All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

NikNat was about 6th in line (clearly behind Goldy, Sandi, Mummy & Jacobs) at the halfway point of the season. Since then he has missed 2 games in the second half, was comprehensively beaten by Jacobs H2H and somehow, is now in line for the 1st ruck! What have i missed here?
Who is saying this?

The overwhelming consensus is that Goldy has it locked up, and rightfully so IMO.

However, Nic is rated a very good chance of earning a spot as the 2nd ruckman if one is selected. It basically comes down to he and Sandilands.

Here we go again with the champion data rankings, nobody goes to those stats as much as Eagles fans!!!

"He absolutely smashed Jacobs at subi earlier in the season". Yes he did, in round 15, which clearly is the second half of the season.

Last week Jacobs smashed him, im not sure why you guys are taking it so personal...

"Due to his slowish start in the first couple of weeks". This is my point about him being behind so many at the halfway point, your words not mine.

Exact same games you have seen champ, some live.

People were talking about Mumford being the dominant ruck of the comp and No1 for AA against Sandilands and Goldstien before his injury, Nik was clearly behind.

Well you sure have proven me wrong. :rolleyes:
You don't get to 2nd overall for the season over 3 quarters of the way through without playing very well. Nobody goes to the hitout stats as much as dockers supporters but hey, atleast champion data take into account a much larger variety of stats than are available to the public. Okay let's talk about first half of the season, had blinders against geelong, GWS, Port, Carlton & Essendon, played very well in just about every other game beside the derby in round 3, but I don't think we had anyone who played well that day.

Just because you repeat something over and over doesn't mean that it's now true mate, when Nic was in the ruck he was getting more hitouts than Jacobs he just didn't have the same influence he usually does, I don't get how having around 25% game time or more, in the ruck and 6 extra hitouts equates to comprehensively beating someone, but maybe that's just me.:drunk:

Well you've either missed more games than you've seen, you're lying, or stupid, to suggest there were 5 other ruckmen having a better season than Naitanui is just laughable.

You don't get to 2nd overall for the season over 3 quarters of the way through without playing very well. Nobody goes to the hitout stats as much as dockers supporters but hey, atleast champion data take into account a much larger variety of stats than are available to the public. Okay let's talk about first half of the season, had blinders against geelong, GWS, Port, Carlton & Essendon, played very well in just about every other game beside the derby in round 3, but I don't think we had anyone who played well that day.

Just because you repeat something over and over doesn't mean that it's now true mate, when Nic was in the ruck he was getting more hitouts than Jacobs he just didn't have the same influence he usually does, I don't get how having around 25% game time or more, in the ruck and 6 extra hitouts equates to comprehensively beating someone, but maybe that's just me.:drunk:

Well you've either missed more games than you've seen, you're lying, or stupid, to suggest there were 5 other ruckmen having a better season than Naitanui is just laughable.

Naitanui wasnt fit enough to keep up with Jacobs that's why he had less hit outs. Jacobs was also much better around the ground.

Anyone know what the hitouts to advantage was in the second Crows vs Eagles game? That's the better number to look at than just hitouts.

Who is saying this?

They are out there, there is a poll between the 2. You'd be a very naive person to think there isnt.

You don't get to 2nd overall for the season over 3 quarters of the way through without playing very well. Nobody goes to the hitout stats as much as dockers supporters but hey, atleast champion data take into account a much larger variety of stats than are available to the public. Okay let's talk about first half of the season, had blinders against geelong, GWS, Port, Carlton & Essendon, played very well in just about every other game beside the derby in round 3, but I don't think we ha
d anyone who played well that day.

Stats like what, hitouts to advantage? What else?

The GWS game when he kicked 2 goals from 8 possessions 2 tackles 1 mark and 19 hitouts, the game he didnt get coaches votes from or named in the teams best, the game whe the Eagles one by 87 points, is that the game he had a blinder in? If you think he had a blinder in that game then im giving up on you.

Just because you repeat something over and over doesn't mean that it's now true mate, when Nic was in the ruck he was getting more hitouts than Jacobs he just didn't have the same influence he usually does, I don't get how having around 25% game time or more, in the ruck and 6 extra hitouts equates to comprehensively beating someone, but maybe that's just me:drunk:

It seems to work for you!!!

One key ingredient to this paragraph that i made no mention of, and you call me the stupid one :rolleyes:

Last edited:

They are out there, there is a poll between the 2. You'd be a very naive person to think there isnt.

Stats like what, hitouts to advantage? What else?

The GWS game when he kicked 2 goals from 8 possessions 2 tackles 1 mark and 19 hitouts, the game he didnt get coaches votes from or named in the teams best, the game whe the Eagles one by 87 points, is that the game he had a blinder in? If you think he had a blinder in that game then im giving up on you.

It seems to work for you!!!

