Mega Thread All Australian Watch: 2011 Cont'd...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretending to be a Geelong supporter all these years MC. :p

I feel ashamed for using a smiley...

Fyfe has been awesome this year. Enright bouncing back last week after an average few. Was his usual self early on but Scotland, Deledio and Shaw are the only three I would say are definitely ahead imo. Robert Murphy seems to be getting lost in the big picture, very good year despite the Dogs form.

Ottens, probably 5th in line for me. Mumford missing games is hurting him now, but based on games played I'd still have Mumford ahead. Goldstein as well. Wouldn't even bother with a second ruck at this stage.

Silly old me, thinking it was alias time after my 'Joel Corey for HOF' campaign met with some resistance. Gotta love Big Footy. Forgotten, not forgiven round here.

And yep, 100% with your backline changes, Shaw to the back pocket, Scotland or Lids to HB, see ya, Boris.

Like who?

Firstly, Pav has been better than Fyfe and I am a big fan of Priddis who goes under the radar down west. Jude Bolton having his best season ever! Scott Thompson (Adelaide) has been great this year. If you want my bias I think Wells and Swallow have been better than Fyfe as well...

It is better to not open your mouth and prove you know b.... all.

Antoni Grover has been in better form than Pav.

Pav has been good this year freo supporters clearly just expect too much of him, players like Fyfe you don't have high expectations so when he gets 25+ touches and snags a goal you are like "whoah".

Stats don't lie http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare...4=&Compare=Add+to+Comparison&SelectedPlayers=

Also doesn't have it on there but I'd say(without actually seeing the stat) Fyfe would have almost double the amount of goal assists as Pav.

Although he isn't beating Pav by a huge margin the fact that he is a 2nd year player compared to Pav just shows you how well he is actually playing.

No doubt that Fyfe is killing it, but the fact that he is a second year player is not taken into consideration when selecting the AA 22. Forget Pav there are still many players that have been better than him!

I would love Sam Mitchell to get an AA before his career is over. He has to be the most deserving player in the AFL who doesn't already have one. Is having a cracking year (again). Here's hoping he keeps it going.

Jude Bolton too, and he's surely in AA form this season.

I would love Sam Mitchell to get an AA before his career is over. He has to be the most deserving player in the AFL who doesn't already have one. Is having a cracking year (again). Here's hoping he keeps it going.

I think Mitchell deserves a gig thus far. A lot of the mids have dropped off in form or will drop off due to injury/suspension: Moloney, Swan and Selwood all have to prove a lot when they get back to remain in contention.

B: Shaw Scarlett Fisher
HB: Deledio McPharlin Kelly
C: Thomas Pendlebury Bartel
HF: Franklin Cloke Fyfe
F: Garlett Reiwolt Ablett
R: Cox Judd Murphy
Int: Goldstein Mundy Thompson Selwood

I can't remember my last team, but I think I had Scotland, Watson, Sandilands and Martin in it. Scotland still good, but prefer Kelly. Watson missed too much and poor on weekend. Sandilands injured, Martin now slowed down a touch.

Swan out of my 22 is harsh, but didn't want the Pies bias calls. The more I think about it, the more I realise how good he's actually been this year. Started like a house on fire, then copped an injury and has played heaps forward where he has been very very good. Hard to ignore 30 odd disposals a game and 16 goals. Can't judge him against 2010, just judge his 2011 output.

Along with Swan, Mitchell was most unlucky as were a few others. Selwood to drop out after a 4 week holiday.

fb: shaw jamison s.fisher
hb: deledio mcpharlin scotland
c: thomas judd pendlebury
hf: o'keefe cloke ablett
ff: walker riewoldt franklin
rr: cox selwood murphy
int: fyfe kelly goldstein watson

too top heavy for my liking both forward and backline but this is how i think theyd go if they made the team now.

surprised i didnt have room for moloney it was a toss up between him and watson only because of watson missing games. mitchell is another i wanted to fit in but couldnt make room. might sneak him in if he can make some ground on selwood while he's out.

won't go player by player, but Carlton won't have 5 AA's to Geelong's 2 (only 1 starting!). In fact, I can't see Carlton having more than any other club.

I will say that Walker is no chance, he's kicked 19 goals against the bottom 4 clubs and been used as a sub at least twice (at least I hope he has given his figures vs Pies and Bombers!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

won't go player by player, but Carlton won't have 5 AA's to Geelong's 2 (only 1 starting!). In fact, I can't see Carlton having more than any other club.

