All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The road map shows huge relief of restrictions if we go 14 days and zero restrictions after 28.

I’d be beyond shocked if teams weren’t able to train before Christmas.

This is a state government decision more than anyone else. They can’t exactly stop people meeting at an oval if legal.

The road map shows huge relief of restrictions if we go 14 days and zero restrictions after 28.

This is a state government decision more than anyone else. They can’t exactly stop people meeting at an oval if legal.
From what i have heard most clubs have planned unsanctioned training before Christmas no club gear and 10 to 20 player depending on restrictions and away from the clubs oval if possible

non contact sport for adults can resume Monday. Government will release more details around this, but not dissimilar to earlier this year in June when the government provides guidelines, AFL vic return to training and the leagues sanctioned training.

if a cafe can have 50 people sitting indoors at a cafe surely we can Have 2 x groups of 20 training.

the league is also pushing for the summer netball season to start in December, why can that start but not footy training

AFLW has also started training this week

That's because the F&*king AFL only think about their own comps and give only lip service to any other comp country or suburban
Football Victoria (soccer) have released updated return to play/training conditions this morning. Why is AFL Vic always running behind? Surely with the season cancelled AFL Vic would be a little more proactive with communication to the lower levels.

Football Victoria (soccer) have released updated return to play/training conditions this morning. Why is AFL Vic always running behind? Surely with the season cancelled AFL Vic would be a little more proactive with communication to the lower levels.
Rusted further to my original quote the AFL don't give a stuff abut suburban footy its only existent is as cash cow that they can rape and as for afl vic they could not organize you to get a case of covid if the tried

It is quite staggering, private businesses have literally had to develop COVID safe plans overnight or else shut up shop. But AFLVIC with all the resources of the AFL has sat idle for 9 months waiting, waiting, and waiting with no threat of going under and supported by jobkeeper.

Heard from a reliable source footy training will be back on the 23rd November
Yeh clubs are still waiting on directives from the council and the league. Nothing can go ahead without there approval.
Only way it can is if it’s unsanctioned and 20 guys are just doing personal training together at the ground!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their is no excuse now, understandably leagues and councils where hesitant in June but now with only 4 active cases statewide and much better Government systems in place they need to allow training in line with Government protocols.

Their is no excuse now, understandably leagues and councils where hesitant in June but now with only 4 active cases statewide and much better Government systems in place they need to allow training in line with Government protocols.
Yep agree!!
But what we’ve learnt through this thing is that people in power absolutely love to dictate. So wouldn’t surprise me either way!!
But hoping they get the ball rolling ASAP!

I believe the NFNL has come back and told clubs no club training allowed untill 2021.

How ridiculous!

Clubs will just organise it in small groups away from the club and call it ‘personal training’

I believe the NFNL has come back and told clubs no club training allowed untill 2021.

How ridiculous!

Clubs will just organise it in small groups away from the club and call it ‘personal training’
as all clubs right across the board are doing but it is train at own risk as there is no insurance and no club gear allowed .

How ridiculous!

What a joke.

How ridiculous!

Which rightly or wrongly many have done anyway.
Collectives of what were 2-3 have slowly grown over the past 5-6 weeks to more substantial size, and it has had nothing to do with clubs or the NFL.

Plenty of ways and means to get going, and surely adults can act like adults here, just be smart and respectful about how they approach this and in time I'm sure return guidelines will roll out within 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

How ridiculous!

When was this communicated?

I read that AFL Vic have said there will be an update to return to train protocols shortly and the government roadmap indicating contact sport for over 18’s shall be allowed from November 23 up to groups of 50. it’s hard to imagine the league will keep its head in the sand and try to prevent clubs training especially if other league resume. So unprofessional but hardly surprising to be honest.

I read that AFL Vic have said there will be an update to return to train protocols shortly and the government roadmap indicating contact sport for over 18’s shall be allowed from November 23 up to groups of 50. it’s hard to imagine the league will keep its head in the sand and try to prevent clubs training especially if other league resume. So unprofessional but hardly surprising to be honest.

I saw on twitter AFLvic have released their return to train protocol. Had a very brief read it only allows a group of 10, no contact. More than one group can train provideD you have 100m between groups.

according the to governments website moving into step 4 (14 days of 0 cases) The numbers around groups of people will change significantly

Came from Simon Devine. Apparently a few clubs have contacted him and said they will be resuming training and he shut them down.
He said AFL Vic give them give them procedures in what is safe. But it’s the NFNL final decision. They don’t want sanctioned training until Feb!

Came from Simon Devine. Apparently a few clubs have contacted him and said they will be resuming training and he shut them down.
He said AFL Vic give them give them procedures in what is safe. But it’s the NFNL final decision. They don’t want sanctioned training until Feb!
I have a mate involved with the EDFL and they are in the same boat ,I am not sure why they have green lighted juniors but are dragging their collective nuts on the ground for seniors

Came from Simon Devine. Apparently a few clubs have contacted him and said
they will be resuming training and he shut them down.

it’s beyond a joke now, 2 more days of 0 zero cases and we should be moving into the last step of the road map which changes the rules again. And will allow for greater numbers outside.

if these blokes weren’t supported by the AFL and actually had to rely on their business running to keep their jobsI am Sure we would be in out there training.

there should be no reason, outside from a drastic unforeseen outbreak that the players aren’t training November 23.

afl vic has issued its return to training protocol, groups of 10 max and groups have to be separated by 100m. This will change again come the 23rd

it’s beyond a joke now, 2 more days of 0 zero cases and we should be moving into the last step of the road map which changes the rules again. And will allow for greater numbers outside.

if these blokes weren’t supported by the AFL and actually had to rely on their business running to keep their jobsI am Sure we would be in out there training.

there should be no reason, outside from a drastic unforeseen outbreak that the players aren’t training November 23.

afl vic has issued its return to training protocol, groups of 10 max and groups have to be separated by 100m. This will change again come the 23rd
Yep you are right. No reason at all the NFNL can’t allow training.
Simon Devine yet again making a laughing stock of the competition!!
He has to go!

Remove this Banner Ad

All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back