AFLW Toast AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Contract lengths 2024
These next few games are going to be interesting when considering Finals and where we get wins from.

Saints is going to be hard. Before the season I'd say they're near our level but now they are the tier below the likes of Adelaide and in really good form. I'm expecting a loss but if we consider ourselves a finals teams, it must be a close game.

Then we have to go into the Geelong and Gold Coast matches as favourites and must win. It's not going to be straightforward though if they both get key players back.

Looking further ahead, why not it's such a short fixture, that Fremantle game is almost a "scheduled loss" flying across the country on a 4 day break.

West Coast is another most likely win. They've only beaten weak sides so far. GWS, Melbourne and Richmond to finish will be big tests to prove how good we are, 2 out of 3 wins there and we should make it.

These next few games are going to be interesting when considering Finals and where we get wins from.

Saints is going to be hard. Before the season I'd say they're near our level but now they are the tier below the likes of Adelaide and in really good form. I'm expecting a loss but if we consider ourselves a finals teams, it must be a close game.

Then we have to go into the Geelong and Gold Coast matches as favourites and must win. It's not going to be straightforward though if they both get key players back.

Looking further ahead, why not it's such a short fixture, that Fremantle game is almost a "scheduled loss" flying across the country on a 4 day break.

West Coast is another most likely win. They've only beaten weak sides so far. GWS, Melbourne and Richmond to finish will be big tests to prove how good we are, 2 out of 3 wins there and we should make it.
Geelong is a big question mark. Prespakis isn't far off coming back and they have a lot of talent there. West Coast are poor and the Dockers have also played better footy than I expected this year

After watching all of our debut season and half of our 2nd season, this season has been vastly different, what a difference a new coach and fresh talent has done, I think we could be a top 4 or better team atm, it's exciting seeing the depth of talent at our club this year compared to our 1st 2 years and they seem very well conditioned and fit like our men's team, let's hope they can keep it up and apparently its a strong draft as well to add even more talent to this already talented squad.

Our debut seasons squad was poor(with some quality draftees)our talls were poor other than Wales and Eardley who were good from their draftee season, but now we have better talent, we have brought in tough hard mids(Bates, West, Breed and Fleming is a quality 4 mids) dangerous small forwards and developed talls like Aine, Everist and Hipwell, which frees us to put TLR and Smith on half back, I'm also keen to see what Butterworth can do as she looked clever and quick at times as a tall in some vic country games I saw her play in.

Last edited:

After watching all of our debut season and half of our 2nd season, this season has been vastly different, what a difference a new coach and fresh talent has done, I think we could be a top 4 or better team atm, it's exciting seeing the depth of talent at our club this year compared to our 1st 2 years and they seem very well conditioned and fit like our men's team, let's hope they can keep it up and apparently its a strong draft as well to add even more talent to this already talented squad.

Our debut seasons squad was poor(with some quality draftees)our talls were poor other than Wales and Eardley who were good from their draftee season, but now we have better talent, we have brought in tough hard mids(Bates, West, Breed and Fleming is a quality 4 mids) dangerous small forwards and developed talls like Aine, Everist and Hipwell, which frees us to put TLR and Smith on half back, I'm also keen to see what Butterworth can do as she looked clever and quick at times as a tall in some vic country games I saw her play in.
Butterworth's footy IQ was the biggest thing (other than her left boot) I picked up watching her for Vic Country and in the Talent League

such a smart player

we should target Sophie Butterworth from Dandenong in the draft imo, looks a quality KPF 181cm big frame, moves well, we could use a focal point at Hawthorn imo, just watching the vic country v vic metro game and she looks like the kind of forward we need in our set up.

P.S. i like Lila Keck she seems a good player
this is me a few weeks before the draft lol

Odd fixturing for the next few weeks

Thursday 26th Sept V Geelong @ GMHBA
Wednesday 2nd Oct V SUNS @ Frankston
Sunday 6th Oct V Fremantle @ Fremantle Oval
Saturday 12th Oct V WCE @ Frankston
Saturday 19th Oct V GWS @ Frankston
Thursday 24th Oct V Melb @ Cairns
then the last round yet to be determined - Rich in Melbourne

you would think every player not injured will get a run during the next 3 games over an 11 day period, exciting to see some who havnt had a run yet this year...

Last edited:
It'll certainly be an indication of how far off Dumont, best chance for a game. Tricky part is Vukic should be coming in before her as a tall forward, no idea what Dumont offers as defender (yet?).

The smalls of Locke and Fellow may just come down on who needs a rest and when. Butterworth should debut.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Toast AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back