AFL's rubbery white shorts policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep and it’s perfect

White = away shorts needs to go way of the dodo.
Only wear white if it is a club colour. And if mainly white jumper, wear white shorts like geelong does often.
Chefs kiss
I mostly agree but clubs should wear whatever they want if it's part of their colours. If they have majority white guernsey but want coloured shorts, that should be fine.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

St Kilda wearing black shorts with their away Guernsey? Collingwood wearing white as home team?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
I think Collingwood was officially the away team. Not sure why St Kilda wore their away strip though. Maybe they just thought it better avoided a clash with Collingwood?

I'm sure I've said it in this thread before, teams should be allowed to wear any combination of shorts. Bring back the coloured shorts from the 70s if needed.

Secondly, white/coloured shorts don't solve all issues.
The pies created a clash when reversing thier jumper, and could easily solve a lot of clashes by reverting to the old one.
Afl could also enforce the jumper clash policy and not let team decide. That would mean they use common sense though.

Definitely agree it’s inappropriate for the AFL to bring in a policy that players must wear rubbery white shorts.

Think of the children (not to mention the chafing)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL's rubbery white shorts policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back