Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I really think the coaching staff try to have complex game styles instead of playing old school ways to combat and use the wind.
Problem is they just don't understand the wind factor

So many players running under the ball when the wind carries and if their opponent runs under the footy then they do it too.

Just not able to read the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

Happy with a win

Above and beyond everyones observations, would be good to have some players who could burst out of a pack

Best goal of Mulhollands career

Thought O'Drsicoll did a good job on Houghton.

Would love Miller to rediscover more of her <2023 form

Liked the look of Biedenweg-Webster. can't see Clegg getting another game

Strom has stepped up this year

The girls did well to hold them off at the back end of the 3rd quarter to keep the margin narrow enough to run over them in the last .

Mim had another dominant game in the ruck and equally dominant around the ground.

The young rising star from last week from Port, Goody, looks like a classic rover type player. I thought she was their BOG.

Lally had a good game. She cut off a lot of their kicks out of defence when they were kicking out against the wind and even though some of her kicks were scrubby she helped to keep the ball back inside 50m and built up the pressure.

I think the issue is there are 10 others that could be dropped with her

Not sure why we aren't turning over the list more, last year delisting runnalls and redrafting, bizarre
I thought she (Pugh) was the worst today along with East unless i missed something. Not sure about Low either. Most others contributed to the team effort.

The girls did well to hold them off at the back end of the 3rd quarter to keep the margin narrow enough to run over them in the last .

Mim had another dominant game in the ruck and equally dominant around the ground.

The young rising star from last week from Port, Goody, looks like a classic rover type player. I thought she was their BOG.

Lally had a good game. She cut off a lot of their kicks out of defence when they were kicking out against the wind and even though some of her kicks were scrubby she helped to keep the ball back inside 50m and built up the pressure.
Agree on Lally and Strom. Best game I have seen from Mulholland. Driss got better the longer the game went, i thought.

McCarthy was wearing a brace on her leg after the game which doesn't make me hopeful for next game.

Also saw old Shep was still there doing a bit of support coaching for Fremantle.

I thought she (Pugh) was the worst today along with East unless i missed something. Not sure about Low either. Most others contributed to the team effort.
Jess Low is very poor, to frail to win contested ball , Tuks would be better given she has some X factor

WE seem to have a lot of skinny players that are easily pushed off the ball, looked better when Ebs was crashing the packs in last quarter but missing Turbo big time

Newton is a strange one did some good things but other times was very poor with her attack at the ball

Jess Low is very poor, to frail to win contested ball , Tuks would be better given she has some X factor

WE seem to have a lot of skinny players that are easily pushed off the ball, looked better when Ebs was crashing the packs in last quarter but missing Turbo big time

Newton is a strange one did some good things but other times was very poor with her attack at the ball
I think Low is struggling for best position

She was drafted as a Midfield lockdown player ( she shut down Miller in WAFL ) but we don't have room for another small inside mid

She was used as a strange hybrid back on key positions

I think she is lost as a wing

She's definitely strong and a good decision maker but durs seem out of sorts

I think the issue is there are 10 others that could be dropped with her

Not sure why we aren't turning over the list more, last year delisting runnalls and redrafting, bizarre
Long time listener, first time caller and 100% agree with this. Missed finals 2yrs in a row but for some reason think the squad is good enough. Both Antonios stayed too long, Tux needs to play or find a club who’ll play her, Seth got drafted in 2018 and hasn’t proved she’s consistently up to it. Same goes for Runnalls, Stribley, Low, and a bunch more. Only drafting Ifould last year and bringing in Brazill & Newton is the sort of thing that teams challenging for flag do and we are miles off that. All seems too cliquey for me, need to sign actual footballers who can kick and mark and kick goals and and make good decisions

Long time listener, first time caller and 100% agree with this. Missed finals 2yrs in a row but for some reason think the squad is good enough. Both Antonios stayed too long, Tux needs to play or find a club who’ll play her, Seth got drafted in 2018 and hasn’t proved she’s consistently up to it. Same goes for Runnalls, Stribley, Low, and a bunch more. Only drafting Ifould last year and bringing in Brazill & Newton is the sort of thing that teams challenging for flag do and we are miles off that. All seems too cliquey for me, need to sign actual footballers who can kick and mark and kick goals and and make good decisions
West Coast has taken all the best WA talent for years with all their priority pick tripe and we didn't have access to the rest. We did what we could with what we had at our disposal. Hopefully the open draft will allow us to start recruiting high end talent again.

West Coast has taken all the best WA talent for years with all their priority pick tripe and we didn't have access to the rest. We did what we could with what we had at our disposal. Hopefully the open draft will allow us to start recruiting high end talent again.
draft was open last year though, I see no reason to have kept Runnalls on, she wasn't at the standard last year and still isn't this year

We were forced to pick up some fill ins through injury/pregnancy otherwise we only drafted one player

The three trade ins all look the goods but Braz is 34 so not exactly a long term plan there

The scary thing is most of our talent are older players

Mim is basically the lone A Grade youngster, the other is O'driscoll but in reality she has some pretty big limitations that aren't going to cut it in the future so probably belongs in the second tier.

The tier down would be East, Scanlon, Verrier, Newton, would have put Morro in there but its like 3 years out of the game now, who knows how she will go

After that its pretty dire

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back