Preview All Australian Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought i would start a thread about Discussing the All Australian final 22.
We can discuss about which one of our 6 nominations get selected and other players from other clubs
AllAustralianLogo.gif

110916_aa_2.jpg

All-Australian presentation is on Foxtel @ 9.30pm​

IN a perfect all would get selected. Cloke, swan, pendles and Davis i think are the four though. Reid unlucky and Thomas, well he missed so many games and kind of flatlined towards the end of the season. I was surprised to see him make the squad.

Honestly I think all 6 should get in. They've all had excellent seasons and are all worthy. The only reason I can think one or two might miss out is because the panel doesn't want to have too many Collingwood players in the side, thought really it shouldn't matter because Geelong got 7 of theirs in in 2008.

I think we have 5 locks (Reid, Davis, Swan, Pendles, Cloke) and Thomas is a strong chance as well (probably on the bench).

If any of the 5 named miss out it will be the greatest injustice since Jimmy Clement missed out to Nathan Bassett...

IMO we have;

4 certainties;

Swan
Pendles
Cloke
Davis

1 almost certainty;

Reid

1 possibility;

Thomas

Knowing the AFL, and the way the All Australian usually favours the top 4 sides, we will get at least 4 in, and there's a chance all 6 may be in there also.

By the way, the presentation is on Foxtel @ 9.30pm, but we will all know the final team by then, as the actual ceremony is supposed to start at 6.30pm.

By the way, the presentation is on Foxtel @ 9.30pm, but we will all know the final team by then, as the actual ceremony is supposed to start at 6.30pm.

I'll put that in the OP

Interesting to not the Hawks only have 4 nominated, and 2 of those are next to no chance of being selected (Birchall and Gibson).

I really don't know how Gibson was even selected, he has been slaughtered in the games against the top teams, especially when Podsiadly kicked 4 on him in one quarter early in the year.

Buddy, Mitchell and Birchall all have rights to be nominated, but not Gibson.:thumbsdown:

On 6PR they said that Glass and Cox have been selected, so not Priddis, Embley.
No one from Freo (McPharlin or Fyfe)

So can assume Glass at FB, Cox Ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN a perfect all would get selected. Cloke, swan, pendles and Davis i think are the four though. Reid unlucky and Thomas, well he missed so many games and kind of flatlined towards the end of the season. I was surprised to see him make the squad.

He missed 3. Leon missed 4.

Thomas was our clear-cut 2nd-best player for more than half the season, and should walk into the side. He also happens to be the best winger in the AFL by a fair way.

Reid and Davis should make it, but the backline is very tough to pick this year so you never know.

Darren Glass at fullback would be a joke selection, surely? Anything Glass has done this year McPharlin has done so much better. Same with Scarlett, although I wouldn't be against him being picked in a pocket given his attacking qualities are infinitely better than Glass.

I think all 6 will make it.

Some saying Reid may miss out, can't agree with that at all, he has been great all year. He was probably 50-50 a couple of months ago (had the form but not the rep) but he finished strongly and now is in almost all the teams being published.

Darren Glass at fullback would be a joke selection, surely? Anything Glass has done this year McPharlin has done so much better. Same with Scarlett, although I wouldn't be against him being picked in a pocket given his attacking qualities are infinitely better than Glass.
Not as much of a joke as one might expect, Glass has been brilliant all year, yes, he doesn't have the attacking side to his game that a Scarlett (been poor defensively this year) or a McPharlin (my no.1. choice) have had, but I'd say he'd have the better goal against average of the three.

Plus he has lead the Eagles from the bottom of the ladder to the prelim, not bad for a full back captain.

He has the better goal average because he doesn't play on the best forward every week. He plays a similar role to Scarlett and he's nowhere near as good in attack. McPharlin takes the best forward basically every week.

Most certain to least certain...

Leon Davis is a lock for a BP position.

Travis Cloke is a lock for CHF.

Ben Reid is a lock for CHB.

Scott Pendlebury is a lock for a RR position.

I would be disappointed if...

Daisy Thomas didnt at least make the bench.

Lastly...

Dane Swan is a 50/50, and no certainty, but you wouldnt begrudge him a spot.

If Reid misses ... I'll be really really pissed off.

The rest I'm sure Cloke and Pendles will get in. The others in the air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview All Australian Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back