Andy Collins v Shaun Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

lol are you having trouble reading, 7 goals at an ave. of 1 a game puts him 5th on Carltons list as a goal kicker overall and equal for a midfielder with Murphy, and Judd who are both averaging 1 goal a game.

The topic is Andy Collins v Shaun Grigg but as that's been pretty much decided already, I thought I would compare him to other Carlton midfielder's and he stacks up pretty well while still being a 5th or 6th string midfielder for Richmond, he is let down a little with tackles although he still has about 1.2 a game, but currently that is not his role for us, do you understand now :rolleyes:

Unfortunately sometimes you have to win the footy and lay a tackle and watching last night he seemed very reluctant to do that as he has been his whole career.

LOL. Collins was more a booby prize than a trade. Grigg had already walked and the Tigers had the first preseason pick; basically the Blues took whatever they could get.

Personally I would have just preferred they let him walk and battle it out with Houli for the who would be taken. Collins is the type of dud you usually only find on club lists like Richmond's.

Well done to Grigg though, has slipped nicely into a soft, outside role with the Tigers. Can't say he would have done the same with the Blues.

So why did Carlton sign Collins up on a 3 year deal?

Keep him away from the hands of GWS?

Grigg was too much of a pussy to earn a spot in Carlton's list, he knew he would have to work his ass off to get a game at Carlton, so she packed up her purse and walked into Bitchmonds starting 18.

All this talk about "IF she was getting the same stats at Carlton" is redundant because she wouldn't be close to getting a gave due to her soft attitude and lack of defensive game. She does however fit in perfectly at Bitchmond, a very average player for a very average team .....

They showed the tigers v swans game in 2010 yesterday when Collins won the game for the tigers in his last year.

Sure. I think Digby Morell won a game for the Blues once. Shit players do that in shit sides from time to time. But no need to get defensive, this is a win for the Tigers. For the Blues, we just traded one fringe player for another one of slightly lesser quality.

So why did Carlton sign Collins up on a 3 year deal?

I can only imagine it was the same type of brain fade that saw the club trade pick 12 for McLean. They used that to get the trade over the line, but I don't even know why they traded for the spud to begin with.

So because Grigg butchered the ball at Carlton means that he still butchers it at richmond 2 years later??? Watch one of our games... He is going at 80% over the season, which is the same as Gibbs. The difference, however is that Grigg averages an extra 5 touches per game than Gibbs. Oh and an extra 2.4 clearances per game for what its worth.

You gave up pick 1 for Gibbs and we get a better return from a guy we gave up Andrew Collins for, who by no means was in Richmond's best 22.

To suggest Grigg would not get a game over guys like curnow, mclean, armfield, joseph, russell and ellard is nothing short of laughable.

so a Richmond supporter makes a thread pointing out that a spud that couldnt get a regular gig for Carlton turns out to star in Richmonds outfit of 'elite' midfielders :eek:

wow :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

so a Richmond supporter makes a thread pointing out that a spud that couldnt get a regular gig for Carlton turns out to star in Richmonds outfit of 'elite' midfielders :eek:

wow :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Let's reserve the word spud for the Daniel Jacksons and Brock McLeans of the world. Grigg is nowhere near a spud... after all he averages more touches than Judd!!!

That should get em fired up

Let's be honest, he'd certainly get a game ahead of the likes of Jordan Russell, David Ellard, Dennis Armfield and Aaron Joseph, but it's probably not going to be the difference between Carlton winning a flag this year or falling short.

Still, Grigg is killing it for me down back in my UF team and I'm happy about that :thumbsu:

dont kid yourselves griggs improved heaps since he crossed to the tigers and would walk straight into our 22, hes ahead of russell lucas armfield curnow touhy ellard and joseph and our 400k a season vfl spud mclean isnt griggs arseh*le.on collins the sooner we clear list clogging shit kickers like him the better

dont kid yourselves griggs improved heaps since he crossed to the tigers and would walk straight into our 22, hes ahead of russell lucas armfield curnow touhy ellard and joseph and our 400k a season vfl spud mclean isnt griggs arseh*le.on collins the sooner we clear list clogging shit kickers like him the better

Some sense finally.... U sure ur a Carlton supporter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gather you don't watch much football :rolleyes:

Grig would be sitting 1st on Carltons list for disposals, 8th overall, only Murphy of Carlton has more on average, although Grigg has been more damaging on the scoreboard than Murphy, Grigg is also 13th overall for marks, only Carlton player with more is Waite.

Its funny, you honestly seem to think he would have got those numbers at Carlton...

Some sense finally.... U sure ur a Carlton supporter?
mate i just call it as i see it but i cant do that on the carlton board coz any critical comments are a green light 4 personal attacks.every team has 5 or 6 absolute spuds and we are no different.
ask a level headed carlton supporter if theyd rather have collins or grigg and the answer would be 100% unanimous

mate i just call it as i see it but i cant do that on the carlton board coz any critical comments are a green light 4 personal attacks.every team has 5 or 6 absolute spuds and we are no different.
ask a level headed carlton supporter if theyd rather have collins or grigg and the answer would be 100% unanimous

Gee I would like to trust your judgement but after listening to your uneducated bagging of Walker and Hampson last year I find it hard.

Grigg is still and will always be an unaccountable wide running receiver with ordinary disposal.

So much offended in this thread by Carlton flogs..:D
Every Carlton supporter I know was pissed when he wanted to leave and now he has stringing quality games together he's now an out and out dud:eek:
So typical of tankers supporters:eek:

Let's be honest, he'd certainly get a game ahead of the likes of Jordan Russell, David Ellard, Dennis Armfield and Aaron Joseph, but it's probably not going to be the difference between Carlton winning a flag this year or falling short.

No way. Russell I agree with, Joseph maybe. Ellard and Armfield no way. It's a structural thing. Grigg gets about 70% of his possessions uncontested and Ellard and Army are not in the team to pick up cheapies.

Nonetheless, all these blokes are fringe players at the Blues; not best 22.

Gee I would like to trust your judgement but after listening to your uneducated bagging of Walker and Hampson last year I find it hard.

Grigg is still and will always be an unaccountable wide running receiver with ordinary disposal.
alistar lynch on"after the bounce" quote "grigg is a class act".
on walker i was critical of ratten being dictated to by a player as to what position he wanted to play.
on hampson hes going ok at the moment but lets revisit this one after hes played a final or 2.
on calling me uneducated well thats exactly what i mean about personal attacks when your opinion is different to mine.
and ill guarantee ive seen more football than you, even saw big nick play a few,ive seen plenty of champs and just as many spuds.its a fact of football life that your team will have its fair share of spuds so get over it

So much offended in this thread by Carlton flogs..:D
Every Carlton supporter I know was pissed when he wanted to leave and now he has stringing quality games together he's now an out and out dud:eek:
So typical of tankers supporters:eek:
trust me pal its not typical at all in the real world just in the bf world where carlton people like to blow wind up each others arses

Its funny, you honestly seem to think he would have got those numbers at Carlton...

Not at all, in fact I don't think anyone here believes Carlton were capable of developing Grigg in to the monster he is today. He'd still be wasting away in the VFL. Chances are Brock McLean would have gone on to win a Brownlow at Melbourne too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back