Game Day AFLW Round 2, 2024: West Coast vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible game tbh BUT then I remembered the top 3 draft picks this year and I am ok
Bulldogs are frontrunners for pick one. But given they'll probably take Harris, that's fine. I want Centra or Fish. Our draw after Rnd 3 gets harder and harder.

Bulldogs are frontrunners for pick one. But given they'll probably take Harris, that's fine. I want Centra or Fish. Our draw after Rnd 3 gets harder and harder.
Yeah agree. We'll be bottom 3, no issue.

So, after watching on delay.

Essondon covered up the middle, forcing the kick out wide, then shuffled across to that side, locking the ball in and creating turnovers. We didnt seem to be able to work through it.

Schilling was great as an intercept defensive mark, but her decision making and execution by foot is so slow, that even when she makes the correct decision for a target to kick to, by the time she actually gets around to kicking it, its the worng decision.

Sloppy sloppy decision making, and execution inj kicking overall.

Cleaver is going to be very good, but i think splitting preseason between Netball and Football has had an impact.

If Charlie Thomas could only teach some of the other players how to remain composed, and hit targets.

We'll want 17/18th because as far as I'm aware Harris is locked to GC as an academy player....sooo some issue 🥲
Not confirmed/announced by the AFL.

I agree, seems likely, but not confirmed.

Not confirmed/announced by the AFL.

I agree, seems likely, but not confirmed.
I still legitimately have no idea how academies work but it seems like we don't have nearly as many as other states? I think our only ones were Rosie Deegan (currently home with a torn ACL, Finishes up at Davidson and will likely ply her trade in Europe as a Baller) and Mikayla Bowen? The talent that Port picked up last year through academy players is absurd to me 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back