AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Im doing it. McCarthy > Anderson. I just think i need her for the double round and it makes sense to do it this round. Im also going with a different defender option who has the double next round too (Schilling). It means im keeping H.Stuart in my forwardline and playing Huntington & Pauga again.

105k free. Hopefully can do Goody/Breed/H.Stuart to Blackburn/rookie/rookie next round.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 2.39.12 pm.png

Looking at doubles i just did the numbers which can help with forward planning.

Round 4 doubles

= WC, Brisbane, Bulldogs, Magpies
(Schilling, Thomas, Anderson, Grider, Hodder, Schleicher) - 6

Round 5 doubles

= Richmond, Port, Carlton, North
(Brennan, Goody, Window, Finn, Beatty, Garner) - 6

Round 6 doubles

= Geelong, Freo, Hawks, Suns, Bombers, Swans
(Vukic, Breed, Rowbottom) - 3

Round 7 doubles

= Saints, GWS, Adelaide, Melbourne
(Stuart, Huntington, Pauga, O’Dowd, Noffy, Hore) - 6

So i have 6,6,3,6 setup currently. I'm happy with that, crazy that the round where there are 6 teams with the double, i only have 3 players and 2 are on my bench.

Round 4 doubles

Round 5 doubles

Round 6 doubles

Round 7 doubles

So i have 6,6,3,6 setup currently. I'm happy with that, crazy that the round where there are 6 teams with the double, i only have 3 players and 2 are on my bench.
My numbers

Round 4 doubles

(Thomas, Anderson, Blackburn, Schleicher, Bonicci ,McKee) - 5 on field, 1 bench= 6

Round 5 doubles

(Goody, Finn, Tripodi, Lavey? (might trade her in this week), Beatty - 4 on field, 1 bench = 5?

Round 6 doubles

(Vukic, Breed, Rowbottom, Webster, Friswell, Bodey) - 5 on field, 1 bench = 6

Round 7 doubles

(Watson? (could be out for me but may hold), O'Dowd, Pauga, Noffy, Hore) 5?

So a nice even split per round

What do you guys think of these trades? Leaves me with my captains sorted on the double weeks in Anderson, Garner, Rowbottom and Noffy and Anderson likely goes up a fair bit even if she scores a 125+ it'll be a significant amount. Appreciate any input as there's not a whole bunch of resources out there for the women's fantasy. Cheers!

1000006111.png 1000006110.png

My numbers

Round 4 doubles

(Thomas, Anderson, Blackburn, Schleicher, Bonicci ,McKee) - 5 on field, 1 bench= 6

Round 5 doubles

(Goody, Finn, Tripodi, Lavey? (might trade her in this week), Beatty - 4 on field, 1 bench = 5?

Round 6 doubles

(Vukic, Breed, Rowbottom, Webster, Friswell, Bodey) - 5 on field, 1 bench = 6

Round 7 doubles

(Watson? (could be out for me but may hold), O'Dowd, Pauga, Noffy, Hore) 5?

So a nice even split per round
Isn't that 19 onfield? We only have 16 onfield unless you're talking about bringing bench players on.

Isn't that 19 onfield? We only have 16 onfield unless you're talking about bringing bench players on.
I’ve put both bench and field players for each round hence the higher numbers

On field only it’ll be

W4: 5
W5: 3, or 4 if i trade in Lavey at D5
W6: 5
W7: 4, or 5 if i retain Watson, and for that long

Ah yep got you, i dont even think its worth fielding Beatty/Smith in DGW's lmao, but dunno if we should be wasting trades on them with short season.
Yeah as someone mentioned a few posts back, it’s similar to SuperCoach BBL where going overboard with the DGW players actually may hinder you. So keeping it to that 4-6 per week is the right number

Yeah as someone mentioned a few posts back, it’s similar to SuperCoach BBL where going overboard with the DGW players actually may hinder you. So keeping it to that 4-6 per week is the right number
Yeah no idea what preference you should take, maybe atad less DGW's early on to trade into them in the later rounds.

Yeah no idea what preference you should take, maybe atad less DGW's early on totrade into them in the later rounds.
You've gotta really target the decent scorers/premo rather than go for cheapies purely becuase they have the double

Take next week for example, I have Thomas, Anderson, Blackburn, Ruby and Bonicci as my doubles, I can get 1000+ plus with one of them being C, if the mids ton up each game at a minimum and the DEF get 60 per game, and then get the usual scores for the singles.

You've gotta really target the decent scorers/premo rather than go for cheapies purely becuase they have the double

Take next week for example, I have Thomas, Anderson, Blackburn, Ruby and Bonicci as my doubles, I can get 1000+ plus with one of them being C, if the mids ton up each game at a minimum and the DEF get 60 per game)
Yeah exactly, obviously we trade the rooks after there DGW's into a good premo with there DGW.

