Alberton Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute gun. Only a young fella too so has his best ahead of him. Massive get for MDU and would be paying him a squillion.

Donny epa is an absolute gun one of the premiers players in the alberton league.... mdu isnt throwin any money around... we just share the love ey;)

It's obvious that Nobrot is an MDU supporter, all talk and nothing else.

It's a shame that MDU have gone out and spent so much money on all these new players, yet their senior side is still as woeful as ever. It's both sad and pathetic.

foster probably early favourite with the way they have been disposing of some lesser opponents ( a.k.a mdu ) but they gotta get a real big scalp like last years premiers stony or against consistent finalists tarwin who are shapng up well under new superstar coach Jamie Cann.

MDU are still rebuilding it may take a couple of yrs for all of these boys to gel as a team, a lot of talent but will take time to learn the state of the league and to play as a team, unfortunate turnout against foster on the weekend but should be able to build on it through out the season

may take a few years to gel but will only take one year for the money to run dry.

may take a few years to gel but will only take one year for the money to run dry.
always find it interesting when people who obviously have nothing to do with a club seem to know what that club is spending. i have nothing to do with any alberton club but watch quite a few games and id be pretty confident there would be quite a few spending more than mdu. foster would have probably been the biggest spenders for the past few yrs and now r flying, stony fishy bass and burra would all be up there too without doubt. and i dont think there is anything wrong with that, if they want to spend big money and can afford to then good on them, everyone does at some point or another and there is no cap so why not. if people think there clubs dont pay they a kidding themselves.

always find it interesting when people who obviously have nothing to do with a club seem to know what that club is spending. i have nothing to do with any alberton club but watch quite a few games and id be pretty confident there would be quite a few spending more than mdu. foster would have probably been the biggest spenders for the past few yrs and now r flying, stony fishy bass and burra would all be up there too without doubt. and i dont think there is anything wrong with that, if they want to spend big money and can afford to then good on them, everyone does at some point or another and there is no cap so why not. if people think there clubs dont pay they a kidding themselves.

Don't have a problem with clubs spending money, just think it's funny M.D.U talked themselves up in the recruiting and they're still as shit as ever...and a few pointers mate, doubt burra and fishy have spent big this year. Do some research..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although MDU aren't winning games it can be said that they have improved from recent years. They are no longer receiving massive defeats (other than Foster) and are playing better footy with the new players that they now have.
In order to further improve I think it's time that they got rid of some of the dead wood from the senior side and bring in some fresh blood, spending up if necessary. Lafferty, I think, should be one of the first ones to go. Until they sought out this issue of players dragging the rest of the side down they will not be playing finals and if spending up is the way to make this happen, then so be it.

thats bullshit lafferty is one of only a few senior players with the experience and dedication to the red and blue tht will win mdu a finals berth.. his experience is priceless... true tho mdu should spend up big and create a truly dominating side

Don't have a problem with clubs spending money, just think it's funny M.D.U talked themselves up in the recruiting and they're still as shit as ever...and a few pointers mate, doubt burra and fishy have spent big this year. Do some research..
thats funny that u would think fish creek r not spending that much, lets get serious here mate.

thats bullshit lafferty is one of only a few senior players with the experience and dedication to the red and blue tht will win mdu a finals berth.. his experience is priceless... true tho mdu should spend up big and create a truly dominating side
So you're saying M.D.U. has few players that are capable of getting them into the finals? I've never read more truth in my life. Few if any good players in my mind.
M.D.U. are a long way from the side they need to be to make finals.

Just thought I would give my thoughts on were i think teams are at and were they will end up at the end of the year

