Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not showing up last week has really ****ed us
Holding Mel Gibson GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

I hope a late momentary lapse in concentration doesn’t end up like the one point the men gave us against Essendon…
Well we're not facing consecutive games against top 4 teams to finish the season like the men's team. If we drop any of these last two juicy games, us missing finals is down to that more than earlier games.

Well we're not facing consecutive games against top 4 teams to finish the season like the men's team. If we drop any of these last two juicy games, us missing finals is down to that more than earlier games.
That one point v Essendon was the difference. But yes there’s no North, Brisbane etc waiting for us. And this is about the girls anyway. 💜🩷💜

What has happened to Roux?

She’s lost out there. Spent the whole day hunting bodies, spudding up the joint.

She and Franklin were a net negative for the Weavils.

Meanwhile McCarthy is kicking arse.

Yeh I don't know what happened to Roxy. When she started playing for us, the way she moved & played she looked a natural and could have been anything.

She seems to have lost her way. I don't know if she's lost interest.

How did the toast let McCarthy go? She’s a gun!
Have no idea how she went with the WC, but she's definitely firing with us. Sometimes that just happens, players get to a new environment and just click. A great sign though is the level of enthusiasm new recruits describe the sense of instant belonging they feel coming into the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She’s lost out there. Spent the whole day hunting bodies, spudding up the joint.

Roux has been like that for years

Not actually that tall now compared to the newer breed of aflw players, was just in the league at the right time to look good

There's a reason we cut her

Kikoak and Bidenweg-Webster are already showing more than Franklin and Roux.

Roxxxy welcome back anytime.
Looking back its a bit sad.
Am I on a sentimental journey?
Roux was genuinely talented. Early on she had that explosive X factor with a wicked leap for a mark. She's just had no luck with her body and I reckon continual injuries have eroded her explosiveness and now she struggles with confidence too.

She was a big Freo fan growing up, so being traded out, especially to WC wouldn't be so easy to swallow. Having her back, for sentimental reasons, would be nice.

But for ex-players returning I would rather go after Cain. Having left for more opportunity in the midfield she might be more inclined to return if sold on her place in there. Also would love to make a play for poaching Roberts and/or Teakle (given Port axed her brother and is no longer there).

Roux was genuinely talented. Early on she had that explosive X factor with a wicked leap for a mark. She's just had no luck with her body and I reckon continual injuries have eroded her explosiveness and now she struggles with confidence too.

She was a big Freo fan growing up, so being traded out, especially to WC wouldn't be so easy to swallow. Having her back, for sentimental reasons, would be nice.

But for ex-players returning I would rather go after Cain. Having left for more opportunity in the midfield she might be more inclined to return if sold on her place in there. Also would love to make a play for poaching Roberts and/or Teakle (given Port axed her brother and is no longer there).
Cain didn't leave for opportunities, she was a massive bomber and always dreamed of playing for them

She's now their skipper, no chance she comes back

How did the toast let McCarthy go? She’s a gun!
She said recently that she was not enjoying it and was even looking at going back to Gaelic but she really liked what she heard from Webb and decided to try Freo instead. My sense is that being a leader in a crap team was challenging, and not having the additional responsibilities at Freo measn she's thriving.

At any rate, if she's telling WC that she'd like to be traded to Freo, with the alternative being her giving up the game anyway, my guess is WC would have been happy to get a player and a pick out of what would otherwise be a complete loss.

Cain didn't leave for opportunities, she was a massive bomber and always dreamed of playing for them

Pretty sure she was offered a Tier 1 contract too, which she had no chance of getting at Freo.

I always said she was our biggest loss in the expansion raids. Funny to be talking about getting her back now, when we have finally found in Lally a winger who has those attributes we were most missing when Cain left.

At the time she said she left for opportunities to play in the midfield, which tees up with what was happening at the time. I've not heard that she was a Essendon fan, that'd be a bummer (so to speak), where did you hear that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back