Alberton Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KWR almost beat korumburra too? whats that saying? Practice matches mean stuff all.

Bumkin league hey, have fun going to yarram, toora and devon to play footy. Cant get much more bumkin than that.

bloody oath he is a spud. and a thief

This is all very interesting about young Lyndon Addison, we have him training at Inverloch over the preseason and organised him to stay at a bloke house and the following senarios have happened:

1. Did not pay any rent to him
2. Believed he has stole money out of the room mates car
3. Claims he has a special addition SS commodore that he will get 50K for that he won, but was never seen
4. A players wallet was found in the car park with the money taken out of it
5. Lyndon left the club after this had happened
6. Now has signed with Tarwin and claims he is getting big dollars but is playing reserves

I am starting to think there is a serious problem with him mentially and he has issues.

This all has happened in a space of a summer

you guys got any stories to tell

Can anyone give us a mid season update. Who is looking good for the flags across the various divisions? Any surprises, disappointments etc? Any updates on Wonthaggi's future?

Can anyone give us a mid season update. Who is looking good for the flags across the various divisions? Any surprises, disappointments etc? Any updates on Wonthaggi's future?

After results of Rnd 10 you would have to say most even comp for many years.
Stony Creek big surprises, Wonthaggi & Korumburra will finish top 3 the other 3 finals spots up for grabs.
You would expect Inverloch to make finals but were beaten badly on w/e by 13th placed side, wouldnt wont to slip up again
This leaves 2 spots for at least 6 teams. This weeks match between big improvers KBass & Tarwin may decide one spot 8 point game as they say.
Would think Yarram may sneak in to the other finals spot with their usual kind draw.
Stony Creek have been the big surprises but perhaps have benefited from having few injuries but deserve top spot.
Wonthaggi would need to improve to be competitive in Casey next year but would only need 1 or 2 good recruits which they could easily afford. May yet win their 4th flag in 5 yrs
Korumburra would need top 2 finish has have struggled in recent finals series have a good mix of experience & youth.
Would say that both Dalyston & PI have been slightly disappointing but both could still make finals would think PI have the better chance.
KBass once again may miss out by a game or so early losses this year will come back to haunt them cant afford injuries have no depth.
Foster/Toora next year whilst MDU have improved and will have a say in shaping finals maybe next year
Yarram will sneak in to finals and are proven in big games.
Adkins, Hutchinson & O'Bryan have been the stars of the comp so far but then again so they should be

My summary on the comp after 10 rounds are as follows

Wonthaggi - Just starting show the form that we know of them and will be hard to beat from here. Tipping them to take out the flag and go through the rest of the season undefeated
Korrumburra - The form team of the comp at present and have good depth in there footy club too. There problem is falling away in finals but tipping them to play Wonnie in the big one
Stoney Creek - Playing some good footy but slipping away the last 3 rounds from there great start. Will be tough to beat but looking at a preliminary final this year
Inverloch - Besides last week with half the side suffering from flu will re group and get there act together. Just one or two stars from being a top side but they have great depth but will just fall short
Tarwin - Been down on there game lately and was orginally my tip to playing in a Grannie against Wonnie but maybe the no depth factor is catching up to them. But they still will play finals as they have some really good players in there team
Yarram - Will just sneak into the finals but will not go far, just making up the numbers but may still miss out
Phillip Island - Have had some very good wins this year but also lost some games against lower sides. Will make a big surge to the finals but will just fall short.
Dalyston - Starting to string some good games together and will be dangerous but will not quite make it this year
Killy Bass - Have really improved this year and hopefully will keep building for the future. A side you dont want to play at there ground at this stage but will make a surge as they are now but not quite there yet
MDU - Have improved alot since last year and will keep on building, they need to stop focusing on just winning Reserves games
Foster - When they get there Melbourne players in they are dangerous and nearlly would be a top 6 side if they played every week. But they leave it to many others to do the hard work.
Fish Creek - Another two Barry Stanfeilds would be nice but good win against Invy on the weekend but not consistant enough
Toora - Can play ok footy at home but not going anywere this year
DWWW - Antoher year on the bottom but the results are alot better than last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stop making up excuses bout inverlochs loss to fish creek and give the creekers some credit, every team has players out it is just a fact of life. your comments about mdu seem to be pretty ill informed if u think they have been stacking there 2's, because they put there best available team on the park in the ones each week as everyone does so that is ridiculous. i think wonny will win easy, the only 2 challengers r burra and stony, inverloch wont win a final and tarwin r maybe the 4th best side but after the top 3 it drops off a fair bit.