One key ingredient to this paragraph that i made no mention of, and you call me the stupid one :rolleyes:
I didn't call you anything. Try attributing quotes to the right person.

Missed alot it seems.
Was in the afl players ratings rolling team at rnd 8

To me that just further proves how little value the AFL player ratings have. If you can find a team made before round 9 in this thread that has either Naitanui, Tom Bell, or Adam Saad I'd be very surprised. I've had a quick look and there were a number of ruckman discussed including Martin, Mumford, Goldstein, Blicavs, Jacobs and Sandilands, but no mention of Naitanui. Over those 8 rounds he only average 10.9 touches, 0.75 goals, 0.75 marks, 31 hitouts and 86 champion data points, so I'd be curious to see what stats they used to make their decision.

To me that just further proves how little value the AFL player ratings have. If you can find a team made before round 9 in this thread that has either Naitanui, Tom Bell, or Adam Saad I'd be very surprised. I've had a quick look and there were a number of ruckman discussed including Martin, Mumford, Goldstein, Blicavs, Jacobs and Sandilands, but no mention of Naitanui. Over those 8 rounds he only average 10.9 touches, 0.75 goals, 0.75 marks, 31 hitouts and 86 champion data points, so I'd be curious to see what stats they used to make their decision.

have a look at http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/ratings-explained

Naitanui is not really in line for the first ruck spot, so not sure what The Joker is on about there. Everything else aside though, he is in line for a second ruck spot (if they pick one) because he's been the second best ruckman this year.

Personally can't say I'd have him as my second best ruckman this year. After Goldstein, there's a few that are all very hard to split imo. But when picking an AA side with two ruckman he certainly gets the nod as he kicks goals too.

Bloody exciting to watch.

Sandilands rucks like Matthew Burton. Very unattractive on the eye. Just stands around putting the big frame in the way. He does a good job but the only chance of having him in the side is if Goldstein doesn't make it.................which is not going to happen. Naitanui is the only option for 2nd ruck with Jacobs in the same boat as Sandilands.

With Gawn and Martin coming along and Mumford back from injury plus some great athletes coming through 2016 should be a Rucking Great Year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the fact Cameron kicked 63 to walkers 55 h&a goals make a difference. I think it should count for something, compare that with the amount of forward 50 entries.
Walker isn't even leading his clubs goal kicking, how can he be chf in aa. Leadership has been great second half of the year, mentioned for obvious reasons. I'd Chuck him on the bench.
I can see it happening, walker makes aa but does Cameron not deserve the same spot just as much?

B: Heath Shaw, Alex Rance, Josh Gibson

HB: Matt Boyd, Michael Hurley, Bob Murphy

C: Andy Gaff, Matt Priddis, Dan Hannebery

HF: Chad Wingard, Taylor Walker, Robbie Gray

F: Eddie Betts, Josh J. Kennedy, Jake Stringer

R: Todd Goldstein, Nat Fyfe, Patrick Dangerfield

I/C: David Mundy, Sam Mitchell, Scott Pendlebury, Dustin Martin

Cant see how Gibbo is in line for a 22 spot after a poor six weeks prior to the lions/blues shitfests. Was very good in those two games but surely not enough to resurrect his chances.

Does the fact Cameron kicked 63 to walkers 55 h&a goals make a difference. I think it should count for something, compare that with the amount of forward 50 entries.
Walker isn't even leading his clubs goal kicking, how can he be chf in aa. Leadership has been great second half of the year, mentioned for obvious reasons. I'd Chuck him on the bench.
I can see it happening, walker makes aa but does Cameron not deserve the same spot just as much?
Just watching the 2 play I feel Walker has more impact and is involved in the play a lot more. Cameron more is the sole guy for GWS and parks in the 50. So with that in mind plus the leadership he beat out Cameron for my side only by a hair.

Walker has had more shots at goal than Cameron and averages 3.5 more disposals, 1.5 more marks, 2 more inside 50s, 2 more score involvements and has more goal assists.

Walker has also had to captain his side through unforeseen tragedy and has guided his side into the top 8 a feat Cameron hasn't been able to do despite being better placed at the half way mark.

end of season AA team

FB: Shaw, Rance, Murphy

CHB: Mitchell, Hurley, Laird

C: Gaff, Priddis, Hannebery

HF: Wingard, Rewioldt, Martin

FF: Betts, Kennedy, Stringer

R: Goldstein, Fyfe, Kennedy

IC: Danger, Swan, Gray, Gunston

I'm aware of what they say, I was hoping for more specific example of what afl player ratings valued that no one else saw in the first 8 round. It would be good for them to release a complete statistical break-down of an entire game (preferably a GF), but I suspect they know it would hurt their credibility.

Right so they know they deliberately developed and published a system that's flawed and are so worried about it they don't make available each games individual results.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back