Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I was confused about with the Terms of Reference is that it appeared people could contact the Investigators with evidence supporting the alleged victims' statements, but not the accused. Maybe I misread or missed something, or perhaps the respondents are fully responsible for collecting that kind of information as part of their response?
Paragraph 11 refers to persons or entities whom it considers may have a sufficient connection with or involvement in the subject matter of the Investigation, or who may be able to provide information or documents 5 relevant to the subject matter of the Investigation (Participants). That would clearly include Clarko, Fagan etc.

As for the players, the investigation may be able to use the Binmada report as the victim's statements (if the players decline to participate).

Paragraph 11 refers to persons or entities whom it considers may have a sufficient connection with or involvement in the subject matter of the Investigation, or who may be able to provide information or documents 5 relevant to the subject matter of the Investigation (Participants). That would clearly include Clarko, Fagan etc.

As for the players, the investigation may be able to use the Binmada report as the victim's statements (if the players decline to participate).

What makes you think that the investigation may be able to use the Binmada report? As it stands it’s nothing more than unsubstantiated allegations.

Been telling you for 3 weeks it was Nov 1/2. Bring it on - I’m heading down on Wednesday. Don’t care if there are no players or training - I’ll just give Clarko a back slap if that’s the support he needs.

Attachments

• EFB37152-E5A2-4544-9648-A80CF99936AD.jpeg
    EFB37152-E5A2-4544-9648-A80CF99936AD.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 60
Been telling you for 3 weeks it was Nov 1/2. Bring it on - I’m heading down on Wednesday. Don’t care if there are no players or training - I’ll just give Clarko a back slap if that’s the support he needs.

Hang on old mate. This is you earlier today!

Not sure - think he’s back later this week. Haven’t got any updates at this stage.

Keep reading:

It is currently anticipated that those Participants will include:
a) those persons whose views have been recorded in the Binmada Report and/or the ABC News article authored by Russell Jackson and published on 21 September 2022 titled ‘Hawthorn racism review to allege that former coaches separated First Nations players from families and demanded a pregnancy termination’;
b) where relevant to the issues to be determined by the Investigation Panel, the family or friends of those persons referred to in 11(a);
c) any other HFC player or intimate family member or intimate partner of a HFC player who provides evidence which persuades the Investigation Panel that they have experienced, or know of, Inappropriate Conduct;
d) HFC;
e) Binmada Pty Ltd, Phil Egan and Dr Meaghan Katrak Harris and any other relevant officers of that company; and
f) independent experts whose expertise is considered by the Investigation Panel to be relevant to the subject matter of the Investigation, including expertise in systemic racism, cultural safety of First Nations people and coaching of professional sport at the elite level.

So the complainants, their family, Hawthorn players etc that can corroborate things, People responsible for the Hawthorn report, and subject experts. Additionally "HFC" which was defined earlier. Perhaps that is where friendly witnesses can be sourced from, are they including other players as employees, if so why were they specified in 11c.

“HFC” includes, unless otherwise indicated, any current or former employee, independent contractor, director or other officer of the Hawthorn Football Club.)

What makes you think that the investigation may be able to use the Binmada report? As it stands it’s nothing more than unsubstantiated allegations.
If the players don't participate and the panel can't use the Binmada report there may be no allegations for the coaches to answer (assuming no one else comes forward). And whether the allegations can be substantiated is the very question the panel is convened to answer. But I'm not sure they can, that's why I said may

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep reading:

So the complainants, their family, Hawthorn players etc that can corroborate things, People responsible for the Hawthorn report, and subject experts. Additionally "HFC" which was defined earlier. Perhaps that is where friendly witnesses can be sourced from, are they including other players as employees, if so why were they specified in 11c.
Yes, I'm not sure why it specifies Hawthorn players in 11c unless the HFC definition you've copied excludes players (notice it doesn't specifically include players).

Dear god, they're having a whinge about texting our players now.

Just * off Browne-nose.
Standard MSM sports reporting these days, they can’t just report the fact that he’s starting on Nov 2 they have to undermine the story in some way to create ‘controversy’ so people will react. Seriously how f*ck would Tom Brown know if ‘some eyebrows were raised’ nobody is telling him shit.

Standard MSM sports reporting these days, they can’t just report the fact that he’s starting on Nov 2 they have to undermine the story in some way to create ‘controversy’ so people will react. Seriously how f*ck would Tom Brown know if ‘some eyebrows were raised’ nobody is telling him s**t.
Exactly my thought.

"Good news doesn't sell"

So make it a shit sandwich to get the clicks.

The Board of the Brisbane Lions have agreed that Chris Fagan will resume head coaching duties from Wednesday, October 26, 2022.

This follows the release by the AFL of the Terms of Reference for the independent investigation of allegations of inappropriate conduct at the Hawthorn Football Club.

The Board will provide Chris with any future leave required to allow him to participate in the investigation.

Media desperate to ilk out any form of negativity they can.
I'm sure that players have been kept very well informed along the whole journey over the last 6 weeks or so.

Putting that aside, finally.... again a great day for the club and the excitement from President to boot studder and across the entire playing list must be palpable. If I wasn't interstate for work I'd also be finding a way to get myself down to the club and welcome Alistair with open arms.

A new era begins.

Just let him coach.

Treat him like anrespected human being. He deserves it.

I am convinced this whole thing is absolutely *en bullsh*t otherwise raised at the time.

It's a disgrace how this has been handled.

austin powers GIF

He's back baby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back