Just wondering if we also trade a good premo over the 4 weeks to get the maximum potential score's each week, but probably slows you down interms of having more premos onfield.

Round 4 doubles

Round 5 doubles

Round 6 doubles

Round 7 doubles

You don't really need to worry about the doubles like you do the byes don't you? Theoretically all the players should get double weeks so it doesn't really matter when you get them.

Only thing you'd want to worry about is not trading a player who has their double coming up to a player who doesn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't really need to worry about the doubles like you do the byes don't you? Theoretically all the players should get double weeks so it doesn't really matter when you get them.

Only thing you'd want to worry about is not trading a player who has their double coming up to a player who doesn't.
That is right. I'm getting Anderson as my captain option. Whether I get Blackburn or not doesn't really matter bye wise

It's going to be interesting to see how things pan out, for me, I'll be looking to upgrade M5 next week but I'll only be able to target someone around Bonnici's price, I'll grab her because she has the DGW but also because of the WCE/Dogs matchup, I don't think that I'll keep her as Garner is the target (Using Bonnici as a stepping stone) I also have Conti, is it then worthwhile to also trade Conti > Blackburn for her DGW then reverse the trade the week after?

Round 4:

Marinoff
Rowbottom
Anderson
Blackburn
Bonnici

Round 5:

Marinoff
Anderson
Garner
Riddell
Conti

And so on, obviously it's not an ideal world as there'll be injuries and issues on other lines, but it's something that I'm looking at for now

It's going to be interesting to see how things pan out, for me, I'll be looking to upgrade M5 next week but I'll only be able to target someone around Bonnici's price, I'll grab her because she has the DGW but also because of the WCE/Dogs matchup, I don't think that I'll keep her as Garner is the target (Using Bonnici as a stepping stone) I also have Conti, is it then worthwhile to also trade Conti > Blackburn for her DGW then reverse the trade the week after?

Round 4:

Marinoff
Rowbottom
Anderson
Blackburn
Bonnici

Round 5:

Marinoff
Anderson
Garner
Riddell
Conti

And so on, obviously it's not an ideal world as there'll be injuries and issues on other lines, but it's something that I'm looking at for now
Yeah I’m thinking about planning on a rotating M5 and maybe ruck for the DGWs. Or does it make more sense to ignore them and work on weaknesses as normal…

One thing though, it might not make sense to trade someone out right after their DGW, eg Bonnici, depending how the breakevens and price gain work? Like if it’s factored into their price formula as one massive game, or as two. Idk.

Yeah I’m thinking about planning on a rotating M5 and maybe ruck for the DGWs. Or does it make more sense to ignore them and work on weaknesses as normal…

One thing though, it might not make sense to trade someone out right after their DGW, eg Bonnici, depending how the breakevens and price gain work? Like if it’s factored into their price formula as one massive game, or as two. Idk.
I haven't heard or seen a definitive answer on how price rise (drops) will be calculated over the DGW's. I'm assuming that it'll be like how the men's comp. handled round 0 where BE's were adjusted after the 1st game with prices and BE's applied after the 2nd game. I'm not sure though as that would eliminate 1 round of price rises and price drops, guess it doesn't matter if all players are treated equally. We could see some wild price swings though, particularly with rookies who have 2 good games, conversely a premo having 2 bad games could have a huge drop in price. I'd be surprised if prices were calculated on aggregate as that would skew things massively, leading to huge negative BE's coming out of DGW's

Working on weaknesses has merit, as every player will have a DGW, guess it's a bit of balance.

Last edited:

So Hosking for eg we shouldn’t get rid of this week?

If she pulls out a 30, then another 2 30s during the DGW, it's not worth having her. She would need to be scoring 50s
Yeah exactly, i think this round is still fix ups regardless if they have DGW in the next few weeks, everyone has one and if you're trading into better players/keepers then it won't matter what week they are.

Last edited:
You can get rid of her this week but ideally not next week
Personally I am holding Hosking this week because:

• Her breakeven is only 51
  • She is up against WBD who are one of the easiest match ups in the game; and
  • She has her DGW after next round.

Meaning all she needs to do is score 50+ in a matchup against the easiest team in the league (noting she scored 87 in round 1) and we can then hopefully get a couple of 40's / 50's out of her in the DGW and move her on after that.

Personally I am holding Hosking this week because:

• Her breakeven is only 51
  • She is up against WBD who are one of the easiest match ups in the game; and
  • She has her DGW after next round.

Meaning all she needs to do is score 50+ in a matchup against the easiest team in the league (noting she scored 87 in round 1) and we can then hopefully get a couple of 40's / 50's out of her in the DGW and move her on after that.
Good points. If i had her, i would probably do the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back