All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much better would it look if Deledio wasn't in the team either?

17 H&A games is apparently enough for him to get picked.
It wouldn't look better.
Ranked 4th since round 7 - injured from rounds 2-5 inclusive - behind Goldy, Fyfe and Danger. Arguably one of the biggest impact players this season. Clutch player, dual sided, penetrating kick, strong hands and lightning off the mark. Gun and has had a terrific season, expecting another AA calibre season from Lids next year but across 22 games instead of 17.
I'd be interested in seeing a list of players who have been selected on the back of a 17 game or less season.

Ablett last year is one.
Rance missed 5 games last year and got in too.
There should be a rule of a minimum 5 west coast players in the as team every year to eliminate these sorts of issues
I think just NicNat as starting ruck would leave the WCE fangirls soaking wet and completely satisfied.

Gibson was a joke inclusion. He has deserved it before but doesn't mean he gets a pity spot years later.

Spearheaded the number one defence in the comp and offered great rebound? He's had better years but he was more than worthy this year.

Pity they don't think that way with selectors: Bartlett, Frawley and Richardson.
Each to their own. Nothing wrong with Richo, KB can be a bit wild at times, but still has been a terrific player of the game so I respect his opinion when it comes to identifying talent. Frawley, you might have a point. They watch a hell of a lot of footy over the season though, surely they have some sort of knowledge you'd think.
As I said, I'd be interested to see the other names who made it having missed the same portion of the season.
Stevie J in 2007 springs to my mind, think he missed 5-6 for that drinking incident. Can't seem to recall any more at the moment, surely you can just look up previous AA teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back