An Injury FREE fully fit Hawthorn team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which case your depth IS lacking.

Everyone knows our best 22 were mature players, but then we have heaps of toddlers.

The stars aligned for 2008 regarding injuries (none to our best 22 for the last 10 weeks) and we won with an excellent 22, and many inexperienced players not needed.

Most Hawk fans thought we wouldn't be in a position to challenge until 2009 (at earliest) but then the opposite happened -regarding injuries-, and we had to play too many 18-19 year olds.

Obviously we expect 2010 to be more like 2008 than 2009...is that such a ridiculous proposition?

No one is saying we will win it, but barring another horror year, it is a reasonable expectation, isn't it?

Why the hostility to any hawk fan who thinks this year will be better? Sheesh!

Oh, i see. Unlucky.

Franklin ran in, smashed him in the head with his shoulder, knocked Ben Cousins completely unconcious...but that's okay.
Lloyd runs in, smashes him in the head with his shoulder, knocks Sewell completely unconcious...but that's evil.

As Hamilton said - apalling double standards.

from an unbiased point of veiw i thought velvet intended hurting the player, buddy didnt, theres a fair difference there IMO.

Oh, i see. Unlucky.

Franklin ran in, smashed him in the head with his shoulder, knocked Ben Cousins completely unconcious...but that's okay.
Lloyd runs in, smashes him in the head with his shoulder, knocks Sewell completely unconcious...but that's evil.

Lloyd got 6 weeks reduced to 4.

Buddy got 2, with the option of taking 1.

I wonder why?

Oh, i see. Unlucky.

Seriously mate, at least pretend to know the facts. Have you even seen the incidents?
Franklin wasn't running, the contact was neither intentional nor malicious (do you understand those words?) but rather accidental, which until that time had always been legal. The result was unfortunate.
Lloyd was running, the contact was intentional, high and illegal by any definition of any rule in any period of football history.

It is people who post utter crepe without thinking who are giving BF a bad name.

Please, you're not going back over that again are you?
Your club and supporters have caused themselves enough embarassment over that i'd suggest.

Hawthorn post round 21 - "the bump is dead. The afl are killing it. It's not fair. You can't even hip and shoulder anymore. Just because he got knocked out....poor us, wah, wah, wah."

Hawthorn post round 22 - "Give Lloyd 6. He's a sniper. That bump is discusting. We would've won if it wasn't for the bump. Wah, wah, wah."

Spare me.:eek:

This :thumbsu:

Back on topic - all talk of "fully-fit" or "injury free" lists is purely hypothetical and will rarely if ever happen.

Can all Hawthorn posters please refrain from creating more of these threads and let the club and players do the talking with their actions on the field in 2010.

If things go well and we win then celebrate. If things do not go so well then congratulate the winners and hope for a better 2011.

(We all hated the way Geelong fans reacted to our flag in 2008, so don't be like them - be better than them!!).

Seriously mate, at least pretend to know the facts. Have you even seen the incidents?
Franklin wasn't running, the contact was neither intentional nor malicious (do you understand those words?) but rather accidental, which until that time had always been legal. The result was unfortunate.
Lloyd was running, the contact was intentional, high and illegal by any definition of any rule in any period of football history.

It is people who post utter crepe without thinking who are giving BF a bad name.

Lloyd should have been rubbed out heavily (which he was).

Franklin should have been rubbed out, not quite as much though.

Unfortunately the idiots that hold sway at Hawthorn thought they could successfully challenge a rule that had been clarified to all the clubs only this year. Wasn't very clever now was it? :D

Personally don't think either should go, but let's have a rational think (if it's possible on BF).
Every team will always protect their own. When a supporter follows their team, with enough passion to get on big footy, then that player becomes family.
So, Buddy gets rubbed out - that's unfair. Hell, the guy could pull out a shotgun and blow out Cousin's knees then urinate on him and there are some who'll defend him and say "Yeah, but it was because Cousin's slipped that he got shot in the knees, Buddy was just trying to fire a warning shot."

We cop a whack, and we're not happy. We're angry, finals hopes are fading so the issue becomes more impassioned because we NEED him.

A week later, when we're trying to keep our hopes alive, Lloyd runs through Sewell. Now Sewell could take a run from the goal line, head down and jump in the air towards a stationary Lloyd with his elbow out and based on the previous week AND the fact he was one of our own, we'll crucify Lloyd given the chance. "Lloyd maliciously stood his ground while our poor defenseless player ran the length of the ground minding his own business and accidentally jumped just as Lloyd dangerously raised his elbow”.

And I can bet you dollars for donuts, that if you swapped positions, you’d hear exactly the same arguments again, just with the colours changed. The bulk of every supporter group will vilify the opposition and herald the actions of their own. It’s what being one-eyed means.

This to-and-fro, as though the Essendon supporters somehow score points for a ‘contradictory’ argument from Hawthorn is ludicrous.

As is, I might say, the cut-and-dried "Buddy should've got off, Lloyd's a sniper" argument.

Back on topic - all talk of "fully-fit" or "injury free" lists is purely hypothetical and will rarely if ever happen.

Can all Hawthorn posters please refrain from creating more of these threads and let the club and players do the talking with their actions on the field in 2010.

If things go well and we win then celebrate. If things do not go so well then congratulate the winners and hope for a better 2011.

(We all hated the way Geelong fans reacted to our flag in 2008, so don't be like them - be better than them!!).

Agreed. It's a shame your club and supporters didn't follow round 22 with the same sportsmanship and humility you display in this post.
That's the reason so many afl supporters have lost so much respect for the likes of Cambell Brown and the HFC.
Good advice for supporters of any club i'd suggest...

