Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough opening with 4 of the first 6 games played interstate, then we get 4 of the last 5 in WA.
yeah that because of the condensed season extension palying so many games in 3 week period. midweek games etc. so to cut back on travel the girls will stay in Vic for some away games vefore finishing home games at end of season

Just a heads up people. Drisco has been my buddy for the past two years - before she got famous. If anyone tries to swipe her off me this year, I swear, I will come after you with a machete!!

ImperialPurple 2024 buddy… Emma O’Driscoll!

Signing off (for now).

So long and thanks for all the fish 🐬🐬

AFLW evolves to national draft​

The AFL is pleased to announce that the 2024 Telstra AFLW Draft will transition to a fully national model, with all nominees available to be selected by any of the 18 clubs

Just now

Easier to play the “homesick” card in a year if she’s drafted over east.
Yeah, I like this. The club is no doubt bullish on finishing above WC, given the players we've been bringing in, which means Zippy would be gone anyway. With a national draft not only is there the chance she comes to us in a couple of years, we also get access to draftees potentially better than WA's second best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can they cope without Bowers and Stannett?

This year Fremantle will find out exactly what it is made of. Without former AFLW best-and-fairest winner Kiara Bowers and vice-captain Ange Stannett, the Dockers must learn to lean on the many rather than a few. As a result, this season could be the making of the club, or a big step backwards. If they can hold their own at the contest, the Dockers will be exceptionally well placed for the next five years, and it will be upon the shoulders of young players like Dana East, Gabby Newton, and Orlagh Lally, alongside more established trio Hayley Miller, Aisling McCarthy, and Gabby O'Sullivan. The key is that it will be about the unit as a whole, not one single performer.

Congrats to Ange for being captain. Weird decision to make a person who’s out for the season through injury captain though.
Was thinking that. Reckon the three VC's will play a big role onfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back