Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1ec6fb5195f1fea8d57438316b79192d.gif

Every time you post, I think it’s KIA34.

Listen if the Clarko thread stayed on topic then it would still be thread one page 25 and none of us would know how to make fried dimmies in a rice cooker while listening to Soundgarden cover Ebony and Ivory.
Big difference between light-hearted food talk and joking (during times of genuine euphoria) vs. Lectures on the history of Australia. One adds to the thread. The other turns it into bickering with a number of posters jumping on their high horse to scold anyone that disagrees with them. No surprise you've taken issue with my comment because it's your bread and butter.

Big difference between light-hearted food talk and joking (during times of genuine euphoria) vs. Lectures on the history of Australia. One adds to the thread. The other turns it into bickering with a number of posters jumping on their high horse to scold anyone that disagrees with them. No surprise you've taken issue with my comment because it's your bread and butter.
So if you approve its acceptably off track and if you don't it should be gone?

What about my freedom of speech you snowflake?

There would still be things to investigate based on the terms of reference.

Noticeably whether the Egan Report was done right, for example.
True - but hard to 'convict' without a witness. What do you expect the outcome to be if the families opt out of participating?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the families refuse then where does that leave the whole enquiry?
Leaves it as a stitch up and time for everyone to get on with coaching and playing. Ultimately it will then end up in the courts which won’t do the accusers any favors.

AFL news: League has say on coaching returns of Alastair Clarkson and Chris Fagan amid investigation into Hawthorn racism allegations​

The AFL has weighed in on the imminent return to coaching duties for Alastair Clarkson and Chris Fagan, amid the investigation into allegations of racism at Hawthorn.

Sam Landsberger
Follow
@samlandsberger

2 min read
October 25, 2022 - 5:16PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/.../aac5fc8e9209fc1fff94bbb8cd4a8f75#share-tools

AFL News​

The AFL has no problems with Alastair Clarkson and Chris Fagan working as senior coaches while they are investigated over their alleged involvement in the Hawthorn racism scandal.
Clarkson returned home from Scotland on Monday night and welcomed the league outlining the Terms of Reference for the investigation, which were released last week.

“It’s taken a bit of time to get through that (Terms of Reference). At least we’ve got a platform now from which we can get a chance to tell our side of the story,” Clarkson told Channel 9 from the airport.

“Fages, myself and Jason (Burt) have been through a tough time over the last four weeks and just pleased they’ve been able to identify a platform with which we can reveal some of the truths behind this.”

Brisbane Lions’ board was set to ratify Fagan’s return to the club at Tuesday night’s meeting while Clarkson is expected to commence duties at Arden St when his five-year contract begins on November 1.

The AFL has no issue with Alastair Clarkson and Chris Fagan returning to coaching duties while under investigation over Hawthorn racism allegations.

The AFL has no issue with Alastair Clarkson and Chris Fagan returning to coaching duties while under investigation over Hawthorn racism allegations.
AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon said on Tuesday there was “at this stage” no reason why Fagan and Clarkson couldn’t fulfil their coaching roles while also participating in the investigation.

“It really is a matter for those individuals and the club,” Dillon said.
“And if they're in the right state of mind and they can work it out, it’s really a matter for the clubs in the individuals.”
Fagan was in Noosa enjoying lunch with his family on Tuesday.
The AFL remains unsure whether the complainants involved will participate in the independent inquiry.
“I think what I’d like to say about the Hawthorn review is that again it’s an independent review. So it will be conducted at arm’s length from us,” Dillon said.
“We‘ve got Gordon Legal advising us and so they’re sort of sitting in between the AFL (and the investigation).
“But I think if you look at the timeline of the terms of reference, we should have clarity in relation to who’s going to participate potentially by the end of this week.”
According to the AFL‘s Terms of Reference document: “A person who wishes to be a Participant must first inform the Investigation Panel via Gordon Legal that they elect to do so by (Friday), or on such later date as agreed by the Investigation Panel”.

Leaves it as a stitch up and time for everyone to get on with coaching and playing. Ultimately it will then end up in the courts which won’t do the accusers any favors.
Exactly. Any misunderstandings or miscommunications that might have led to genuine grievances being tabled will be identified to discredit the case (or however that is expressed in legal terms).

One thing that I was confused about with the Terms of Reference is that it appeared people could contact the Investigators with evidence supporting the alleged victims' statements, but not the accused. Maybe I misread or missed something, or perhaps the respondents are fully responsible for collecting that kind of information as part of their response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back