All Collingwood Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

RTBB

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2003
East Gippsland
AFL Club
Carlton
Just interested to know, If it happened to turn out to be a Essendon V Brisbane grand final, who would you be hoping to win,

I know it cant happen, as if essendon win this week, they face Brisbane in a pelem, But, just if ???

Brisbane, dont want Essendon anywer near the Premiership cup. Wouldnt it be an Essendon vs Brisbane prelim, not a grand final???????

I'd be barracking for a 2 kilometre wide asteroid to hit the city of Melbourne

Gunder said:
I'd be barracking for a 2 kilometre wide asteroid to hit the city of Melbourne

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'd be barracking for Essendon. Even though i hate those douche bags.

The results arent the reason for my hatred of Brisbane, its their reaction afterwards. After getting a good deal from the umpires including more free kicks (discounting OOF) and the 3 match changing decisions, Aker comes out and complains that the umpires tried to screw them and they did well with everything going against them

That lost all like I had for Aker or Brisbane. Pure arrogance and stupidity

lasher said:
who did you go for in the 2001 granny...???
that is before the lions whipped you in 2002 and 2003 to gain your hate...

I was accutally barracking for Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane, would rather see the Pies record equalled than barrack for Essendon.

The only down side would be seeing Robert Copeland, the luckiest s**t player in the history of the AFL get another premiership medal. Not to mention Caracella!!!!!

eddiesmith said:
The results arent the reason for my hatred of Brisbane, its their reaction afterwards. After getting a good deal from the umpires including more free kicks (discounting OOF) and the 3 match changing decisions, Aker comes out and complains that the umpires tried to screw them and they did well with everything going against them

That lost all like I had for Aker or Brisbane. Pure arrogance and stupidity

Interesting..... I was there, and watched the replay about 8 times, and I thought Brisbane got the rough end of the pineapple in 2002. It wasn't disgraceful but I thought it went 60-40 Collingwood to be honest.

In fairness I suppose the only people whose opinion should count on this would be the supporters of the other 14 clubs.

Does anyone want to take 2/1 about Brisbane winning the free kick count against Geelong or Essendon next week? It ain't going to happen is it? In fact the figures show that Brisbane are 16th on the ledger (free kicks for/against ratio) for 2004. Funny thing that for a side who is generally first to the ball. OK, its not how many you get, its the ones you don't get and where you get them etc etc. I agree with that but it doesn't go close to explaining away why Brisbane are 16th in frees for and against, and IIRC we were in the bottom 2 the last 2 years as well.

Look at Essendon's free kick F/A ratio when they finished top of the ladder 99-2001. The poor ratio is most likely due to the tough style of play of the teams. The Bulldogs ratio over the last five years has been very good. I doubt that it would have been in the late nineties when they were renowned as a tough niggling team.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Collingwood Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back