Mega Thread All Australian Watch: 2011 Cont'd...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Scarlett Jamison Shaw
HB: Scotland Fisher Deledio
C: Ablett Judd Murphy
HF: Johnson Franklin Watson
F: Garlett Cloke Walker
R: Cox Pendlebury Priddis
INT: Mitchell Goldstein McPharlin Sylvia

Just my two cents.

Who is your sub?

They are naming a sub in the AA team this year aren't they? (I genuinely don't know).

What about a bloke averaging 30.9 disposals ( 18.1 of those kicks ), 4.5 I50s, in the top few for both clearances and contested possessions. And also has a good DE%. Any chance?

images

Having a standout year. Has the occasional game where he goes missing but is more consistent this year than most and IMO is definately in the squad at this stage.

F Riewalodt Frankiln Garlett

HF Walker Cloke Bartel

C Pendelbury Murphy Deledio

HB Shaw Macpharlin Kelly

B Fisher Jamieson Enright

Goldstein
Boyd
Thompson

Luenberger
Black
Judd
Swallow

dont know what world you were living in, he was average. Was dominant before injury, but now he has missed a month and played badly in one week. wasnt in the top 10 on the ground. If he plays like that for another 2 weeks, he will be out of alot of teams, other mids will pass him easily.

And yet both the HS and the Age had him listed in their best.

22 disposals at 55% efficiency is not 'come good'.

He had one relatively quiet game after missing a month of footy yet was still named in the best. The rest of the year he has been superb. How does he need to "come good"?

He had one relatively quiet game after missing a month of footy yet was still named in the best. The rest of the year he has been superb. How does he need to "come good"?

Missing those few games will make it harder for Watson to get in, should do it though, as he was excellent in the first bit of the season. Just wouldn't want to have many more quiet games though.

What about a bloke averaging 30.9 disposals ( 18.1 of those kicks ), 4.5 I50s, in the top few for both clearances and contested possessions. And also has a good DE%. Any chance?

images

Such an underrated player Mitchell. Has been so good consistently for about 7 years now and still no AA jumper. Hopefully he gets one this year.

My opinion on the team:

B:Scarlett, Jamison, Shaw
HB:Scotland, McPharlin, Fisher
C:Murphy, Judd, Kelly
HF: Thomas, Cloke, Johnson
F: Garlett, Franklin, Walker
R:Cox, Pendlebury, Watson

Int: Mitchell, Sandilands, Delidio, Boyd

On the brink:
Thompson
Black
Swan
Fyfe
Enright
Ottens
Ablett
Gibson
Rioli
Sylvia
Goldstein
Swallow
Riewoldt
O'Keefe
Goodes
Embly
Priddis
Kennedy

My opinion on the team:

On the brink:
Thompson
Black
Swan
Fyfe
Enright
Ottens
Ablett
Gibson
Rioli
Sylvia
Goldstein
Swallow
Riewoldt
O'Keefe
Goodes
Embly
Priddis
Kennedy

You honestly think Carlton will have 6 AA's?

Not a chance.

Jamieson, Murphy and Judd are your real chances.

Walker a smokey in current form.

Garlett isn't the type they usually select, much more chance of a Jack Riewoldt, Nat Fyfe, Rioli or Ablett plonked there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My opinion on the team:

On the brink:
Thompson
Black
Swan
Fyfe
Enright
Ottens
Ablett
Gibson
Rioli
Sylvia
Goldstein
Swallow
Riewoldt
O'Keefe
Goodes
Embly
Priddis
Kennedy
Selwood not even in the squad?

If the umpires voted no doubt Selwood would 'duck' his way into the All Aus squad!

Thankyfully they don't + likely he won't be in the team!

:thumbsu:

are the stats on the AFL site reliable?

when you search spoils, Merrett unsurprisingly has a huge lead with 132, Gibson 103 with Reid and Tarrant = 3rd on 82. It features a Top 25, down to 56 spoils and none of McPharlin, Jamison, Scarlett or Fisher feature on the list.

when you search spoils, Merrett unsurprisingly has a huge lead with 132, Gibson 103 with Reid and Tarrant = 3rd on 82. It features a Top 25, down to 56 spoils and none of McPharlin, Jamison, Scarlett or Fisher feature on the list.

1%ers? I think they incorporate more than just spoils. Jamison has 50 for the season. It's low because he missed 2 games and for some reason, doesn't include the 12 spoils he had against Sydney in round 6.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/16931/Default.aspx#fixtureid=5497&tab=Stats

So, on average it'd be 6.9 per game (or 76 over 11 rounds). Again hurt by the fact he was subbed off in the last two games, playing only 57% and 65% game time (he's spent 97% or more of the game on the ground in every other game bar Collingwood, 89%).

Merrett would be busier then other defenders.

Ben Ried will make the AA squad. Whether he gets a nod in the 22 I don't know but he's a good chance. The talls will come from Reid, McPharlin and Taylor IMO. Not quite sure Taylor should be selected but there is a bit of love for him in the media and that influences selection.

Probably to do with the fact that McPharlin takes the mark every time rather than spoiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back