Autopsy After a tight😶 half of football we steamroll Essendon by 39

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would have thought at the start of the season that Melican would be one of our most important players. The McCartin, Melican, Rampe trio is pivotal and with Mills going back and coming into form it’s good news.

a few people said it during the week - we don’t have a middle ground. Shocking first half, great second half.

Top spot secured, 2 home finals. Papley, Warner and JMac to come back.

If Macca gets up the first final will be the first game all year with our best 22 out there.

(I don't count North with Parker starting sub and Mills' first game for the year)

So the Swans realistically have Juzz, Papley and Warner to return.
For those ins i expect: Cleary, Warner and Amartey/Adams to get dropped and Campbell/Adams to be moved to sub

Essendon came out with a tonne of effort, their season on the line and we managed to win by nearly 40.

Yes our first half was... Concerning to say the least but our second half was some of our best football.

Hard, fast, composed, skillful and most importantly accurate (12.4 in the second half).

If we can rest some bodies, build on that effort next week we are actually hitting September in a good little spot.

Loved Clearlys game, but the important performance for us in my eyes was Mills in defence, not his greatest game, but he really solidified our backline.

Will be interesting to see how we fit in Papley, McInerney and the Chad come finals.

Like the trade has been a net positive for the season but i think we need to give someone else a go because idk if he can turn it around for finals. Would rather try someone else e.g. Cleary in the same role than continue with Adams
I’d keep Cleary as small forward. Can play the Wicks pressure role but with more class.
Sheldrick pls

Essendon came out with a tonne of effort, their season on the line and we managed to win by nearly 40.

Yes our first half was... Concerning to say the least but our second half was some of our best football.

Hard, fast, composed, skillful and most importantly accurate (12.4 in the second half).

If we can rest some bodies, build on that effort next week we are actually hitting September in a good little spot.

Loved Clearlys game, but the important performance for us in my eyes was Mills in defence, not his greatest game, but he really solidified our backline.

Will be interesting to see how we fit in Papley, McInerney and the Chad come finals.

I think we can squeeze them in

Who would have thought at the start of the season that Melican would be one of our most important players. The McCartin, Melican, Rampe trio is pivotal and with Mills going back and coming into form it’s good news.

a few people said it during the week - we don’t have a middle ground. Shocking first half, great second half.

Top spot secured, 2 home finals. Papley, Warner and JMac to come back.

It isn't that hard to believe actually as we are very short of key defenders. We knew at the start of the season if one of McCartin or Melican went down we did not have anyone else to really cover for them.

Like the trade has been a net positive for the season but i think we need to give someone else a go because idk if he can turn it around for finals. Would rather try someone else e.g. Cleary in the same role than continue with Adams

I mean he turned it over less than Gulden Heeney and Parker .

I think his in close work has been important but he also looked half fit today .

Interesting times ahead because he also doesn't get it as much as Heeney and gulden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean he turned it over less than Gulden Heeney and Parker .

I think his in close work has been important but he also looked half fit today .

Interesting times ahead because he also doesn't get it as much as Heeney and gulden
Understand the comparison but i think there is a difference in the attacking nature of Gulden and Heeney. Both of the latter two can kick 2 goals in a game whereas don't really see Adams doing that and also they both end up with way more SIs because even their kicks forward generate pressure on oppo defenders

Oh without doubt.

Just interesting who we drop.

Currently I have Clearly (harsh), Adams (Wonder if they will do this), Corey Warner.

I liked Campbells game today so want him to stay in the side.

If Jmac , Warner, Fox and Papley were all fit and everyone from today is uninjured .. Amartey looked sore for instance

Then Cleary goes as good as he looked and Warner.

I agree re Campbell think he stays ahead of Fox coming back.

So it's down to

Adams, Campbell, Parker , A tall forward , Roberts, Cunningham and that's just thinking who might be lower rated /been sub etc.

So yeah it might be Adams v Campbell and as much as I like him Adams might be in trouble .

Parker has looked slow but worst case he is a better sub than Adams ever will be .

But that's if everyone's fit and who knows may change our minds 50 times

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy After a tight😶 half of football we steamroll Essendon by 39

Remove this Banner Ad

Back