All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

As for your ranking of players by the number of disposals, number of contested possessions, etc, this is all a crock of shit. Meaningless. It just tells me that Kennedy is one of the top inside mids, but he never plays anywhere else. He probably spends 100% of his time on the ball, in the centre clearances, etc, because Sydney never rotate other players through there. Bigger numbers doesn't equal better. It's just silly Big Footy 2015 stats-based obsession. Sandilands won the most hit outs but he wasn't the best ruckman. Cameron kicked 60 goals (2nd behind JJ Kennedy) but he wasn't one of the best forwards...
I agree with this. Jack Riewoldt is a case in point. Whether you think he deserved his spot or not there is a clear consensus that this was his best year. Yet he scored less goals this year than any of the previous 5. How is this? Because he's been playing further up the ground and the emergence of Vickery as a 2 goal a game player, along with a range of other goal targets, has justified him being a decoy more often.
Stats are useful, but only if you use them in context, taking into account variables like game style and the nature of the opposition.

KB is in the panel.

and Rioli is on the half-forward flank. Here's a picture of it for you:

2776-The-All-Australian-Team-FULL620.jpeg

Cam Mooney has also won 3 flags so happy to put them in the same category.

No you're not. You're just posting pictures of him, all that does it make it look like yo don't believe he deserved it either.
So why do you think they are wrong. Why do you think he deserved the spot in the team this year over someone like Lecras.

Hi guys, I'm sure you loved "Overrated's" sensational performance last night! Have a nice day. :D
upload_2015-9-26_13-14-23.png

I'm a stats man and therefore a little biased on how I view players.

Was pretty outraged at Cyril getting in over candidates... Until last night. I guess I don't see enough of Rioli but he is pure class. Easily deserving of an AA spot as he really is one of the best players in the AFL. Might not get it often but he is on another level of slick. Changes the game in an instant.

How much better would the team look if gray/deledio was in the HfF, Kennedy was on the bench and rioli out of the squad?

I would say that is a much more accurate representation of what the best team for the year was. Such a nobrainer. That's what makes Cyril's inclusion the worse of all time.

Fwiw I rate Cyril as a player and do believe he is underrated on BF. However it is outweighed by how overrated he is in the media. He had a pretty good year by his standard. Which is a very good role for hawthorn. But was he in the best 40 players for the year? No way in hell

Nth take that risk every week and win
No they don't. They could quite easily swing Brown into the ruck and even Petrie's been used there significantly in the past. They would struggle but they're definite options.

Kennedy has had 5 hit outs in the past 8 seasons (46 in his 10 seasons) and Jack 61 across his 9 seasons. They're simply not, and never should be, pinch hitting ruck options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much better would the team look if gray/deledio was in the HfF, Kennedy was on the bench and rioli out of the squad?

I would say that is a much more accurate representation of what the best team for the year was. Such a nobrainer. That's what makes Cyril's inclusion the worse of all time.

Fwiw I rate Cyril as a player and do believe he is underrated on BF. However it is outweighed by how overrated he is in the media. He had a pretty good year by his standard. Which is a very good role for hawthorn. But was he in the best 40 players for the year? No way in hell
Hawthorn fans just can't grasp this concept. Apparently poeple saying they don't think he should be in the team just this year = hes an overrated spud.

Hawthorn fans just can't grasp this concept. Apparently poeple saying they don't think he should be in the team just this year = hes an overrated spud.

Exactly .. not deserving to be AA doesn't mean people think he's a dud

How many Bulldogs have kicked 3 goals in a prelim - ever?

Is Brian Lake is the most successful bloke to play 200 games for the dogs? At a guess I'd say yes.

Are you 10 years old ..... completely off topic. But god forbid somebody wouldn't agree that Cyril is a God!!! Gotta get personal when someone doesn't think Cyril is the greatest player of all time!!!

Are you 10 years old ..... completely off topic. But god forbid somebody wouldn't agree that Cyril is a God!!! Gotta get personal when someone doesn't think Cyril is the greatest player of all time!!!
And how was how many goals he has kicked in previous years' finals relevant to the topic? You were trolling.

And how was how many goals he has kicked in previous years' finals relevant to the topic? You were trolling.

I quoted a comment about him kicking goals in finals and mentioned his goal-kicking record in finals and you don't see how its relevant? Really?

He's a good player, I've said this. But forgive me if I don't wanna build a Rioli statue

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back