All Australian team after 3 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

To take a good quote here : "Sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while... Anybody can win the lotery... Know what i'm sayin"

No, not really.

He's finished in the top 6 of his B & F four years running and is probably the first Essendon player tagged each week.

I dare say the coaches have got more idea than you and your mates....

Too early but:

Bolton Lake Gilbee
Goddard Scarlett Waite
Dal Santo Judd Griffen
Chapman Brown Roughead
Motlop Franklin Lecras

Ablett Selwood Gardiner

McIntosh Bradshaw Murphy Johnson

there have been at least 4 ruckman comfortably better than Sandilands this year

terrible effort by the OP

FB: Josh Drummond (Bris); Brian Lake (WB); Sam Gilbert (StK)
HB: Sam Fisher (StK); Craig Bolton (Syd); Lindsay Gilbee (WB)
C: Leigh Montagna (StK); Chris Judd (Carl); Ryan Griffen (WB)
HF: Aaron Davey (Melb); Jarryd Roughead (Haw); Paul Chapman (Geel)
FF: Steve Johnson (Geel); Daniel Bradshaw (Bris); Mark LeCras (WC)
R: Darren Jolly (Syd); Gary Ablett (Geel); Nick Dal Santo (StK)
INT: Josh Fraser (Coll); Luke Power (Bris); Brendan Goddard (StK); Justin Koschitzke (StK)

Davey and Gilbert are having very underated seasons so far.
Midfield is hard to pick. Judd, Ablett, Dal Santo and Montagna are clearly the best 4 atm. Richo, Watson, Power, Gibbs, Goddard, Griffen all just behind.
Seems wierd having 6 Saints, but I think they all deserve it so far.
Cox and Scarlett are playing well but they haven't hit last years form yet.

B: Carlile, C. Bolton, S. Fisher
HB: Goddard, D. Fletcher, Gilbee
C: Griffen, Watson, J. Selwood
HF: Chapman, J. Brown, Lovett
F: M. LeCras, Lloyd, D. Motlop
R: Jolly, Judd (c), G. Ablett
Int: Cox, L. Power, Kerr, S. Thompson

Amazed at the lack of blokes like Joel Selwood and Jobe Watson being selected. Both have been sensational without necessarily grabbing the headlines like others do.

Amazed at the lack of blokes like Joel Selwood and Jobe Watson being selected. Both have been sensational without necessarily grabbing the headlines like others do.

Amazed at how I can take you seriously. How can Steve Johnson fail to make any team. Dal Santo, Montagna?

If the following players play at least 20 games, they will be in:

ablett
bartel
s. johnson
selwood
scarlett
franklin
hodge
roughead
mitchell
judd
gibbs
fevola
goddard
s. fisher

the rest of the team will be made up of fill ins from everywhere else. After about the year 2002 or so, the all australian team has been a waste of time!!
selectors pick their favorites and get them in there somehow.
I have said it for years, now......send a ballot to every club and afl member, and give them 5 players to pick from in each position.
you cant pick from your own club (they will know cause of your membership details).
most votes for each position gets that spot!!

Amazed at how I can take you seriously. How can Steve Johnson fail to make any team. Dal Santo, Montagna?

Saw them both live in Round 1 against Sydney and neither looked that impressive. Easy to get kicks off ing the ball in and under like Selwood and Watson do consistently. Steve Johnson is an interesting one - Chapman has been better than him for the Cats and Lovett's season at Essendon so far has seen him mentioned in the best each week so far.

As for Lloyd, there's been no genuine FF stand-out so far - both Fevola and Franklin haven't come to the top yet and Lloyd's work-rate has to be rewarded.

As for Lloyd, there's been no genuine FF stand-out so far - both Fevola and Franklin haven't come to the top yet and Lloyd's work-rate has to be rewarded.

By that logic I should name Tredders at CHF for his six sausage rolls and couple of assists on Sunday.

Pull the other one matey.

Saw them both live in Round 1 against Sydney and neither looked that impressive. Easy to get kicks off ing the ball in and under like Selwood and Watson do consistently. Steve Johnson is an interesting one - Chapman has been better than him for the Cats and Lovett's season at Essendon so far has seen him mentioned in the best each week so far.

Right so that's why Dal Santo is 4th in the competition for hard ball gets and Montagna is in the top 20. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davey and Gilbert are having very underated seasons so far.

If I'd done an interchange I might have had Davey on it. He's had a huge amount of uncontested kicks and spent a lot of time up the ground. He has 10 rebound 50s and only 6 inside 50s. He's kicked one goal. I don't think he belongs on a HFF. He's a fitting interchange player though due to the amount of time he's spent on the bench.

Pretty tough team to make and i cant think of any real obvious mistakes other than Watson not being in there. He has been a lot better than Stanton and just about every other midfielder in there to be honest

Absolutely murdered your lot. Hes in the side cos hes by far the best kicker of the football in the league atm as far as midfielders go. Averaging 24 disposals and a goal a game. Sneaks in IMO

WTF Have I missed something :confused:
As far as I know he is one of the worst kicks in the league let alone the midfield.

Absolutely murdered your lot. Hes in the side cos hes by far the best kicker of the football in the league atm as far as midfielders go. Averaging 24 disposals and a goal a game. Sneaks in IMO

Crikey, I have NEVER heard anyone say that before of Stanton, ESPECIALLY from an opposition supporter! I've noticed his kicking has improved (and I am seriously one of his biggest detractors)... has it really improved that much?

WTF Have I missed something :confused:
As far as I know he is one of the worst kicks in the league let alone the midfield.

His long kicking is extremely good, it's his short kicking... it has improved dramatically this season but I wouldn't dream of him being amongst one of the best in the league, that would effectively make him an a-grade midfielder, a massive engine and an elite kick... hmmm... doesn't sit so well with me at this stage of his career, give him another pre-season to fix up his "finesse" and then I'll make another assessment.

All I ask is you not base his kicking NOW on what his kicking WAS - ditto Watson.

He's a younger version of Nick Stevens who turns the ball over a lot more. Definitely not AA material and never will be.

Amazed you could only find room for 4 Bombers, when in reality not 1 of those deserve to be in, and wont even go close to being there when the team is announced.
Fletcher? lmfao. Lining up on the 3rd best forward every week, and being lucky to even break even with them, doesn't qualify you I'm afraid.
And 2 goaless games and a 5 goal game wouldn't put fishface ahead of Bradshaw, Roughead, Franklin, Fevola or Kosi.
But you knew that didn't you Mr Mod.

Amazed you could only find room for 4 Bombers, when in reality not 1 of those deserve to be in, and wont even go close to being there when the team is announced.
Fletcher? lmfao. Lining up on the 3rd best forward every week, and being lucky to even break even with them, doesn't qualify you I'm afraid.
And 2 goaless games and a 5 goal game wouldn't put fishface ahead of Bradshaw, Roughead, Franklin, Fevola or Kosi.
But you knew that didn't you Mr Mod.

Okay fair enough..but, I'm not sure there is a case against Watson not being selected by too many or that, according to the scribes and the club, Lovett's first weeks have been as good as anyone's going around.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian team after 3 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back