All Australian Watch: 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess having a balance between key defenders and running defenders in the squad. Fletcher has been good yet again but I'd almost have Heppell as having the better season to date. As I said it's hard because it's so early in the year.

I actually think Hardingham has been our best defender, his spoiling has been awesome particularly in the Doggies and Saints games, kept on finding the boundary line after kick ins allowing us to set up the forward press really well.

I actually think Hardingham has been our best defender, his spoiling has been awesome particularly in the Doggies and Saints games, kept on finding the boundary line after kick ins allowing us to set up the forward press really well.
Good point, tbh after Watson it's fairly even at the Bombers this year. Maybe Hocking? as a clear 2nd best player but the defenders are all in the same basket.

B: Jamison Merrett Adcock
HB: Enright McPharlin Yarran
C: Swan Pendlebury Thomas
HF: Cloke Franklin Embley
F: Garlett Dawes Riewolt
R: Sandilands Judd Watson
I/C: Pavlich Murphy Cox Martin

Rutten has been an absolute rock at full back. He's been as good as ever defensively, despite the fact that our midfield haven't been doing our defence any favours whatsoever this season, but he's also averaging a career best 20 touches a game. In better form than when he made the AA squad in '05.

Is Fyfe a slim chance? I've only seen a couple of Freo's games this year, but he's been a standout in both.

FFS don't tell me Enright is just going to walk into the team again. Got the be the worst 3 time All-Australian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Goldstein continues current form and McIntosh stays out of the side then he will give it a shake for the ruck position.

No, he wont. Doesn't matter how good you think he's been, no one will beat Cox for the position besides Sandilands. No one.

Deledio is great one week, terrible the next. Not AA worthy.

Yarran has been very consistent save rnd 1. Just shy of AA form i think though.

Yarran's disposal counts have been 4, 24, 22, 21 and I wont count the 11 against the Crows due to injury.

Deledio's have been 19, 29, 17, 33, 27, 26. He rarely turns it over (had one or two bad ones vs Carlton).

Everyone keeps saying Lids' worst is terrible, but really it's still 'just under 20 possesions and maybe 2-3 turnovers'.

Terrible is getting 4 kicks on Matt White.

If Lids got 22 or 21 touches in a game you'd be saying he was crap. Even when he got 33 against the Pies you tried to say they were cheap and off half back.

Neither should be AA based on their form so far, but Yarran shouldn't even be considered.

Yarran's disposal counts have been 4, 24, 22, 21 and I wont count the 11 against the Crows due to injury.

Deledio's have been 19, 29, 17, 33, 27, 26. He rarely turns it over (had one or two bad ones vs Carlton).

Everyone keeps saying Lids' worst is terrible, but really it's still 'just under 20 possesions and maybe 2-3 turnovers'.

Terrible is getting 4 kicks on Matt White.

If Lids got 22 or 21 touches in a game you'd be saying he was crap. Even when he got 33 against the Pies you tried to say they were cheap and off half back.

Neither should be AA based on their form so far, but Yarran shouldn't even be considered.

Give me 20 touches from a quality ball user like Yarran over 25 from Deledio any day of the week.

I said Yarran is not in AA form. Did you read that? He's closer than Deledio though.

Shaw killed it tonight.

Give me 20 touches from a quality ball user like Yarran over 25 from Deledio any day of the week.

Deledio is one of the best kicks in the AFL. Keep trolling.

You sound like the Hawthorn supporters, 1 of Rioli's possessions is worth 2 for everyone else.

He's closer than Deledio though.

No he's not.

B: Corey Enright - Daniel Merrett - Ben Rutten
HB: Heath Shaw - Luke McPharlin - Robert Murphy
C: Marc Murphy - Jobe Watson (c) - David Mundy
HF: Andrew Embley - Travis Cloke - Paul Chapman
F: Dustin Martin - Lance Franklin - ?????????
R: Dean Cox - Chris Judd (vc) - Scott Pendlebury
INT: Aaron Sandilands - Nathan Fyfe - Dane Swan - Jimmy Bartel

EMG: Ryan Griffen - Matthew Pavlich - Andrew Swallow

Something like that I guess. Martin in a FP pocket is probably pushing it but he has played deep forward at times this year. Riewoldt probably gets the other FP simply because he is leading the Coleman. Has had three complete right off games this year though. Dawes the only other key forward. Goodes has fallen away. Of the crumbers it's Garlett/McGlynn/Blair imo.

I think Griffen and Pav have been better than Sandilands so, again, it's a bit of a wildcard position. Selectors seem to change their mind every year in regards to a second ruck spot.

B: Corey Enright - Daniel Merrett - Ben Rutten
HB: Heath Shaw - Luke McPharlin - Robert Murphy
C: Marc Murphy - Jobe Watson (c) - David Mundy
HF: Andrew Embley - Travis Cloke - Paul Chapman
F: Dustin Martin - Lance Franklin - ?????????
R: Dean Cox - Chris Judd (vc) - Scott Pendlebury
INT: Aaron Sandilands - Nathan Fyfe - Dane Swan - Jimmy Bartel

EMG: Ryan Griffen - Matthew Pavlich - Andrew Swallow

Something like that I guess. Riewoldt probably gets FP simply because he is leading the Coleman. Has had three complete right off games this year though. Dawes the only other key forward. Goodes has fallen away. Of the crumbers it's Garlett/McGlynn imo.

I think Griffen and Pav have been better than Sandilands so, again I don't know what the selectors are going to do this year with the second ruck spot.
AG are you doing your team of the week this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back