All Australian thread 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Why's that, may I ask?

I can see N.Riewoldt CHF, T.Hawkins FF and Franklin is a deserving forward so slot him in on the HFF?

Would think all 3 would get a spot, Buddy is probably the most 'sane' choice on the HFF, not that I agree with it, it is just the way they will go.

Who would people have as the clear locks at the moment?

For me it'd be; Sandilands, B.Smith, Gray, Ablett and Fyfe.
sandi, ablett, kennedy, gray

wouldnt have fyfe or smith anywhere near locks, especially fyfe, pendlebury libba, jones, kennedy, ward, rockliff all been better than he has imo.

Where do neutrals rate Eric McKenzie ?

Apart from the hawks game where Roughy got a couple on him early and then Glass
was shifted on to him, he has been very good for us rarely gets beat.

He wouldn't have had a lot of goals kicked on him this year.

Who would people have as the clear locks at the moment?

For me it'd be; Sandilands, B.Smith, Gray, Ablett and Fyfe.

Fyfe isn't a lock if only for the fact he's missed a couple of games combined with the fact he hasn't been favoured in the past, also not on the "Brodie Smith a lock" train just yet considering how much competition he's facing. Not denigrating his year or anything and he's a good chance of making it still.

Dustin gaining momentum you'd think, last two months have been great

As what though? Small issue with Martin, he won't make it as a mid and Gray plays the HFF/mid role better.

Would like to see him make it and would be a worthy selection, another strong year for key defenders though and really very little separating the best 5-6 so far this year. When you take into consideration how bad WC's midfield is he deserves bonus points IMO.

MacKenzie leaked goals all through that match. I lost count after 5 or 6. Adam Simpson should've shifted him from Roughead to Launceston Airport for the early flight home

He is probably lucky that the game was played at 1pm local time down in Tassie and nobody was watching. Josh Gibson dominated in 2011 - he was in the coaches votes nearly every week and nearly won the Hawks B&F, but he lost his place in the All Australian team because he played his worst game for the year on a Friday night vs Geelong in front of 1 million TV viewers and conceded 4 or 5 goals in the first half.

MacKenzie should be right. I think he might've gotten away with it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

more influence on results and general better play. to be honest i dont know if fyfe would even make the 22 at this stage..

Fyfe has polled in all but 2 of the games he has played in in AFLCA voting and is sitting in the top 5 despite missing 2 games due to an unwarranted suspension. He isn't a lock (no midfielder is at this stage) but would be one of the first 3 or 4 mids selected.

Fyfe has polled in all but 2 of the games he has played in in AFLCA voting and is sitting in the top 5 despite missing 2 games due to an unwarranted suspension. He isn't a lock (no midfielder is at this stage) but would be one of the first 3 or 4 mids selected.

what are those gamed he polled in i have a brownlow count with a few experts and dont have him over 7 votes or as high as jones, ward, pendlebury, libba who are in much weaker sides (pendles excluded)

what are those gamed he polled in i have a brownlow count with a few experts and dont have him over 7 votes or as high as jones, ward, pendlebury, libba who are in much weaker sides (pendles excluded)

Wouldve polled against Collingwood, Adelaide, Richmond
Also Fremantle wouldve been flogged against Sydney and North without him

Fyfe isn't a lock if only for the fact he's missed a couple of games combined with the fact he hasn't been favoured in the past, also not on the "Brodie Smith a lock" train just yet considering how much competition he's facing. Not denigrating his year or anything and he's a good chance of making it still.

There's a bit of bias there seeing as Smith and Fyfe are my favourite non Dons players. For me watching the game though Smith has been the far most damaging HBF in the league.

He'd probably be close to polling in most games except the game against the Bulldogs where he did his ankle. The only 2 games he hasn't polled in in AFLCA voting was that game against the Dogs and the Derby where he will collected 26 possessions while being tagged by S Selwood.

He was a standout against Coll, North, Port, Adel, Rich.... that's half of his games.

MacKenzie leaked goals all through that match. I lost count after 5 or 6. Adam Simpson should've shifted him from Roughead to Launceston Airport for the early flight home

He is probably lucky that the game was played at 1pm local time down in Tassie and nobody was watching. Josh Gibson dominated in 2011 - he was in the coaches votes nearly every week and nearly won the Hawks B&F, but he lost his place in the All Australian team because he played his worst game for the year on a Friday night vs Geelong in front of 1 million TV viewers and conceded 4 or 5 goals in the first half.

MacKenzie should be right. I think he might've gotten away with it.

I thought the first couple of goals was when Mitch Brown was on Roughie ?

I thought the first couple of goals was when Mitch Brown was on Roughie ?

They were.
Mackenzie had four kicked on him.
Three against Roughie and one on Gunston.
He was really bad. But not six goals bad as Modified Dog is suggesting.
Still it is enough to bounce him from the front runner to about equal third in the pack.

He'd probably be close to polling in most games except the game against the Bulldogs where he did his ankle. The only 2 games he hasn't polled in in AFLCA voting was that game against the Dogs and the Derby where he will collected 26 possessions while being tagged by S Selwood.

He was a standout against Coll, North, Port, Adel, Rich.... that's half of his games.
Just tore Bris apart

Breust? Not saying he shouldn't be picked but given the AA selectors form I wouldn't be surprised to see GRay picked in the FP and Harvey on the HFF and forgo selecting a genuine FP.
It would make sense that the buffoons on the All-Australian selection committee would choose Stephen Milne in 2012, Chad Wingard in 2013 and then in 2014, they'd overlook the Hawthorn forward pocket who kicked more goals than those two and actually has a defensive side to his game as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian thread 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back