AFL's rubbery white shorts policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh no, I wonder what they did in 1942 when Richmond and Essendon played off in the Granny, that would have been a disaster, golly!

Yeah because that's really comparable to the ultra-fast modern game with 20 bodies around the ball at any given moment.

Yeah because that's really comparable to the ultra-fast modern game with 20 bodies around the ball at any given moment.
Did it feel nice wearing that putrid piece of shit in your first Grand Final? Last time I checked, purple was opposite to yellow/ gold on the visible spectrum ffs

Did it feel nice wearing that putrid piece of shit in your first Grand Final? Last time I checked, purple was opposite to yellow/ gold on the visible spectrum ffs

Tell that to the AFL. They're the ones who decided purple shorts clashed with brown.

That's a different argument to claiming the likes of Richmond and Essendon don't clash though.

(Btw that 'putrid piece of shit' is our strip for 50% of our games, so I have no issue wearing it when there's a genuine clash)

Last edited:
Tell that to the AFL. They're the ones who decided purple shorts clashed with brown.

That's a different argument to claiming the likes of Richmond and Essendon don't clash though.

(Btw that 'putrid piece of shit' is our strip for 50% of our games, so I have no issue wearing it when there's a genuine clash)

Richmond and Essendon wouldn't clash if the away team wore coloured shorts - yellow or red.

Wear white shorts with your purple jumper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens when Fremantle play North Melbourne in Melbourne and North wear their blue shorts?

That's when common sense should come in with the 'rubbery white short policy'. They should wear all white and we'll wear all purple.

Ridiculous to have one team wearing a white top and dark shorts, while the other wears a dark top and white shorts. Are we trying to solve clashes or create them?

In a perfect world every team would have only one jumper, they would not clash, they would wear home shorts at home, and white shorts away.

I disagree. In a perfect world every team would have two complete uniforms (not treating jumpers and shorts separately), and supporters would accept both as being equally representative of their club.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL's rubbery white shorts policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back