stop making up excuses bout inverlochs loss to fish creek and give the creekers some credit, every team has players out it is just a fact of life. your comments about mdu seem to be pretty ill informed if u think they have been stacking there 2's, because they put there best available team on the park in the ones each week as everyone does so that is ridiculous. i think wonny will win easy, the only 2 challengers r burra and stony, inverloch wont win a final and tarwin r maybe the 4th best side but after the top 3 it drops off a fair bit.

I am not making excuses just stating the fact that there was only 10-15 guys at training all that week when there is usually 30-35. Thats all I was saying, and yes I do agree Fish Creek deserve credit they played really well so WELL DONE FISH CREEK on the win. As I said on the last quote that I was adding a bit of humour, gees carnt a bloke have a joke on here. The rest I agree and yes if Invy keep playing like they are they will struggle to win a final.

well it now seems as though it might be how far wonthaggi yet again, burra look most likely of playing off , im basically writing the rest off. looks like stony will play phillip island in the 1st week and tarwin and yarram and on current form i think phillip island would probably win and the other two teams appear to be in good form which would make for a great game. what has happened at inverloch, or r they just not very good. foster probably r better than there ladder position, will be kicking themselves for losing early games to inverloch and mdu. any thoughts mercs

well it now seems as though it might be how far wonthaggi yet again, burra look most likely of playing off , im basically writing the rest off. looks like stony will play phillip island in the 1st week and tarwin and yarram and on current form i think phillip island would probably win and the other two teams appear to be in good form which would make for a great game. what has happened at inverloch, or r they just not very good. foster probably r better than there ladder position, will be kicking themselves for losing early games to inverloch and mdu. any thoughts mercs

Where are the finals being played ?

Well I would think that you are correct about the seniors, wonthaggi are looking far too strong the only thing will stop them is the distrations. But my predictions with finals will go like this:

Week 1

Tarwin to defeat Yarram (at Stoney Creek)
Phillip Island to defeat Stoney Creek (at Dalyston)

Week 2

Wonthaggi to defeat Burra (at Tarwin)
Tarwin to defeat Phillip Island (at Inverloch)

Week 3

Tarwin to defeat Burra (at Fish Creek)

Grand Final

Wonthaggi to defeat Tarwin (at Foster)

Where are the finals being played ?

Sorry on Inverloch well at the moment some beleive our reserves would bet the seniors, because reserves are playing outstanding footy and the seniors have come to a stan still. To be honest some key players got injured at the wrong time and the injures have been season ending injuries. but in saying that and I dont want to be making excuses certain players have not steped up which has not helped

Sorry on Inverloch well at the moment some beleive our reserves would bet the seniors, because reserves are playing outstanding footy and the seniors have come to a stan still. To be honest some key players got injured at the wrong time and the injures have been season ending injuries. but in saying that and I dont want to be making excuses certain players have not steped up which has not helped
yeah once u lose a bit of momentum its hard to get back, especially in this comp where there really r not too many easy games. im not sure that tarwin can make the grand final, i think yarram will probably get over them and im pretty sure burra will make it, its such an advantage to finish in the top 2, and the wheels seem to have completely fallen off at stony. but will be some very interesting games in the finals.

yeah once u lose a bit of momentum its hard to get back, especially in this comp where there really r not too many easy games. im not sure that tarwin can make the grand final, i think yarram will probably get over them and im pretty sure burra will make it, its such an advantage to finish in the top 2, and the wheels seem to have completely fallen off at stony. but will be some very interesting games in the finals.

Just think if Tarwin beat Yarram they can go all the way to play wonnie in the granny, they are very good side once they get going and they are attacking also. Yarram do seem to rise in the finals but I am tipping who ever wins that final will play wonnie. Burra are burning out, you can see by there winning margins and when our senior played them i did not think they were very impressive at all

burra on the slide! gee thats bad luck. might be their ego from a few of their "head honcho's" pulling them down. I bet if you ask one or two of their selectors, its all going to plan. just like last year, STRAIGHT SETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back