AFL's rubbery white shorts policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Just think, someone is paid in six figures to f*** this up.
This person clearly believes that two dark jumpers with one team in white shorts is ok. So two white jumpers with one team in dark shorts must be ok too
AFL logic
🤔

just watched the Crows v Saints replay - if i wasn't a Crows fan there is zero chance I would have gotten through the entire match

was kind of hoping Adelaide may have changed kits at half time or something

I get it was indigenous round, but surely the fact Adelaide's away top is a permanent indigenous top meant they could have just not worried about it this week...

to think we once realised white shorts weren't necessary

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect the white shorts policy was for black and white tv era and not needed with colour tv more common in late 1970's.
I suspect before television there was no need for white shorts.
There was.

In the olden days the home team always wore black shorts and the away team white, regardless of club colours.

The black shorts policy was ditched but the white shorts policy hangs around.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

There was.

In the olden days the home team always wore black shorts and the away team white, regardless of club colours.

The black shorts policy was ditched but the white shorts policy hangs around.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Interesting. How far back are we talking of this black shorts/white shorts policy?

to think we once realised white shorts weren't necessary

maxresdefault.jpg
I remember the situation being that Hawthorn and Sydney never wore white shorts but everyone else did away. Not sure how that worked or why but I distinctly remember Hawthorn never wearing them.

Bump

Crows should be in navy shorts. Why introduce white into them when north have white

Yep, this is the big change in thinking that needs to be made.

There is nothing wrong with colour vs colour shorts, even if it's black v navy. It is always a bad move to introduce white onto a team that doesn't wear it when they're playing against a team that does.

The Crows have been wearing white away shorts since 1991 though :huh:

Which is fine against teams that don't have much white.

They just shouldn't introduce white to a non-white uniform against a team that has a lot of white.

If the Crows play Geelong in Geelong, they should be wearing navy shorts, even if Geelong are as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL's rubbery white shorts policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back