All Australian Watch: 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
martin is far from a lock, and i doubt he will get a gig, more so because they like the players that have been around for a while, which is a joke, but id say martin has been in the best 10 mids this season.

swan, pendlebury, judd, watson, mundy and bartel would be the best half dozen so far for mine

Judd then Murphy in contention for middle spots. Jamison a shot for FB if he stays consistent. Yarran a smokey for HBF if he really starts stringing games together (got injured Adelaide games and missed Sydney).

Non-carlton wise, Jobe Watson should have his first AA selection at this point. Quite a few regulars doing well (Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd etc.). Flanks are pretty hard to pick at this point. But Martin has had a few really good weeks, only so long before opposition teams go into games with specific strategies about him, which could stifle his impact.

lol at the Martin talk, no chance at all, a few cheap goals does not mean All Australian.

Cox and Embley. Glass underrated, could make it as a BP.

Embley and Glass are no chance, IMO.

Embley will be competing with the likes of Swan, Judd, J Selwood, Pendlebury etc. He won't be named on the ball or in the centre, so he's basically in the mix for one of two spots on the wings or on the interchange bench where he's up against players of all positions.

Glass isn't a possession winner and we aren't likely to feature in September so I can't see him knocking off the guys from better sides and more attacking backline players.

If Cox keeps up his current form he will be first ruck. If he keeps playing well but not dominating games he will get a bench spot with Sandi taking first ruck.

If the team was picked right now Martin would deserve a spot. I'm sure he wouldn't be given a spot because there would be prejudice against a second year player but so far he should have a spot on the fwd flank or bench.

EDIT- And yes Richmond supporters are all jizzing in our pants, so what, he is the most valuable prospect in the league and we have been shit forever.

Surely Simon Black should realise that he's 30 something and not allowed to be awesome anymore.

Over the last three weeks he is probably the most in form player in the comp. Coupled with his good R2 game, that's enough to be well in contention at this early stage. Only quiet game so far was R1.

Don't worry about Moby Dick over there. He's still upset that Martin belted his insignificant club the other day....

Martin is in the All Australian team right now if the season stopped today. It's up to him to maintain his form, if he does this, he will be in the side. He is significantly influencing games both in the midfield and up forward. Another 35 + possession game last night after all the publicity, a sign of a very top class player. He's focussed, scarily focused is Dustin, so I expect him to maintain this sort of output.

Judd was awesome. Murphy was ok and thereabouts. Judd probably jumps ahead of Murphy for the year so far from Carlton. So I'd have Judd just ahead of Murphy for a midfield spot out of those two.

Jamison keeps on performing but at this stage I like the McPharlin and Merrett combo.

Mumford probably a clearish outright 3rd ruckman behind Cox and Sandilands. Ottens and Jamar going along nicely as well. Goodes and Bolton fell off the pace.

I know I'll get laughed at but Ted Richards has been outstanding in defence for us this year and since key defenders aren't really banging the door down, he is a good smokey for a spot in the squad.

He's a chance given that not many are putting their hands up - very underrated in my book. Jamison played a great game against the Swans and if he keeps that up he'll be a chance. Heath Shaw is the pick of the defenders at the moment I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a chance given that not many are putting their hands up - very underrated in my book. Jamison played a great game against the Swans and if he keeps that up he'll be a chance. Heath Shaw is the pick of the defenders at the moment I reckon.
11ish defenders were in the squad of 40 last year. So for this year these guys would be the only ones I can really think of so far who have been sort of a standout this year.

Merrett
McPharlin
Rutten
Jamison
Scarlett
Shaw
Enright
Adcock

That's 8, so then it's guys like Fletcher, Gibson, Richards, Deledio > Heppell > Yarran, etc. Hard to pick.

I heart:

wbAFLdeledio.jpg

FB: Adcock Merrett Jamison
HB: Enright McPharlin Deledio
C: Bartel Judd Embley
HF: Darling Franklin Thomas
FF: Garlett Dawes Riewoldt
R: Cox Swan Pendlebury
INT: Pavlich Watson Chapman SUB: Sandilands

That is a decent list, though wouldn't have Dawes or Deledio

I love the way that Darling is playing atm but considering the role he plays I'd have him well behind Cloke and I'd switch Reiwoldt to FF and swap Dawes for Fyfe. But other than that its a good effort :thumbsu:

lol at the Martin talk, no chance at all, a few cheap goals does not mean All Australian.

I'd have him in ... on the bench at least. Kid is a gun and the brightest light Richmond have had there in 3 decades.

11ish defenders were in the squad of 40 last year. So for this year these guys would be the only ones I can really think of so far who have been sort of a standout this year.

Merrett
McPharlin
Rutten
Jamison
Scarlett
Shaw
Enright
Adcock

That's 8, so then it's guys like Fletcher, Gibson, Richards, Yarran, Heppell, etc. Hard to pick.

Whats your justification for not having fletch in the other list?

Merrett
McPharlin
Rutten
Jamison
Scarlett
Shaw
Enright
Adcock

That's 8, so then it's guys like Fletcher, Gibson, Richards, Yarran, Heppell, etc. Hard to pick.

No way players like Yarran and Heppell have been better than Deledio. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back