All Australian Watch: 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me 20 touches from a quality ball user like Yarran over 25 from Deledio any day of the week.

I said Yarran is not in AA form. Did you read that? He's closer than Deledio though.

Shaw killed it tonight.

no he is not, both are not even close.

yarran a better kick than deledio? :p

as for shaw, yes i agree, was good and deserves to be in the side, along with rob murphy.

Riewoldt probably gets the other FP simply because he is leading the Coleman. Has had three complete right off games this year though.

thats a bit harsh really. has kicked 6, 0, 1, 4, 5, 5. the 0 was him knocked out after 5 minutes and the 1 was the week after while clearly not recovered and in horrible conditions. i reckon he has played better than last year, he is getting much more attention and is creating a lot more goals for teammates as well as keeping on track for the same amount of goals as last year.

with jack the other fp i cant really fault you there. havent seen enough of r murphy to comment but its good to see someone acknowledge the brilliant form of embley.

Of the Collingwood boys, certainties or near certainties to this stage are Shaw, Swan, Pendlebury and Cloke.

Still a long year and plenty of games to be played out though.

Thought Merret and Riewoldt had an even battle last night. J Roo still kicked 5. Plonk him at FF for AA.

thats a bit harsh really. has kicked 6, 0, 1, 4, 5, 5. the 0 was him knocked out after 5 minutes and the 1 was the week after while clearly not recovered and in horrible conditions. i reckon he has played better than last year, he is getting much more attention and is creating a lot more goals for teammates as well as keeping on track for the same amount of goals as last year.
Good point. Not sure why I thought the 4 goal game was ordinary. In that case the Riewoldt in the FP is the obvious choice.

J Roo at FF and Frankin on the flank? Blair could be the bolter - what a start to his career that kid is having.

Dale Thomas close in people's eyes? Having his best season to date for mine.

B: Corey Enright - Daniel Merrett - Ben Rutten
HB: Heath Shaw - Luke McPharlin - Robert Murphy
C: Marc Murphy - Jobe Watson (c) - David Mundy
HF: Andrew Embley - Travis Cloke - Paul Chapman
F: Dustin Martin - Lance Franklin - ?????????
R: Dean Cox - Chris Judd (vc) - Scott Pendlebury
INT: Aaron Sandilands - Nathan Fyfe - Dane Swan - Jimmy Bartel

EMG: Ryan Griffen - Matthew Pavlich - Andrew Swallow

Not bad. I disagree with Rutten. Only because I have been more impressed with Jamison.
You've even managed to not put a single Sydney player which I know takes great self-restraint.

Pretty fair effort :thumbsu:

Was Jamison close?

Very good team AG as always.

Judd's an interesting one. I'd say he's 50/50 atm, was a bit rusty early this year by his standards. Amazing to think he's still brilliant even when out of form (for him anyway).

Small forward would be either Fyfe, Garlett or Ballantyne.

Deledio is one of the best kicks in the AFL.

yarran a better kick than deledio? :p.

God save us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something like that I guess. Martin in a FP pocket is probably pushing it but he has played deep forward at times this year. Riewoldt probably gets the other FP simply because he is leading the Coleman. Has had three complete right off games this year though. Dawes the only other key forward. Goodes has fallen away. Of the crumbers it's Garlett/McGlynn/Blair imo.

I think Griffen and Pav have been better than Sandilands so, again, it's a bit of a wildcard position. Selectors seem to change their mind every year in regards to a second ruck spot.

Taking the piss with Swanny on the pine, are you judging him by Swan standards or normal ones?

Averaging 32 touches, 5 marks, 9 clearances, 2 goals, 6 inside 50's and 5 tackles a game.....

Heath Shaw should be an absolute stone cold certainty so far, especially when people are considering Yarran ahead of him - lol

Ben Reid could be a bit of a smoky, he has been very solid for us down back so far this year.

Not bad. I disagree with Rutten. Only because I have been more impressed with Jamison.
Him or Rutten. Flip a coin.

You've even managed to not put a single Sydney player which I know takes great self-restraint.
Not really. Simply because Mumford is the only one worthy at the moment and unfortunately for him he chose to come good when two of the best ruckman we have seen are still dominating. Having said that, I don't think the gap between Sandilands and Mumford so far this year is big at all. Cox a clear no.1 imo.

My wife being a North supporter, i see them more than most.

Reckon Swallow has certainly been better than Murphy.

Team is completely underdone, and midfield full of kids, he is carrying it on his shoulders.

Averaging 27 disposals per game, 6 tackles and has kicked twice the amount of goals Murphy has, I don't have clearance stats but I'd imagine he'd be in the top 5 in the comp.

Reid would be pressing, but he had his first poor game today.

If we go 19-3 or thereabouts, it not unreasonable for us to get 10 AA's, especially after the Cats farce.

Lol.

I think Collingwood is recognised as a great team.

I still don't think you have anywhere near the star power of the Cats side of a couple of years ago.

Swan, Pendlebury, Shaw may be the only ones, I doubt Thomas will get a look in with the strength of the midfield crop this year, and Didak is playing shithouse. Cloke a chance, however, Pavlich and Franklin are both having good years, and Riewoldt will go close to the Coleman again.

Reid would be pressing, but he had his first poor game today.

If we go 19-3 or thereabouts, it not unreasonable for us to get 10 AA's, especially after the Cats farce.

Name the ten. That will tell us whether or not it is unreasonable.

Edit - FFS: Can people at least nominate one token player from another club, along with the half dozen or so from their own? You know, so we may get the impression you watch more than one game a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back