Agreed. It's a shame your club and supporters didn't follow round 22 with the same sportsmanship and humility you display in this post.
That's the reason so many afl supporters have lost so much respect for the likes of Cambell Brown and the HFC.
Sorry, I know you Essendon fans love to harp on about round 22, and you may think that Browns outburst was harsh, and you feel that Clarkson shouldn't have said what he did, but I think you'll struggle to find anyone involved in the AFL that have lost a great deal of respect for the HFC because of it.

That sort of outburst from a coach is the sort of thing that can really unify a team, especially going into a long preseason.

What Brown said afterwards may have been true, but the timing was all wrong and he knows that.

Anyway, it certainly riled all your Bombers fans up.
Probably the best cheap shot Brown has ever thrown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a shame your memory is sadly lacking because was it not your coach that did the 'slash of the throat gesture' jogging onto the field during a break looking fair and square at B Staker...yes, yes I think it was....so don't crap on about garbage, drop it and move on :eek:

I love it how this thread is fully of bitter Essendon & Geelong supporters who clearly have a massive chip on their shoulders when it comes to Hawthorn.

Say what you want flogs, but Hawthorn will be back hungrier than ever in 2010 and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Now we can add Matthew Lloyd to the list of excuses why the Hawks didn't make the finals.

How pathetic can people get. I think we've heard every excuse under the sun on this thread.

Most recently added excuses as to why the Hawks didn't play finals:

Mark Williams is lazy
Buddy Franklin only kicked 5 goals in one game
Matthew Lloyd

Say what you want flogs, but Hawthorn will be back hungrier than ever in 2010 and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Please, I'm shaking in my boots.

Oh no! Hawthorn are coming! Wait a minute, haven't I heard that before somewhere? :rolleyes:

Nobody is afraid of Hawthorn mate, I mean how can you be when this is the face of Hawthorn's aggression and strength:

LOL - Pathetic.

Anyway, it certainly riled all your Bombers fans up.
Probably the best cheap shot Brown has ever thrown.
:thumbsu:

And thank you jade for finally posting the pic that I'm sure 100% of the Hawthorn posters here knew would eventually come out from one of you Essendon flogs...although I must admit, my money was on TeamHurley or Sirjimi.

Kudos to you all for having a nice little hissy fit at the thought of Hawthorn kicking on back into the top 4(Just like the North fans of late 2007).
Nice to know you care so much.

oh, and Jade I can do pics too.
majrioliwideweb470x2960.jpg

Fantastic.

And i reckon 100% of posters knew it was only a matter of time until Hawks supporters chucked another little tanty over Matthew Lloyd.

You guys lost any respect you had after that incident with all your carrying on yet you still bring it up at any time you can.

All i can say to you Hawks fans is please keep these threads coming. It's threads like these which have won you the reputation that you have. :thumbsu:

And i reckon 100% of posters knew it was only a matter of time until a Hawks supporter brought up the Matthew Lloyd sooky la la excuse.

You guys lost any respect you had after that incident with all your carrying on yet you still bring it up at any time you can.

All i can say to you Hawks fans is please keep these threads coming. It's threads like these which have won you the reputation that you have. :thumbsu:
I think you'll find the thread was started by a troll.
I'm starting to think it might even be an Essendon supporter pretending to be a Hawk....which would make a lot of sense, as you guys seem to be the only other club represented in this thread apart form Hawks. It must be love.

Also, don't try that 'lost any respect you had' crap. No ones buying it. We're still respected by the people that matter, our supporters, members and peers.

And lastly, don't call it 'sooky la la', when posters mention Sewell going down. If it was an accidental clash and people were going on about it, then yes that would be 'sooky la la', but the fact is Lloyd was reverred in the media for making a stand, showing leadership and immersing self in the contest, it was even referred to as 'game saving' and since then he has even commented himself that it was attempt to impose himself on the game and make an impact. That stance was reckless, quite unecessary and broke a guys cheekbone.

You might think that's being a sook, but the fact is if he wants to take credit for doing something premeditated that would help his team ultimately win, then you should expect that the oppostion who lose the game and a valuable player would look back on that effort and be disgusted by it.

God only knows what the papers would've run with, and what you Bombers would be saying if one of our 'unsociable' types had of done the same thing to Jobe in the centre square.

Lol ok mate. Thread upon thread we witnessed supporters from all clubs universally agreeing that the way your supporters were behaving on this site was a disgrace. I can probably bump about 15 threads if i can be arsed.

Most people agreed that your mob had become an absolute laughing stock.

Seems not much has changed ;):thumbsu:

It gives me so much pleasure that you all blame Matthew Lloyd for not making the finals.

Lol ok mate. Thread upon thread we witnessed supporters from all clubs universally agreeing that the way your supporters were behaving on this site was a disgrace. I can probably bump about 15 threads if i can be arsed.

Most people agreed that your mob had become an absolute laughing stock.

Seems not much has changed ;):thumbsu:

It gives me so much pleasure that you all blame Matthew Lloyd for not making the finals.
You're confusing BF with reality. Carry on.

You're confusing BF with reality. Carry on.

rofl you're the ne who is confused. Of course i am talking about BF. Just as you were when you started refering to the flog Essendon trolls etc.

I'm not saying that the Hawthorn football club is not respected in the real world (although some of that respect was lost after round 22), but as a supporter group you are the least respected on BF.

Grow up mate, if anything the other teams in the AFL have lost all respect they ever had for that sniper lloyd.. and your coach for the knife to the throat gesture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back