• Serrong

• Alex Pearce

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brayshaw isn't captain material.

His name is Caleb.

I am never wrong.
Hi Caleb! Welcome to BigFooty!

Just kidding. The captaincy choice will be made internally and we (well maybe some) have no idea what is going on behind closed doors.

I'm sure they will make the correct choice. Everyone is saying Brayshaw but has anyone asked him? He may not want it.

Do you think it could upset people who were captain previously or favourite to win not actually voted in by their peers ? Would this create a rift in the group?
Egos bruising and all that..?

Hi Caleb! Welcome to BigFooty!

Just kidding. The captaincy choice will be made internally and we (well maybe some) have no idea what is going on behind closed doors.

I'm sure they will make the correct choice. Everyone is saying Brayshaw but has anyone asked him? He may not want it.

Let me be very clear, the next captain of the club is Caleb Serong, whether that is next year, or the year following.

Again, I am never wrong.

Probably an inflated sense of surety, governed by one indisputable fact.

I am never wrong.
You have to actually be either humorous or intelligent to become a meme poster. Preferably both. You are neither.

Too soon. 2022 has been his breakout year. I wouldn't want to mess with his development in any way. Giving him the captaincy next year may interfere with that.

Agree - We've seen plenty of times that putting someone captain too early can actually stop their development (ie: GWS, Carlton, Melbourne etc etc).

Are Brayshaw and Serong our Hodge and Mitchell?

Yes because:
Great footballers
Great leaders
Big game, big moment players
Extreme work ethic
Hard nuts
Complete packages
In the right team at the right time and together
Totally committed to the club

No because:
They are not filthy dirty players

If Fyfe wants to step down I think Moose is the man for the job. I think we have been extremely well led this year. No better example than yesterday. We didn’t get out of the blocks, that’s a bad, then we didn’t panic and knuckled down and when the time came we iced the game like absolute pro’s.

Joel Selwood was captain at 23. Chris Judd turned 23 a few weeks before leading West Coast to a premiership.

If there is a change in captaincy there is no need for a bridging captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be very tough to overlook a 22 year old MVP for the captaincy but Caleb Serong is the guy I reckon.

I like Moose taking over next year then Caleb in a couple years.

Brayshaw isn’t an incorrect answer though, it’s a good problem to have.

Hilarious how more natural and organic Brayshaw & Serongs' bromance is compared to Brayshaw & Cerra. Brayshaw would want Serong to captain and Serong would want Brayshaw to captain. It doesn't really matter who gets it - their leadership functions as a unit and despite being driven by them, extends beyond the two.

I love him, but I will say at the time it was incredibly easy to just shoehorn Andy into the "future captain" role after we drafted him. Although aside from being drafted before Serong - why does he get picked before him so convincingly? Serongs' personality, the way he speaks and the way he plays is more suited for the role. We don't always need our best player to be captain.

Hilarious how more natural and organic Brayshaw & Serongs' bromance is compared to Brayshaw & Cerra. Brayshaw would want Serong to captain and Serong would want Brayshaw to captain. It doesn't really matter who gets it - their leadership functions as a unit and despite being driven by them, extends beyond the two.

I love him, but I will say at the time it was incredibly easy to just shoehorn Andy into the "future captain" role after we drafted him. Although aside from being drafted before Serong - why does he get picked before him so convincingly? Serongs' personality, the way he speaks and the way he plays is more suited for the role. We don't always need our best player to be captain.

Serong has had a better month than Andy. Andy's season has been better. Serong is younger than Andy. Long term they may be as good as each other or maybe Serong might even be better.

As for captain, either if them could do the job. I have no doubt about it.

Cant believe the lack of support for Fyfe, along with Pav our greatest ever player and Skipper on this thread. How short our memories!!
No one (not even Brayshaw) trains harder, no one (not even Wilson) has more purple in his veins. When a guy carries a whole team on his shoulders for close to a decade you dont dump him cos hes been injured for a year. Fyfe, in my mind, has earned the right to Captain these youngsters in the twighlight of a great career.
There will be time enough for AB and Caleb to become formal leaders, for now let them concentrate on their craft.
Its important for good clubs to respect their greats like Fyfe Mundy and SonSon.
Fyfe captains next year.
No point being captain if you can't get on the park.

It's not about being disrespectful to Fyfe it's just an unfortunate reality that Fyfe should step down and concentrate on getting his body right.

If this year has proved anything Fyfe should feel more comfortable handing it over to either of the young guns in the leadership group then say 12 months ago. The team is flying not reliant on him.

Let's get him right next year without the burden.

Serong and baeshaw.
Capy and vcapy.
Draw straws it doesn't matter..

Fyfe can concentrate on getting his mojo back and designing his latest haircut.
Learning how to kick goals should be nats aim.
It will add years onto his footy life and it won't go unrecognised..
When he started out I always imagined fyfe would end up playing like Hird.
Playing half forward kicking goals with long stints in the middle..

Somebody please for the love of god bleach my eyes, I can not believe I just read "Brayshaw isn't captain material."

For starters, I think they should be co-captains but if I had to choose one id personally be picking Brayshaw, he throws the whole team on his back at times with nothing but sheer will and drive to never be beaten. I'm not saying Serong doesn't do these things, I just think Brayshaw has done it more consistently and has displayed some of the most sping-tingling acts of desperation I've ever seen in the purple jumper.

I would not bat an eye if Serong was chosen as captain though, genuinely can not go wrong with either choice IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Andrew Brayshaw For Captain 2023

Back