I will say that Walker is no chance, he's kicked 19 goals against the bottom 4 clubs and been used as a sub at least twice (at least I hope he has given his figures vs Pies and Bombers!)

wanna tell me who youd have instead then at this point of the year? or is it that much easier just to criticise without giving your own choice?

fwiw, i dont think walker will be in the team come season's end as he's had 3 or 4 games against bottom sides that have inflated his numbers a bit but at this stage i dont think any forward pocket has performed better. maybe cyril will overtake who knows?

as for the other blues, obviously murphy and judd are dead certs so far while jamison and scotland are very likely. who from geelong would you have in the team and who would you take out for them? they have had a super season with relatively even contributions from all players without having anyone really standout apart from the 2 i named? maybe you could add in bartel?

care to tell me who brisbane, port, adelaide, essendon, melbourne, north, gc, st kilda, sydney, bulldogs and eagles will have that in the team that stops you from being able to 'see Carlton having more than any other club'?

I agree that Walker is not there yet, not even close. However, he has only just started to hit form, it's not his fault that it's against lower sides. Time will tell whether he can do this against sides in the 8.

At the moment Carlton only have 3 guys who are genuine AA contenders in my opinion. Judd, Murphy and Jamison.

As much as everyone at Carlton (myself included) wants to see Scotland in there, it won't happen.

And as previously mentioned, Walker has a ways to go yet.

B: Shaw Scarlett Fisher
HB: Deledio McPharlin Kelly
C: Thomas Pendlebury Bartel
HF: Franklin Cloke Fyfe
F: Garlett Reiwolt Ablett
R: Cox Judd Murphy
Int: Goldstein Mundy Thompson Selwood

I can't remember my last team, but I think I had Scotland, Watson, Sandilands and Martin in it. Scotland still good, but prefer Kelly. Watson missed too much and poor on weekend. Sandilands injured, Martin now slowed down a touch.

Swan out of my 22 is harsh, but didn't want the Pies bias calls. The more I think about it, the more I realise how good he's actually been this year. Started like a house on fire, then copped an injury and has played heaps forward where he has been very very good. Hard to ignore 30 odd disposals a game and 16 goals. Can't judge him against 2010, just judge his 2011 output.

Along with Swan, Mitchell was most unlucky as were a few others. Selwood to drop out after a 4 week holiday.

Pretty solid team you've put together there. I just thought I'd also mention (considering you stated that Selwood will drop out due to missing 4 weeks) that Mundy will be out shortly as well due to a lengthy lay off from the injury he copped on the w/e.

Pretty solid team you've put together there. I just thought I'd also mention (considering you stated that Selwood will drop out due to missing 4 weeks) that Mundy will be out shortly as well due to a lengthy lay off from the injury he copped on the w/e.

Yep. Selwood and Mundy will probably have Mitchell and Swan overtake them.

Also, to the Blues flog - I would have Garlett there ahead of Walker every day of the week and 3 times on Sunday. If you could read, you would see my team right there above yours...

I think Swan, at the moment, if the AA was done today he wouldn't make it just because he has missed 1 game and had 2 poor games. But by the end of the season he will definately make it. In the first 4 rounds he average probably 36 possessions and 2 goals a game. I have no doubt he will bring those figures when he is back and willl make it back into the AA.

I think Swan, at the moment, if the AA was done today he wouldn't make it just because he has missed 1 game and had 2 poor games. But by the end of the season he will definately make it. In the first 4 rounds he average probably 36 possessions and 2 goals a game. I have no doubt he will bring those figures when he is back and willl make it back into the AA.

Probably. But you can only base your team on what players have done to date in the season, not what they might do. Players will come in and go out of contention in the next 12 rounds.

Pretty much agree with Thommo's team except I would have Stevie J in. Probably Bartel out if I am honest and shuffle Ablett to the middle.

Rohan Connolly's mid-season All Australian team

"As surprising as it seemed, even to me, when I tallied up the club representations, I've got no fewer than six Blues in my best 22 of the half-season.
"

all-australian_729-420x0.jpg

Rohan Connolly's mid-season All Australian team

Not saying 6 Blues deserve to be AA, or that any such thing will eventuate, but calls of bias etc in this thread are getting tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back