AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 1.38.42 pm.png

Team after trades. Have $524k to put on Breed next week and possibly Friswell. Will aim to bring in Randall & Hatchard for DGW with Fiedler downgraded which will give me a relatively complete team, with next focus after DGW on upgrading Prespakis & Hatchard.

Bradfield will hopefully make some quick cash over next 2 weeks. Hoping Pauga can fight back and get herself back close to $500k again.

Hoping Breed can get herself up over $850k after the 2 games.

Forced trade for Grace Campbell owners…. Will be rested this weekend. Thought I had finally got through unscathed with no forced trades lol

Like Shaunn says above Davies has to be the play as a replacement likely taking the ruck duties for the Swans

Last edited:
Davies and Hamilton split the ruck roughly 50/50 the previous weeks Morphett was out. Even half the ruck contests against Geelong seems like a good time, though. I'll definitely be considering her at F5 on Bolter.
It also means for me I cannot get Gardiner in pretty much, and it means Georgie Pres is a likely option now. I do have a few M4/5 pairings in mind

West/Georgie P
Both of the Pres sisters
Or Ash McCarthy/Georgie Pres

Tempted to get both Pres Sisters in as they’re both ball winners

It also means for me I cannot get Gardiner in pretty much, and it means Georgie Pres is a likely option now. I do have a few M4/5 pairings in mind

West/Georgie P
Both of the Pres sisters
Or Ash McCarthy/Georgie Pres

I'd probably go McCarthy because she tackles more, but it's a coin flip call that could go either way, depending on the day.

I'm in a similar spot RE: Gardiner. I could trade down players to get enough to take Conti up, it just makes way more sense not to, especially with Georgie that cheap. At least I get her second score on Bolter if she goes large. I just hate not having Loz in my team. Were it not for these DGWs, I'd never have traded her.

I love the Prespakii option right now, both key ball winners in teams that are firmly in last roll of the dice territory, and both well underpriced compared to potential. But man it could blow up in your face big time if they both drop a couple of 50-70 games, especially with G. coming off the quad.

Be a bold, bold move.

I'd probably go McCarthy because she tackles more, but it's a coin flip call that could go either way, depending on the day.

I'm in a similar spot RE: Gardiner. I could trade down players to get enough to take Conti up, it just makes way more sense not to, especially with Georgie that cheap. At least I get her second score on Bolter if she goes large. I just hate not having Loz in my team. Were it not for these DGWs, I'd never have traded her.
I’ve gone Maddy for the moment, but it’s really a coin flip like you said.

West is the same, can tackle for days but you need to hope she racks up 10+ tackles. Same with Ash, you need her to rack up the tackles too

Maddy at least has that ball winning ability you can rely on

Forced trade for Grace Campbell owners…. Will be rested this weekend. Thought I had finally got through unscathed with no forced trades lol
I was tossing up trading her out so I guess that's one decision made for me.

Pretty dodgy looking bench I know - traded Guerin out for McCarthy, and then downgraded Window to Robertson to facilitate Campbell to Gabby. $80k left in the bank.

Weak spots - was hoping to upgrade Finn to D'Arcy this week but with Campbell out then I have to leave her in. Still rocking Schleicher who I was hoping to boot off 2 weeks ago! And Pope at F5 as well..ugh.

No cash gen from the bench apart from Robertson who I'm hoping will have a solid week. At least I'll have $170k when I downgrade McCormick at some stage I suppose. Keep going O'Dowd you good thing!

Edit: Alternatively - being bold etc etc., ha - thoughts on
Campbell to Giselle Davies
Finn to Heads
Guerin to Georgie Prespakis

Would mean hopefully that defence is settled mostly, forward line is a bit hit and hope with both Davies and Katelyn Pope and keeping everything crossed for Prespakis to increase in cash.

1727769637034.png

Last edited:
Pretty dodgy looking bench I know
Looks sensational compared to my current bench of Buttifant / McLaughlin / Cleaver / Ella Smith (she's back!) / McKee. I've actually had negative cash generation from that lot of players and the upside is they've only got another $12K they can lose.

Cash gen on the bench would be nice, but every trade you use on your bench is an extra score you're not getting from the DGWs.

I also think Schleicher is fine as long as she's getting CBAs on a stoppage heavy team. I'd consider bringing her in if not for the DGW.

Don't forget to change your captains.

Geez it's hard to ignore Georgie Prespakis at her price and a BE of 68, can't see a great deal of difference in her scoring compared to McCarthy, so I guess she's in.

Got Gardiner in, but tempted by McCarthy for the same reasons as above, so might go McCarthy as well.

Need to keep upgrading the team so O'Sullivan comes in to complete the forward line.

Only have 4 DGW players this round but 3 of them are mids, hoping that the damage to the rankings is minimal. $670k ITB to get Noffy back next week along with an upgrade of D5

1727773187118.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only have 4 DGW players this round but 3 of them are mids, hoping that the damage to the rankings is minimal. $670k ITB to get Noffy back next week along with an upgrade of D5
Wouldn't it be better to have that money on the field and then downgrade people to get to Noffy next week? I think that money is the difference between Fiedler and Strom, for example.

Blowing it up again, I can't trust KB as a test against Collingwood with no bench cover.

Bye-bye pretty forward line, hello Syd Davies.

Doing something really stupid now, this week has become a forced purely DGW/cashgen week.

Brennan -> G Davies
Conti -> G Prespakis
Lavey -> Steane

Don't love it, but all should be cash positive, can't ditch Breed with a 45BE, can't ditch King with the WB game.

Wouldn't it be better to have that money on the field and then downgrade people to get to Noffy next week? I think that money is the difference between Fiedler and Strom, for example.
Ideally yes, but it would cost 2 trades to get Strom, meaning 1 less DGW mid, so I'm banking on McCarthy and/or Prespakis to outscore Strom. Fiedler had a tough match up last week, maybe she'll bounce back, the plan is to have her on field for rnd 7 then upgrade.

*Edit.... getting Strom would mean 3 DGW players instead of 4

Last edited:
Georgie

Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

Guess those guys with Strom, Prespakis, Friswell, McCarthyand O'Sullivan would have rather large smiles after the 1st 10 mins
just realised if I wasn't so adamant in getting O'Sullivan in, I could've actually had the cash to get Strom.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back