All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bear, with all due respect, I'm starting to notice a recurring pattern of 'expect nothing and never be disappointed' sentiment in your opinion.

I sincerely hope that this is only symptomatic of the our recent history and look forward to your developing the arrogance side of your game and really cutting down on being reasonable, it's very unCarlton-like (and hence bad for football).

I'll give you an example:

So his 2 most likely outcomes entail him having to play with a team he doesn't want to be at and all his teammates know it (and in the Sydney scenario they also resent him for it).

The sacrifices that the genuine stars of our game make even just just for a remote chance to have the honour of donning the covetted Navy Blue never amazes me, as it is expected, but I it should still be highlighted so yet again, the other 15 clubs making up the numbers in the competition can be reminded what this game is all about: Carlton! :thumbsu:

Sorry.....I'll try and get some swagger back.

I just can't justify bagging the crap out of Greg Denham for suggesting Fev could slip to the Swans in the PSD, and then going on with ROK getting to us.

Melbourne have more room in their cap than we think. They would take him because he would take some pressure off their forward line while it develops and add some grunt to their midfield. Seen as a mentor.

Port probably won't take him, but would see him as a great pickup.

The Dons, well it depends on how close they think they are to playing finals, but how often does aplyer of his quality get passed on for nothing.

I'm sure Stevens didn't want to come to Carlton.:confused:

Essendon's youth policy?

That was quick. I thought KNights was appointed because he believed that current list was in good order and not that far away from a flag.

I think you could be surprised.

Where should I start:

- Mal Michael
- Adam Ramanauskas
- Jason Johnson
- Damien Peverill

And in recent years:
- Dean Solomon
- Mark Johnson

And Scott Lucas only given one year contract

Also were you living under a rock because they played one the youngest teams ever in their last game of the year and most of their last month, and their youngsters didn't do very well.

And Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher to go in the next 1-2 years

I just can't justify bagging the crap out of Greg Denham for suggesting Fev could slip to the Swans in the PSD, and then going on with ROK getting to us.

Melbourne have more room in their cap than we think. They would take him because he would take some pressure off their forward line while it develops and add some grunt to their midfield. Seen as a mentor.

The Dons, well it depends on how close they think they are to playing finals, but how often does aplyer of his quality get passed on for nothing.

I had heard that AFL wanted Melbourne to reduce their TPP to 92.5% or something if they want to get more money from AFL.

The same way that O'Keefe probably wants to go to Hawthorn but will not because of money and they have last pick in the PSD. Stevens could have gone to Collingwood but they had the second last pick in the PSD.

It just happens that Carlton will be the beneficiary both times...

I had heard that AFL wanted Melbourne to reduce their TPP to 92.5% or something if they want to get more money from AFL.

I'm pretty sure they are already only paying 92.5% of their TPP

Doubt they would be able to pay much higher considering they have hardly enough money to run their football department let alone pay close to 100% of their TPP

Doubt they would be able to pay much higher considering they have hardly enough money to run their football department let alone pay close to 100% of their TPP

Staggering as it may be, Melbourne were actually playing close to 100% of the cap in season 2008. The AFL has made getting their TPP down to 92.5% s condition of the AFL propping them up financially,

Where should I start:

- Mal Michael
- Adam Ramanauskas
- Jason Johnson
- Damien Peverill

And in recent years:
- Dean Solomon
- Mark Johnson

And Scott Lucas only given one year contract

Also were you living under a rock because they played one the youngest teams ever in their last game of the year and most of their last month, and their youngsters didn't do very well.

And Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher to go in the next 1-2 years

Thats because most of them were sitting in the stands

Been reading some great posts. :thumbsu: An additional point is that not all clubs save a pick for the PSD so that too may help us snare him.

Good point

Clubs however will be getting rid of a lot of deadwood this year given the depth of this draft which means there will a be a bigger pool in both the ND and PSD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But with o'keefe wanting a high salary they may not be able to keep their TPP down while paying O'Keefe

Just out interest when is the PSD anyway?

October

Friday, October 31 (2pm) -- Club List Lodgement List 1 - maximum 35 players, rookie promotion, retained rookies, scholarship player transfer and international scholarship.

November

Tuesday, November 11 (2pm) -- Uncontracted listed players nominate.

Wednesday, November 12 (2pm) -- Draft nominations close.

Friday, November 14 (2pm) -- List Lodgement 2.

Wednesday, November 19 (2pm) -- Delisted players nominate.

Saturday, November 29 (10am) -- 2008 NAB AFL Draft selection meeting (Telstra Dome).

December

Tuesday, December 2 (10am) -- Nomination of scholarship-listed player and international scholarship-listed player to rookie list.

Tuesday, December 2 (10am) -- Nomination of an international player and a player not registered for three years.

Tuesday, December 2 (2pm) -- Uncontracted listed players nominate.

Wednesday, December 3 (3pm) -- List Lodgement 3 and TPP Estimates.

Tuesday, December 9 (2pm) -- Delisted players nominate.

Tuesday, December 16 (10am) -- 2008 NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft selection meeting

Tuesday, December 16 (10.15am) -- Brisbane Lions and Sydney Swans nominate eligible rookie list players.

Tuesday, December 16 (10.15am) -- Nomination of third-year rookies.

Tuesday, December 16 (10.30am) -- 2008 NAB AFL Rookie Draft selection meeting.

Bloke was wide open. If he hadn't hip and shouldered him Ratts would have dragged him for sure. Fair bump, nothing to worry about at the Tribunal. :thumbsu:
Sorry, but blue boys didn't show his duty of care to this thread......under the "let dead threads sleep" ruling.

He must be made an example of.

You thinking weeks? Can't see it myself, mind you who knows what those idiots will decide.
Lets look at the points:
  • Bumping a dead thread without attempting to revive it - 2 points
  • Giving false hope that there may be some news on ROK - 1 point
  • Allowing post whores to needlessly add to their post counts and also continue to bump the dead thread, adding to points one and two - 5 points
  • Total = 8 activation points.:(
I'm thinking around 8 weeks......could come down to 6 with an early plea.:thumbsu:

Lets look at the points:
  • Bumping a dead thread without attempting to revive it - 2 points
  • Giving false hope that there may be some news on ROK - 1 point
  • Allowing post whores to needlessly add to their post counts and also continue to bump the dead thread, adding to points one and two - 5 points
  • Total = 8 activation points.:(
I'm thinking around 8 weeks......could come down to 6 with an early plea.:thumbsu:

:eek::eek: FMD. Can he include pre-season threads in any of that? Not sure we have the depth to go into the ND period without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

All things ROK (We don't need multiple threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back