After all the pre-season hype...

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

It's 12 months of devastating losses in 2013.

It's 6 months of the club talking up it's success over the preseason.

It's the clubs leaders talking up a top 4 finish.

It's the coaching panel talking up the improved game plan.

To then serve up this.

Yes, it will be a bloody long season.

That pissed me off this week. Why come out with these bold success statements? Drew?

We are middle table at best, with the added unfortunate disadvantage of being shit.

I'm sorry, I saw this comment and had to pipe up. Our membership numbers are nearly identical this year. If you want to attack other supporters, particularly those following the same team, make sure you can back it up with rhetoric more substantial than age old cliches. Or, maybe that's all you've got left. :rolleyes:

You're on the North board. Nobody cares about your membership here.

That pissed me off this week. Why come out with these bold success statements? Drew?

We are middle table at best, with the added unfortunate disadvantage of being shit.

Disagree with that bit. It's year 5, every box was ticked. We should be able to set high expectations at least look like we're trying to achieve them.

The team could only keep setting mythical non-tangible public goals for so long before it became a copout.

Ignoring the future possibilities of success within the current group for a sec, what's the point of following a sporting team to enjoy the highs if you aren't prepared to endure the lows?

Ignoring the future possibilities of success within the current group for a sec, what's the point of following a sporting team to enjoy the highs if you aren't prepared to endure the lows?
Bang on! And after all the club has endured off the field in recent years. Yes the performance was unacceptable but the club needs us. Through thick and thin.

300-spartans-o.gif

happy to buy a membership as I know it contributes to my team staying in melbourne

bloody annoyed when they dont front up against essendon - 92 was one of my favourite years going to the footy... we won #### all games but we beat the scum and showed promise for the years to come... when we don't commit to tackles, get shoved off the ball and chip it out of bounds on the full.... against the drug cheats of all ####ing teams - that is what gets my blood boiling

they were good last night

we sucked

the membership is not a factor for me but I see why people resent paying for it when the team doesn't perform..
Waynesworld - love your work on here - don't let the rest of em bring you down

Well, lots of people won't be buying memberships next year.

The club's future is hardly assured, and they players will throw up another year of 10th.

We'll beat the Dogs by 6 goals next week. Who gives a ****. The team has no competitive spirit.

Man am feelin your pain, but seriously if we play like that we won't beat the Dogs, Dees , Saints or the T**ty Bong two's.

I realise Essendon fans are on a 'high' this morning, but they aint much chop. Three debutantes, you don't normally expect much when that's the case.

I've also stuck up for Brad Scott. Now I'm feelin' we may just have bought B S' bullshit.

...I'm glad I haven't wasted my money on a membership.

New season, same old shit.

You're a good man and fight the good fight so with the utmost respect - that is garbage from a good North man like yourself.

I buy my membership(s) so I get the best seat in the house to watch the cowards do their thing. I want to see every piss weak effort close up, I want to abuse the frauds that consistently get games over blokes who would die for the jumper. I want to see Jmac take 50 steps without bouncing when he had Drew one on one down the line.

I am a glutton for punishment.

I support the jumper & the club despite hating this team of nowhere coward giblet squib impostors.

That's the only way I can justify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like 100 posts since 2011? Piss off.

I would suggest that is because they are considered posts, and not off the cuff shit posts.

Just say'n.

Well, I have my membership. I support the club, regardless of how crap our players play or our coach coaches.

Good news for you though, Freo are on a winning streak, and I am sure they will take your money.

Our next 6 games are Bullies, Port, Sydney, Collingwood, Freo & Gold Coast. Based on last night we could be 0-7 even with some improvement we may end up 2-5.

Our next 6 games are Bullies, Port, Sydney, Collingwood, Freo & Gold Coast. Based on last night we could be 0-7 even with some improvement we may end up 2-5.

Or, as Collingwood and Sydney were also badly beaten in the first round, we could be very hopeful going into those games. Obviously it's not worth turning up against winners Port, Freo and Suns. If we base our expectations on last night's hideousness, we should be consistent.

I reckon its a good thread. Sure the OP might be a bit emotional but hey don't apologise for being passionate. That aside, The overall quality of supporters posting on this thread is pretty high.
If for no other reason, this thread has been useful for that one reason.
As for the game last night?
I'd very much doubt you will dish that up again next week. History is littered with big round 1 upsets followed by that team bouncing back in round 2. Someone mentioned to me you haven't won in round 1 for 4 years, I wonder about your round 2 record.

Based on round 1 we would be 0-22, but we wont be that shit for the entire season. Question is if we are going to take a big step forward or just go through the motions for half a season.

I'll never give up my membership, but those sort of performances are becoming far too commonplace.

As people have said, it's a give and take thing. If the club is happy to take my money, they sure as shit better give me something in return on the field in the way of the players actually giving a shit EVERYTIME they run out onto the field.

Last edited:
Write down sydney and freo as almost certain losses.
Port will outwork and outrun us
Gold coast, Collingwood 50/50
Bullies is a should win but given our midfield situation at the moment they could give us a scare.

Conclusion is we will be in the same position we have been for the last 4 years under Scott. Nothing to suggest anything will change.
Hoping the stars align and they prove us wrong.

This but try looking at the next 9, you will scream, Wayne fight on mate...

This thread reminds me of the frustration we felt back in the early nineties when the club was building a dynasty but started using the team of the nineties tag, before those outstanding under 19 players had earnt the right. Good thing enough members and shareholders stuck fat back then. And that their forebears endured and battled through generations of wilderness, pre Barrassi.

By all means ditch your membership, but don't expect your disapproval to carry any weight come AGM time. And don't expect to share the pure joy of being at top of the mountain when we reach it again.

Shinboner lesson 101. Our triumphs are always sweeter because we have to wade through a mountain of shit to reach them....

. And those guys had a competitive spirit, nothing about this current team indicates that.
Even the Dean Laidley coached sides of the 2000's had a competitive edge about them. Sure we were short on cash and talent but those sides generally always had a crack recording some great come-from-behind wins from aginest all odds. So much has changed both from the Pagan years and the Laidley years on field and off, some for the better but also some for the worse like the death of the shinboner spirit which those sides possessed.

Remove this Banner Ad

After all the pre-season hype...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back