Alberton Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im not 100% sure the club the player comes from only gets money when they are elevated off the rookey list to the AFL club list.
Or the club gets a part payment for rookey listing and the rest when elevated maybe someone can confirm this.

Donovan Epa is rumoured to be heading to MDU. Multiple premiership ruckman at Seaford.

he is confirmed along with another mate from down that way.

apparently mdu have recruited well with the likes of
caine salmon returning to the club
nick johnson originally from wonthaggi but been playing with chelsea
Rob Smith shep swans player
and a number of local leongatha players.

also no noted departures.
could be a big improver in 2010 going by al reports

Pretty sure Tarwin are speaking with Jamie Cann, ex VFL player and Melbourne rookie regarding coaching them. He played in the Ellinbank League the past few years kicking 5 goals in premiership this year with Nilma Darnum. Playing coach.

Thank you plugeroo, I did say this was on the cards. This makes it a massive walkout at nilma, and I reckon cann will take a few with him to. At the last count there has been 15 plus from the premiership team walk. I hope your pres with the big mouth and big wallet doesnt walk to.

but patto is still involved and according to all reports the recruiting this season is going well. but obvioulsy its going to be impossible to replace the players who have left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonthaggi Power are showing their true colors trying to poach under 15's and under 18's players from local Alberton Clubs.
It would be interesting to know how they got hold of jnr players details.
Could it be from the school where a Power supporter teach's?
They will stoop to any means for success.
The club's committee should hang its head in shame for supporting such measures with a town of over 8000 the should be able to have enough players without poaching from smaller towns.:mad:

P.S. To the spelling police please check and report back

Heard a whisper at the Yarram local that the Lynch twings-Nathan and Brent are returning to their home club. Refused to sign for under $250. I havent seen these blokes play from the juniors, can anyone give me any info on where they have been/are they worth this?

Wonthaggi Power are showing their true colors trying to poach under 15's and under 18's players from local Alberton Clubs.
It would be interesting to know how they got hold of jnr players details.
Could it be from the school where a Power supporter teach's?
They will stoop to any means for success.
The club's committee should hang its head in shame for supporting such measures with a town of over 8000 the should be able to have enough players without poaching from smaller towns.:mad:

P.S. To the spelling police please check and report back
Are you Australian? If so, you should probably spell "colour" like that.

Also, "teaches" , "player's" & "they". You should also have a comma after "8000".

You're welcome.

PS: No need to abbreviate "junior" either.

Heard a whisper at the Yarram local that the Lynch twings-Nathan and Brent are returning to their home club. Refused to sign for under $250. I havent seen these blokes play from the juniors, can anyone give me any info on where they have been/are they worth this?

Dont know these two blokes but thought this was a good opportunity to ask the question.

Do blokes that return to their home club demanding good money (not talking about accepting a tank of fuel from the local servo) are they coming for the right reasons? Obviously not doing it for the club, giving their bit back. Is it just easy pickings - The club knows them and they dont need to prove themselves.

Could be a little bit old fashioned perhaps but what about club loyalty - the great feeling about going home and playing with your mates.

What do others think?

Dont know these two blokes but thought this was a good opportunity to ask the question.

Do blokes that return to their home club demanding good money (not talking about accepting a tank of fuel from the local servo) are they coming for the right reasons? Obviously not doing it for the club, giving their bit back. Is it just easy pickings - The club knows them and they dont need to prove themselves.

Could be a little bit old fashioned perhaps but what about club loyalty - the great feeling about going home and playing with your mates.

What do others think?

I would think you're talking about guys coming from some distance away? If so, it's not just the cost of petrol that's involved. If they're coming from Melbourne, it's a 4 hour journey return trip, which is a lot to take out of a weekend.

The home club would be competing against a club closer to their home where they don't have to make a 4 hour trip and can more easily attend functions etc.

You'd think that they'd come in a fair bit under market price. Perhaps wipe 50% off what they'd get at another Alberton club.

I would think you're talking about guys coming from some distance away? If so, it's not just the cost of petrol that's involved. If they're coming from Melbourne, it's a 4 hour journey return trip, which is a lot to take out of a weekend.

The home club would be competing against a club closer to their home where they don't have to make a 4 hour trip and can more easily attend functions etc.

You'd think that they'd come in a fair bit under market price. Perhaps wipe 50% off what they'd get at another Alberton club.

Understand that guys can make a lenghty trip to go home to play, have done it myself for a number of years. It is not normally a good chunk of your weekend, but rather all of it.

It comes back then to motivation. Is the motive to have a good excuse to go home for the weekend, catch up with and play with your home town mates. If that is the case then you would want to spend the weekend there.

If you dont want to spend the weekend going home then why are your going? The CASH?

I'm sure they've got mates in the city who they'd like to spend some time with. Playing back home essentially cuts that out altogether and it's a big commitment. Been in the same boat and you know you're going to be close to sick of the travel by the end of the year.

The off months are usually a good indication. If they're there every weekend or not, it's probably a good indicator as to how often they actually like coming home.

A winter weekend in Yarram is a whole lot different to a winter weekend in Melbourne.

The motivation would be tossing up between the desire to come home and play with mates, vs the time taken up. THe cash is just the thing that tips the scales in favour of coming home, not the main motivation.

I'm sure they've got mates in the city who they'd like to spend some time with. Playing back home essentially cuts that out altogether and it's a big commitment. Been in the same boat and you know you're going to be close to sick of the travel by the end of the year.

The off months are usually a good indication. If they're there every weekend or not, it's probably a good indicator as to how often they actually like coming home.

A winter weekend in Yarram is a whole lot different to a winter weekend in Melbourne.

The motivation would be tossing up between the desire to come home and play with mates, vs the time taken up. THe cash is just the thing that tips the scales in favour of coming home, not the main motivation.

I understand not a black and white question, perhaps i have spent too much time sitting amoungst the old boys.

Ask not what the club can do for you but, what you can do for the club.

On a lighter note, as far as the comparrison of travel in the off season, think that may be unfair.

You have said that a winter weekend in Yarram is a whole lot different to a winter weekend in Melbourne. Times that by about 100 in spring and summer and add a serious case of wip lash. No offence intended to the young ladies walking up and down the main street of Yarram, but walking around Melbourne, or going for a run around the TAN, whole different ball game. :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back