Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Makaela is out? Frick! I just drafted her as my new buddy.
joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

Didn't know Freo's women's list was the 2nd oldest?! Wow.

And Mim Strom getting to 50 games already, that's impressive!! She hasn't missed much since being drafted :)
I don't think Brazill, Tighe, Bowers and Antonio would help keeping the average age down much.

All the more reason to give Tuhakaraina a good run of consecutive games. She's clearly superior to any of the Irish contingent, barring Aine.

I don't think Brazill, Tighe, Bowers and Antonio would help keeping the average age down much.

All the more reason to give Tuhakaraina a good run of consecutive games. She's clearly superior to any of the Irish contingent, barring Aine.
Yeah I agree, I don't know why she is not playing - she doesn't seem to court much favour with Webb, I think she missed quite a few games last year too, or from (flaky) memory was in and out (??)

Hard to see how she’s not getting a game in front of Cregg and Mulholland. All of the 8 players who are over 30 are playing today, I’d prefer to see some youth in the fringe players.

Interesting article I read this morning about Gemma Houghton. Does give a better understanding of what was happening with her when she was at Fremantle.

I am a big fan of Gemma and was very sad to see her leave our club.
As I remember it there was a range of reactions to her departure and some of us were very critical.
Her story reminds us that our heroes have a life outside footy and living that life sometimes requires huge amounts of courage to just get through it all.
For me its also a reminder to treat all our young warriors with care and respect.
We have that responsibility.
Personal attacks from the stands and the keyboard are so cheap and far too easy.
Big thanks to Gemma for sharing her journey and I wish her all the best for the future.
Heartfelt YOKAI!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to see how she’s not getting a game in front of Cregg and Mulholland. All of the 8 players who are over 30 are playing today, I’d prefer to see some youth in the fringe players.
They're too invested in the Gaelic players.

Gaelic/soccer/basketball sourced players can tend to have an ingrained mindset that's both reactive and consistently not as aggressive at the contest as it could be.

They're athletic, but Tuhakaraina is both athletic and proactive. She wastes little time in making decisions and driving the ball forward.

I like a lot of the strategic and player connection decisions from Webb, but I think they go a bit vanilla at times and (admittedly there may be unknown factors) the approach to Tuks is dunderheaded.

I say ...choose Care and Respect as the default option
No place for death threats in my supporters kit.
Nothing like that at all.

More just unless someone else brings her up, I forget she exists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back