Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Read the post, it was a reply to an earlier post & answers the question - read it, & you understand its relevantce or your comprehension is deplorable.

The post I replied to was his reply to a post by me. Sometimes lines of communication veer off in different directions.

What was that about comprehension?

Read the post, it was a reply to an earlier post & answers the question - read it, & you understand its relevantce or your comprehension is deplorable.
You know filth was saying that if WC match and keep him for 2 years then try to palm off to a melb club there's a lot of wheels that would have to align for that to be workable when he said a lot can change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know filth was saying that if WC match and keep him for 2 years then try to palm off to a melb club there's a lot of wheels that would have to align for that to be workable when he said a lot can change.

What I meant more so is if they match Gaff at 1.1-1.2mil now (bearing in mind we intend on front ending a chunk of that if rumours are to be believed) then West Coast trying to offload a player with a 1.2mil/7 contract (5 years remaining) when they are two years older *could* be a tricky venture and one that means they either keep him for the full term or end up paying part of his wages to play elsewhere. Not to mention the teams he mentioned (Saints, Carlton, North) that have cap space now probably will not in two years as they would be looking elsewhere.

As far as my bitchy jibe at relevancy that was purely based upon the opinion piece that was North's premiership chances in the near future.

Match then trade in a year or two.

Saints/Roos/Carltank would be all over him.
Is there any indication that gaff agreed to be traded like Dangerfield. If so you could at least get Essendon first and next year's second. With north, you could get this year's 2nd and next year's first. This is not what north supporters want, but would be happy to accept if they had too.

The post I replied to was his reply to a post by me. Sometimes lines of communication veer off in different directions.

What was that about comprehension?

oops, chalk one up ... :thumbsu: ... I'll give your jibes space from now.

The term is the biggest hurdle for matching, but dont rule out Geelong doing a deal with Tim Kelly, even for 2020 - might be attractive to Gaff as payback for his team mates this year.
Long bow, pure spec, left field, grasping at straws, but Cooky & Nisbett have been close for more than 20 years ...

oops, chalk one up ... :thumbsu: ... I'll give your jibes space from now.

The term is the biggest hurdle for matching, but dont rule out Geelong doing a deal with Tim Kelly, even for 2020 - might be attractive to Gaff as payback for his team mates this year.
Long bow, pure spec, left field, grasping at straws, but Cooky & Nisbett have been close for more than 20 years ...

Ha ha, all good.

Reckon we're all in that trade limbo now until D-Day that we don't rule anything out. Would wonder where the money would come from with Geelong but not gonna pretend to know what their blokes are on.

Put Polec, Gaff and Hall in our side, then with a good injury run we are top 4 next year.
Huge assumption. Even with those 3 I can't see you leapfrogging us, Richmond, Melbourne, GWS, Collingwood or Sydney. Not to mention Adelaide will be back up and about next season with an easy fixture and a healthy list. You would be doing very well to scrape into the top 6.

The tweet was posted yesterday, so that’s the best I’ve got. Seems like the sort of thing you post straight away.

People who were at the open session say he was there.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

My post was truly in jest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back