Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting thing was that the accused have a chance to see the draft of the results before it's published, and to make comments on it. Would this be so they have an opportunity to seek an injunction or take legal action of some sort if it's adverse? Intended or otherwise?

I’d imagine it might be the last chance to push the accused into mediation, which as we know from the draft terms of reference that had an apology built into it, is what the afl have wanted from the start

I’d imagine it might be the last chance to push the accused into mediation, which as we know from the draft terms of reference that had an apology built into it, is what the afl have wanted from the start
Hasn't the Egan report recommended mediation as the outcome most likely to achieve the best results for the accusers?

One of the problems with jackson's article is it makes mediation less likely imo.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure what young person would care about finding out via text. It’s 2022 FFS.
A shit load of young people absolutely loathe phone calls

Clarko - "a chance to tell our side of the story".

Exactly right.

What a joke how this whole "investigation" has been handled.

The quote marks " " are merited - it hasn't been an investigation, that's the problem (and it won't be for employment purposes, which is why it will have to be done again if disciplinary action is warranted). Procedural farce imo

The news of Clarkos return would have been in the player WhatsApp group within 5 minutes of the first phone call so the text thing is a non-issue. I would imagine that Sonja would have called Jy and the other indigenous players as well as the leadership group with other players receiving a text message.

I'm looking forward to hearing Clarko, Fagan and Burt's side of the story. Not sure about Burt's employer but Sonja and Brisbane must be more than comfortable with the explanation given to them for them to back the coaches in and get them back to work on time.

I'm looking forward to hearing Clarko, Fagan and Burt's side of the story. Not sure about Burt's employer but Sonja and Brisbane must be more than comfortable with the explanation given to them for them to back the coaches in and get them back to work on time.
I think Burt's employer would be more hesitant erven if they believed him, he is working at a school after all. We often refer to draftees as kids, but they're adults and it does make a difference.

I’m not sure what young person would care about finding out via text. It’s 2022 FFS.
I think the criticism was because the club should have used Telegram or WhatsApp.

Yeh, I think finding out by Snap Chat or tiltok is the offensive way these days. Text is all sweet

I think Snapchat is dead and TikTok is something to do with Twerking.

Let's get a big crowd out to Arden Street on Wednesday to support him!
I can't be there as I live in NSW but I hope everyone that is able to does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back