Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Very hard to get enthusiastic about a game where you kick 3 goals. Major change that they need to make to the rules is penalise over and over holding the ball so you remove most of the stoppages and they don't just lie on it or hold it to themselves. Also if the boundary umpires come in 20 metres from the line and then can still only throw it in 5 metres they shouldn't umpire, better still just give a kick to the other team even if it is just off hands so there are no throw ins.

Sorry, but the ‘kicking into the wind in first quarters’ excuse no longer holds water for mine. We outscored them after quarter time but conceded 4 of the first 5 goals. They seriously need to sort that if we’re going to get anywhere near the good teams as they aren’t going to let us back in like the weaker teams have.

Sorry, but the ‘kicking into the wind in first quarters’ excuse no longer holds water for mine. We outscored them after quarter time but conceded 4 of the first 5 goals. They seriously need to sort that if we’re going to get anywhere near the good teams as they aren’t going to let us back in like the weaker teams have.
Thing is, we were really hot the first 10 mins, like dominating contest and territory. Just couldn’t invert it into shots on goal. Not sure it could really be called a slow start, or that in this case it’s about effort or anything. Basically, Hawks were good, the advantage that Mim gives us was neutralised, and unfortunately they didn’t tire enough for us to dominate the last.

Biggest issue I think was not switching to the short kick game when it was clear they were going to mark every long kick forward of centre.

Thing is, we were really hot the first 10 mins, like dominating contest and territory. Just couldn’t invert it into shots on goal. Not sure it could really be called a slow start, or that in this case it’s about effort or anything. Basically, Hawks were good, the advantage that Mim gives us was neutralised, and unfortunately they didn’t tire enough for us to dominate the last.

Biggest issue I think was not switching to the short kick game when it was clear they were going to mark every long kick forward of centre.
Yeah I felt that first half a quarter or so was where we had a real chance to stamp some authority. We were really hesitant at a couple of contests in the forward line, which allowed the Hawks to wriggle off the hook. They then got some goals with that momentum in the back half minutes of the 1st quarter.

It's disappointing on the contested ball score, because the way we've attack those has been an advantage when we were on the road this past week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back