Andrew Gaff hit on Brayshaw

Andrew Gaff's penalty will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Minimum 5 at least. The only thing different to the bugg hit is that brayshaw wasn't concussed but really if the afl wants to be serious about preventing king hits, the injury result should have nothing to do with it not should intent. It should be judged on the act alone, and the act was an unprovoked swinging punch to the face
Broke his jaw, both were dog acts and I can't see how there could be any difference in penalty. Probably Gaff's last game as an Eagle, they'd have to lose the QF for it not to be.

F***ing dog, possibly one of the worst acts ive seen on a footy field. Deserves criminal charges not weeks. Sick of this bubble of immunity that supposedly wraps around a football oval.

Seriously that could have killed Brayshaw, blokes on his way to hospital.

Gaff can Gagf, no more brownlow chance and your free agency stocks just bottomed out... well done dickhead!
The blokes playing local footy dont get legal immunity, why should the afl players? The aflpa describe the game as a workplace for so many things so why should the law be any different? Id sure as hell get charged if I went to someone from a rival firm and king hit them

What happens if one of the public were to report an assault to the police and show the footage?

What a dumb arse thing to do this close to finals, I didn’t realise Gaff was brain dead, who would’ve thought hey?
6 weeks.

Broke his jaw, both were dog acts and I can't see how there could be any difference in penalty. Probably Gaff's last game as an Eagle, they'd have to lose the QF for it not to be.
Didn't realise his jaw was broken. It has to be equal with buggs hit then.

This is becoming a joke and the afl have no control. Clearly the suspension system isn't working. The players must start being charged with assault like any other person, and we will see if they keep doing it.

That's verging on assault territory. I'm sure it won't happen, but Brayshaw would be justified in pressing charges there. Deliberately hitting someone in the face, when they have no way of anticipating it or defending themselves, and breaking their jaw is most definitely illegal. The fact that it happened on a football field shouldn't confer immunity for acts like this, and I know there's precedent at suburban level. Deserves more than 6 weeks for that imho.

The blokes playing local footy dont get legal immunity, why should the afl players? The aflpa describe the game as a workplace for so many things so why should the law be any different? Id sure as hell get charged if I went to someone from a rival firm and king hit them

What happens if one of the public were to report an assault to the police and show the footage?

Who knows but for some reason this "bubble of immunity" seems to allow players on the field to do whatever. Its absolutely disgraceful? whats it going to take? A bloke to get brain damage or die due to getting king hit? Bugg hit should have been prosecuted and so should this.

I reckon 7-8 weeks. If he's broken his jaw and or removed teeth then it's even more horrific than what it already appears to be

How is it not this? Can not fathom how this could be 4-5 weeks. Just so much worse than anything else we’ve seen this year, including Cameron’s elbow.

Insane to read people reckon he should only get a month off. Brayshaw Shaw will be wired for a month alone!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I agree. If something is criminal, being on ths footy field should not protect you

Unfortunately it seems to. I just fear its going to take a player to get king hit to the temple and cause severe brain damage or worse to remove the bubble.

You mean Mills wasn't concussed, Brayshaw went to hospital.
Mills was concussed and sat out the rest of the game. Don't defend a dog act just because it's a player from your team.

Besides as I said the act is what should be judged not the result. Both were dog unprovoked king hits on unsuspecting opponents, both should be charged with assault.

How is it not this? Can not fathom how this could be 4-5 weeks. Just so much worse than anything else we’ve seen this year, including Cameron’s elbow.

Insane to read people reckon he should only get a month off. Brayshaw Shaw will be wired for a month alone!
Yeah at least Cameron was within 50m of the ball

This is the most unbelievable report of the year. Gaff is maybe the least likely player in the comp for this kind of things, can't believe it tbh. Complete brain explosion. I'm actually stunned.

Hope Brayshaw is OK.

I would have had Gaff tied with Hurn for Eagle Least Likely To before this. Guy doesn't even get involved in niggle.

Reckon he went to hit him in the chest and misjudged it badly.

Lots of weeks.

Yep, gone to swing one in the bread bag and has just made an absolute meal of it. Brayshaw sort've fell forward at the same time and it might have come up a bit off Brayshaw's arm.

Regardless, will get 6 I reckon. I was curious to compare it to Hall's hit, funnily he only got 7 which in hindsight is nowhere near enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Gaff hit on Brayshaw

Back