Mega Thread All things Jack Watts - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip broke into the team at the end of 2009 (his third year), just a bit behind Petterd and Garland who were there from the end of the season before.

Fitzy is already a better forward than Watts in my eyes, and I think we can all agree McDonals has had a better journey to date.

Watts still doesn't get natural talent will only get you so far , that hard work should be a team ethic , not just an individual motivation . Would prefer him to stay , but if he hasn't got the stomach for the fight ahead of this club , well i want players in the team that do .
Well said pal.

I'm going to look at it from a different angle. I believe that the coaching staff (past and present) have not extracted the best out of Watts, and indeed our entire roster of players. This has been made somewhat factual by the sackings of two senior coaches.

I'm going to look at it from a different angle. I believe that the coaching staff (past and present) have not extracted the best out of Watts, and indeed our entire roster of players. This has been made somewhat factual by the sackings of two senior coaches.

Of course that's the case, but reading between the lines of what Jack has said recently in the media (we don't have a Joel Selwood.....) he's not taking any responsibility for improving himself; he's waiting for someone to do it for him

2 coaches have also factually been sacked because their careers have been killed by a mentally fragile playing group

Of course that's the case, but reading between the lines of what Jack has said recently in the media (we don't have a Joel Selwood.....) he's not taking any responsibility for improving himself; he's waiting for someone to do it for him

2 coaches have also factually been sacked because their careers have been killed by a mentally fragile playing group

And the thing about Jack is that he's shown he has the talent to come out on any given day and change a game. He just needs to put in mentally and physically to achieve it. So many times during the game he looks as though he's just wandered onto the MCG whilst 35 other blokes happen to be playing a game of football.

And the thing about Jack is that he's shown he has the talent to come out on any given day and change a game. He just needs to put in mentally and physically to achieve it. So many times during the game he looks as though he's just wandered onto the MCG whilst 35 other blokes happen to be playing a game of football.

Agreed

Some of his efforts (or lack of) against Freo were just........horrible

Bit hard to say, given how little time Watts plays up forward though...

I wouldn't say it's hard to say.

Watts is a much better forward then Fitz, in fact Fitz doesn't look that dangerous unless he has Watts and/or Dawes up forward with him.

Watts is a much better forward then Fitz, in fact Fitz doesn't look that dangerous unless he has Watts and/or Dawes up forward with him.
Well Fitz has signed and watts hasn't so he has that up on him :)

Yeah this is what I was alluding to. Fitz' output is greater than Watts' because he spends more time in their, but Watts' isn't really given an equal sample size, and he looks much more dangerous when he's in there IMO. Takes marks all over the 50 as opposed to about 45m out from goal in the pocket on a considerable angle like Fitz tends too when he's alone in there. Watts is a better kick on goal too, and a better mark.

Neil Craig said:
''Jack has a fiercely competitive mindset … Jack has a thirst for wanting to be the best player he could possibly be.
''The element that has really impressed me about Jack is that he really cares about wearing the Melbourne jumper; playing for Melbourne is more than just playing AFL football and he has great passion to change the perceptions of the Melbourne Football Club.''
Whoops that's about Jack Viney. Carry on.

Yeah this is what I was alluding to. Fitz' output is greater than Watts' because he spends more time in their, but Watts' isn't really given an equal sample size, and he looks much more dangerous when he's in there IMO. Takes marks all over the 50 as opposed to about 45m out from goal in the pocket on a considerable angle like Fitz tends too when he's alone in there. Watts is a better kick on goal too, and a better mark.
Um, sorry but Fitz is a much, much better mark than Watts. That is not an exaggeration. Fitz is a very good mark, dragging in many that he has no right to; and Watts spills too many, a lot of easy ones that he should clunk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, sorry but Fitz is a much, much better mark than Watts. That is not an exaggeration. Fitz is a very good mark, dragging in many that he has no right to; and Watts spills too many, a lot of easy ones that he should clunk.

Yeah even medium sized midfielders can do enough in the air to stop watts from marking

I've already taken the number 4 off my sons jumper. The only thing i want is a decent midfielder for Jack tippytoes Watts!

Put the #11 on there - can't go wrong with Mitch.

Other than that he might not ever play again *faints*.

But in all seriousness it's always worthwhile getting 11 on a Demons guernsey to honour Jimmy Stynes. Considering buying a new one to put a number 7, my love for Jack Viney grows every week.

Other than that he might not ever play again *faints*.

But in all seriousness it's always worthwhile getting 11 on a Demons guernsey to honour Jimmy Stynes. Considering buying a new one to put a number 7, my love for Jack Viney grows every week.

Then you don't deserve to put his number on your back

Man love for Viney should've maxxed out them moment he signed :p

Chip broke into the team at the end of 2009 (his third year), just a bit behind Petterd and Garland who were there from the end of the season before.

Fitzy is already a better forward than Watts in my eyes, and I think we can all agree McDonals has had a better journey to date.

My Eyes Too.

The difference in Desire is obvious.

Macca is well on the way to becoming a gun.

Then you don't deserve to put his number on your back

Man love for Viney should've maxxed out them moment he signed :p

I'd already met Jack a few times last year and in 2011 so I guess I reduced my demigod perception of him. Seeing him play this year has just exponentially increased it :p I don't think there's a ceiling!

SSF, I have #4 on mine too. If JW is traded I'll probably go in for a new #7.

Not sure your memory is 100%. Frawley played the whole season in 2009 and was fantastic. Was the first season he really showed something and started beating some big name opponents.

Obviously stepped up another level in 2010... unfortunately hasn't been the same since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back