 1999 the club introduced a per senior win payment to keep players at the club as well as reward players for performance.Coaches are also paid on an incentive basis and ofcourse on their experience and recent history.We try to surround our club with the best possible personnel in order to achieve the best we can as I`m sure every club does and as long as its within the rules and the club can afford it,i don`t see it as an issue.Hicks didn`t play last year due to work,a back injury and a general lack of motivation I am told.

i can't work out how Noosa could possibly be under the salary cap, if you are paying all players for wins.

$50 a win x 22 players x 16 wins = $17,600.

Add to that the 3-2-1 which would be $5,000 a year.

plus you have about 5 or 6 contracted players probably atleast 2-400 a game (maybe more, seeing as you offerred b matthews $1000 a game to play there).

Are you including the "fuel" money you are paying the maroochydore boys this year?

Of course, having a cash bar, and paying players in cash means that you are always going to be under the salary cap doesn't it? Really, the salary cap in football is whatever your club can afford to pay, which for clubs like palmy, burleigh, noosa etc is alot.

Maroochydore over extended itself a couple of years ago and is paying for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back