Mega Thread All things Jack Watts - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see how he goes in the midfield. He has time and space with ball in hand and is our best kick. On the other hand 196 is absolutely massive for a mid, the tall mids in the comp are around 190.

He is rather agile, a fantastic mark and one of the fastest players in the competition over 20m though too. Has very clean hands.

Interesting to see how he goes in the midfield. He has time and space with ball in hand and is our best kick. On the other hand 196 is absolutely massive for a mid, the tall mids in the comp are around 190.

It's 6cm, Watts' success or failure in the middle won't be because of this:

1 - - 2 - - 3 - - 4 - - 5 - - 6

That kind of length only matters on a mattress, not a midfield.

Probably. I actually have no idea on such matters.

I'd say it is extremely tall for an inside midfielder, but I'm sure we can all agree that hell will freeze over before Jack Watts plays that role. As a winger, if he can match that size with the speed, endurance and athleticism of smaller players (which he can, provided he can be bothered playing on the day) then the extra height should be an advantage if anything.

On the whole Watts-midfield thing, I can see him and Howe rotating between playing on the wing and as an extra marking forward. If played right it could create massive match-up headaches for opposition coaches, like Brad Green circa 2010 except better.

Whilst i like the idea of forcing watts to be more involved he needs to do a hell of alot of work at his contested game
Needs to build core strength and leg strength so he can stand up and tackles and not get moved off the ball, he still doesnt back himself to win one on one contests 100% of the time and until he does that he will be another cale morton.

He does make some smart decisions with the footy in hand but he needs to bulk the **** up if he is playing midfield

Not anymore it isn't! (would love to see Sylvia sign next though)
I believe he is still os on holidays. Only had one day with roos before he took off. As soon as he's back they'll sit down again. He was very close to signing before he left if my info can be trusted.

Looking forward to seeing some apologies from people after his TFS appearance. Criticism and disappointment were okay, but some of the reactions were so unfair.

Looking forward to seeing some apologies from people after his TFS appearance. Criticism and disappointment were okay, but some of the reactions were so unfair.
TFS appearance looked bad no matter what way you cut it. Glad he has signed but shit way to manage it.

TFS appearance looked bad no matter what way you cut it. Glad he has signed but shit way to manage it.

Not his finest moment at all. As the man himself said yesterday, no-one could begrudge him the chance to wait and see given how much of a basketcase we are, so in a way his attitude was fair enough, but the way it came across was all wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on him for resigning.

He was not #1 pick because he was shit.

If anyone can get the best out of him, I reckon your new coach will be the one.

Directed angryness. Disciplined and (when warranted) undisciplined violence would really complete Jek's game.

Could someone with the required skills please put up the Jek Wotz thing. Loved that fecker

It's 6cm, Watts' success or failure in the middle won't be because of this:

1 - - 2 - - 3 - - 4 - - 5 - - 6

That kind of length only matters on a mattress, not a midfield.

Probably. I actually have no idea on such matters.
so you are saying he is a goal better than pendlebury when being a midfielder... ha! good to know :p

Watts in the midfield, looks like Roos has been following my AFL Live career. Only I put Watts in the Mid as I suffered soo many long term injuries (Jones, Viney, Silvia) and Trenners was Suspended for 6

Watts in the midfield, looks like Roos has been following my AFL Live career. Only I put Watts in the Mid as I suffered soo many long term injuries (Jones, Viney, Silvia) and Trenners was Suspended for 6
Still remember the old AFL 2007 - picked up Daniel Cross in the draft.

Best trade ever: Daniel Bell for Lance Franklin and Pick 1.

playing a money game... its all it looked like

Not really. Wasn't a fan of where the club was heading, so he said he was looking at options and would see who we got in. We got Roos, he signed on. If we'd signed Terry Wallace, he'd probably have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back