Foster - Have really thumped some sides and are looking really good this year. Big win against Phillip Island by around 50 pts so will be hard to stop and are the front runners so far going by form for the flag
Stony Creek - Getting over the line every week and still have not been defeated so they have done nothing wrong so far. Looking forward to when they play Foster to see were they are at but Grand Finalist
Phillip Island - Starting to hit some form with a big thrashing over Inverloch on the weekend. They have lost two games against the top two sides. I think will only improve and with a young side they are very fit and are going to be really tough to beat at there home ground
Tarwin - Very good side with the one lost over Stony Creek but I think will really challenge for the flag this year. They are a consistant side but just seem to fall short in finals but I am tipping for that to turn around this year
Korrumburra/Bena - Will be on the fringe of making the finals this year but will not threaten to much. They are focusing on there Reserves winning the flag this year but will finish around 7th or 8th
Yarram - Have really improved the last few weeks but will be around the 5th to 6th position this year making up the numbers in the finals. Not much chop and will not threaten for the flag
Inverloch - Need to get some consistancy in there game but on the right week they are good but then they can be really bad. I will think they will just make the finals before the Burra
Fish Creek - Will win a few games and threaten to make finals but just not quite up to it this year. Will beat the bottom sides but not threaten the finals sides except for maybe Tarwin who they step up too.
Killy Bass - Will improve more than last year and you can see from the results they are improving but still not at finals stage
MDU - Pretty much the same as Killy need to show some results on the scoreboard to make me change my mind
Dalyston - Long year ahead of them but will be around the 9th to 10th area
Toora - Very poor side that will only beat DWWW in for a long year with plenty of beltings
DWWW - Will they make it through the year? thats all i got to say terrible side

Foster and Tarwin will be the major players this year in the finals series. There is talk out of the Stony Creek camp that they are starting to develop injuries.

duck dog their entire club is ina bit of strife... a place the size of yarram trying to sustain 3 footy clubs is ridiculous

Just thought I would give my thoughts on were i think teams are at and were they will end up at the end of the year

Foster - Have really thumped some sides and are looking really good this year. Big win against Phillip Island by around 50 pts so will be hard to stop and are the front runners so far going by form for the flag
Stony Creek - Getting over the line every week and still have not been defeated so they have done nothing wrong so far. Looking forward to when they play Foster to see were they are at but Grand Finalist
Phillip Island - Starting to hit some form with a big thrashing over Inverloch on the weekend. They have lost two games against the top two sides. I think will only improve and with a young side they are very fit and are going to be really tough to beat at there home ground
Tarwin - Very good side with the one lost over Stony Creek but I think will really challenge for the flag this year. They are a consistant side but just seem to fall short in finals but I am tipping for that to turn around this year
Korrumburra/Bena - Will be on the fringe of making the finals this year but will not threaten to much. They are focusing on there Reserves winning the flag this year but will finish around 7th or 8th
Yarram - Have really improved the last few weeks but will be around the 5th to 6th position this year making up the numbers in the finals. Not much chop and will not threaten for the flag
Inverloch - Need to get some consistancy in there game but on the right week they are good but then they can be really bad. I will think they will just make the finals before the Burra
Fish Creek - Will win a few games and threaten to make finals but just not quite up to it this year. Will beat the bottom sides but not threaten the finals sides except for maybe Tarwin who they step up too.
Killy Bass - Will improve more than last year and you can see from the results they are improving but still not at finals stage
MDU - Pretty much the same as Killy need to show some results on the scoreboard to make me change my mind
Dalyston - Long year ahead of them but will be around the 9th to 10th area
Toora - Very poor side that will only beat DWWW in for a long year with plenty of beltings
DWWW - Will they make it through the year? thats all i got to say terrible side

fair review mate...
foster were good, their forward line is very strong, the island stuck with them for most of the day but they kicked about 5 goals in last 8 mins.
Stony dont look to be as good as last year but have had a few out apparently so should be up there again, and tarwin have been getting some good results

I could go on acting innocent Nobby just to draw out a few comments but i will declare i have some connection with said club..It may be ridiculous but if you dig deeper they may not be in as bad a shape as some would have you believe. The other "3" are all facing probs and socially and financially they'd be as sound as any club. Asssassination attempts are always on the cards by those who view it easier to see them out of the way. Was at game two years ago when heavily involved MDU reserves member roared allies should chuck it in. That bit him a little hard last year when both senior grades went down.. Hard to define success and harmony going by the post on Stony???

that review is the only sensible thing on this site i have read.. despite a few of the things The Cann Man has said maybe...Its definitely down to three clubs. Foster, Stony and tarwin.

except for that nonsense about fishy going to beat tarwin...They are a changed side my friend with alot of BIG inclusions this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back