Andrew Gaff hit on Brayshaw

Andrew Gaff's penalty will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we exaggerate the medical report (if we even have to) and he doesn't play again this year. What an absolute thug.

Have fun getting to sleep this week Gaff you piece of ****.

All I know is Gaff has probably played his last game for the Eagles.

I’m leaving on a jet plane.

you dont think there's a small change that gaff didnt deliberately intend to break the guys jaw?
so a criminal who kills someone can front up to court sorry your honour i meant to shoot him in the leg not the head i just have shit aim. facts are gaff was frustrated and decided to throw a punch at a first year player who had no idea it was coming. second fact if it was done anywhere else gaff would be facing jail

Way out of character , but fully deserving of what ever suspension he gets, he might have been going the jumper punch and stuffed it, but no need for a jumper punch in that situation. Terrible brain fade.
This shows his true character. He sheepdogs on the outside looking for the handball receive. He would't receive anywhere near the physical attention in close someone like Dustin Martin would. His lashing out against a tiny bit of attention is to hit the youngest bloke on the field in the jaw. This is who he is.

Taking my Purple glasses off for a second (or Monocle - as we are all one-eyed iirc); Gaff has a solid record and he doesn't strike me as a dog - nor has he ever tbh

Brayshaw is only 18. He had had an awesome game up until that point and I'm guessing in the moments before that was giving it to Gaff and letting him know about it. Probably said something he shouldn't have. Or Gaff misinterpreted what he said. Then he moved away. Gaff took a swing and clocked him in the sweet spot.

We might know what was said, where Gaff intended to hit or what was on Brayshaw' mind when he moved away

The MRO and tribunal don't work that way, however. What they will see is two players have a little push and shove and then one of those players breaking the other's jaw and sending him to hospital. Gaff then ran off to the contest. Yes, he looked visibly distraught - and we may not know whether that was because of what he did OR because he knew the outcome of what he did (likely to miss possibly the rest of the season for the Eagles)

Either way he his likely gone for at least 4 weeks and we have a player in hospital. I hope Brayshaw recovers okay

Well put. I think I read 175 games without suspension or even a fine for melee. Just a very strange and disappointing incident all round.

This is the epitome of a brain snap. Unfortunately though, Brayshaw has been severely hurt and there is obviously a price to pay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he had paused to look back at Brayshaw I could argue a 1 week reduction.
It’s a hit and run. The remorse on the bench later is only him reflecting on himself and what he will need to deal with. There was nothing shown towards Brayshaw, so I know he’ll send a token text to Brayshaw as part of his gutless attempt to reduce his suspension but it’s 6 weeks minimum based on every precedent ever.

Taking my Purple glasses off for a second (or Monocle - as we are all one-eyed iirc); Gaff has a solid record and he doesn't strike me as a dog - nor has he ever tbh

Brayshaw is only 18. He had had an awesome game up until that point and I'm guessing in the moments before that was giving it to Gaff and letting him know about it. Probably said something he shouldn't have. Or Gaff misinterpreted what he said. Then he moved away. Gaff took a swing and clocked him in the sweet spot.

We might know what was said, where Gaff intended to hit or what was on Brayshaw' mind when he moved away

The MRO and tribunal don't work that way, however. What they will see is two players have a little push and shove and then one of those players breaking the other's jaw and sending him to hospital. Gaff then ran off to the contest. Yes, he looked visibly distraught - and we may not know whether that was because of what he did OR because he knew the outcome of what he did (likely to miss possibly the rest of the season for the Eagles)

Either way he his likely gone for at least 4 weeks and we have a player in hospital. I hope Brayshaw recovers okay
No-one is a dog until they do something that makes them one. Gaff must now be considered a dog, that's just the consequence he has to live with for king hitting a bloke unprovoked. That's the reputation he now has to carry.

going to be awkward next eagles training when gaff has to front up to brayshaws older brother
Maybe even moreso if he decides to go to the team where his family are coterie members...

so a criminal who kills someone can front up to court sorry your honour i meant to shoot him in the leg not the head i just have shit aim. facts are gaff was frustrated and decided to throw a punch at a first year player who had no idea it was coming. second fact if it was done anywhere else gaff would be facing jail
errrr... yes that exactly the difference between manslaughter and murder.

#lawyered

3 for the strike and another 3 loading for the glass jaw

So 6 all up
I hope you also blame any of your own family members for being weak if they're floored by a king hit.

Your mum covered in bruises? She shouldn't be so soft to bruise up after your dad gives her a slap.

It's not like he was flat footed and winded up to punch him in the face. He was trying to push him off and stretched out his arm with a closed fist. Just happened to hit him in the wrong spot which has caused blood to spill. Would be surprised if anything is broken and if it is, it's simply because he got him in the wrong spot

lol, I've just watched it. Pushed him off a couple of times with a fend of the forearm then swung a wild punch and flushed him breaking his jaw.

5 to 6 weeks off after any discounts are taken into consideration (if they still have them for early guilty pleas and clean records). ****, I'd give him more, it's not like Brayshaw was even scragging him or niggling him. I'd be interested if he'd have done it to a more senior Docker player, I doubt it. That's as pissweak an act as you'd see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Gaff hit on Brayshaw

Back