kp junior

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
Rate our players skills/talents , best in following caregories.. Your thoughts?

Best Contested Mark - McPharlin
Hon. Mentions- Pavlich, Farmer

Best set shot at goal - Pavlich
HM - Murphy, Farmer

Best snap on goal - Farmer
HM - Bell, Headland

Best running shot on goal - Pavlich
HM - Headland

Best Mark on the lead - Pavlich
HM - Farmer

Best Foot Pass - Pavlich,
HM - Headland, Farmer, Johnson, Hayden, Mundy

Best Hands - Haselby
HM - Bell

Best evasion by foot - Schammer
HM - Bell, Mundy

Best Tackler - Solomon
HM - Farmer

Best tagger/negater - J Carr
HM - M Carr

Best breAK away pace - Peake
HM - Gilmore

Best Hard Ball Gets - J Carr
HM - Haselby, Bell, Solomon
ok I'm out of ctegories

Agree with everything you said kp. Another categorie could be best hard ball gets which J.carr would be infront of everyone by miles

I'd say 88mph would win the biggest penis-on-forehead category, but considering he's a weagle supporter I couldn't say it with any conviction. :rolleyes:

Plus there's our own tweedle-twins who would give you a fair run for your money too. :thumbsdown:

Agree with everything you said kp. Another categorie could be best hard ball gets which J.carr would be infront of everyone by miles

Both Hase and Joshie played 20 games last season... most consider Josh to have had a pretty good season, while Hase was considered to be down on his potential (largely due to injury).

Some interesting stats:

Total disposals: Hase 451 (2nd in club) / Josh 419 (3rd)
Contested possessions: Hase 145 (1st) / Josh 138 (2nd)
Hard Ball Gets: Hase 75 (1st) / Josh 51 (4th) / Solly 46 (5th)
Clearances: Hase 79 (1st) / Josh 70 (2nd)
Tackles: Solly 108 (1st) / Josh 79 (2nd) / Hase 64 (3rd)
Handballs: Hase 241 (1st) / Josh 171 (4th)

And for contested marks it goes like this (for 2007):
Pav 41
McPharlap 26
Taz 24
Des 11
Johnno 11

And Dessie rated Top 5 at the club in the following areas for 2007:
Goal Kickers (4th)
Goal assists (5th)
Long kicks (3rd)
Inside 50s (3rd)
Contested marks (4th)

Des and Josh both scored 8 Brownlow Votes in 2007, while Hase scored 7. Josh came equal 4th in the Doig, while Des came 8th. Hase didn't place in the Top 10.

I am just calling it as I see it.

I train at a gym where the Dockers frequent, Hase came in the other day with Cook (who I might add has been retired for some time now) and Cook made Hase look like one of the guys off 'The Biggest Looser.'

Well that contradicts every report that has been posted on this board to date.

Either Hase hasn't been training the house down, or you are a lying trollop

Gav, I do not subscribe to a stats account, however I think it would be pretty simple to prove.

We would just need to take a look at Dessy's performances during finals games for fremantle. I am pretty sure his individual stats for all the those games would be diabolical.

Gee, that's a large sample to base an opinion on.

It is very difficult to go MIA and pick up stats; if you are in the action, you will get stats, and if you are MIA you will not, which is why they are relevant to your post.

The opinion that he shirks contests, which you say you don't subsribe to, is an easier one to make because there are no stats or other independant evidience to substantiate it. Last season supporters of that idea put up the idea that he does it every game, which was disproved the very next game. And the one after that. It is now officially laid to rest by most observers of Headland's

Gee, that's a large sample to base an opinion on.

What? DO you think we should give Des the "benefit of the doubt"?

In finals Des HAS underperformed.

2003, EL = 16 Disposals,
2006 QF = 18 Disposals,
2006 SF = 10 Disposals,
2006 PF = 11 Disposals.

2 goals in 4 finals games.

Compared to his already modest averages across his career, he has under performed at finals level. That is simply a fact, and you are deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

Unfortunately true supporters have to gauge players on their results - not what you would like them to do. And so far Des has been a huge dissappointment in finals games.

I train at a gym where the Dockers frequent, Hase came in the other day with Cook (who I might add has been retired for some time now) and Cook made Hase look like one of the guys off 'The Biggest Looser.'

School holiday spelling lesson #1

loser
Example: 88mph is a loser who has nothing better do than waste his school holidays posting crap on a Freo message board.

looser
Example: 88mph has a Mum who is looser than a baggy green cap.

You wouldn't want to slip up and accidentally call your Mum a loser would you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gav, I do not subscribe to a stats account, however I think it would be pretty simple to prove.

We would just need to take a look at Dessy's performances during finals games for fremantle. I am pretty sure his individual stats for all the those games would be diabolical.

Shock! Horror! It's not the case in reality.

2006 Finals Series:

- QF v Adelaide: Good game, with 18 disposals. Especially good because we got smashed.

- SF v Melbourne: Quiet with 9 disposals, but 6 marks, 5 tackles and a goal show that he was involved. Those figures suggest he might've played up forward for a while.

- PF v Sydney: Not a standout with 11 disposals, but 6 tackles again show that he was thereabouts. Besides, I reckon St Peter, Pav and 211 were our only players to really assert themselves on that game.

2003 Finals Series:

- EF v Essendon: Played well for 15 disposals, 2 marks, a goal and 6 tackles. I thought Luke Webster was our best player that night and he only had 18 touches, so it shows that you don't need a huge disposal couunt to be a valuable part of the team.

2002 Finals Series (with Brisbane, obviously):

- QF v Adelaide: 16 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal 1 and 6 tackles show that he played pretty well.

- PF v Port: 33 disposals, 9 marks, 3 goals and 4 tackles made him the highest possesion winner on the ground and just looking at the stats for both sides he was probably best on ground. 33 disposals remains his personal best.

- GF v Collingwood: 13 disposals, 5 marks and 4 tackles shows that Des was a good contributor.

2000 Finals Series:

- EF v Footscray: Good game with 18 touches, 7 marks and 4 tackles. Also kicked 3 points so it could've been even better. This was only his 11th game and he was only 19 at the time.

- SF v Carlton: The only game which stands out to me as being poor. 7 disposals, a mark and 3 tackles in his 12th game probably wasn't a great contribution but hell! It was his 12th game.

Can I just suggest that you do a bit more research before you go parading your opinions around as facts, GJ?

I would have Hayden there for evasion on foot. All class! His kicking usually always hits a target. Likewise, when Black is on his game his passing is the best in our team. I think you did well KP!

On the Headland troll. No matter what he does he will always have his knokers. A pity, as this obviously comes from people who watch the highlights real and like to have a dig at our players pretending to be supporters. His attack on the footy, penetrating kicks and run was outstanding last year. On our way to the semi's in 06 he was a big part of our unbeaten run. He did have a bad semi final against the swans, but he was not alone. Perhaps Sydney can take some credit for this rather than the pathetic scape goat approach to our high profile players.

Sore both of them at Subiaco Oval 2 weeks ago. Cook looks like he's in great shape and will do well for Perth this year. However your suggestion that Hase is overweight couldn't be further from the truth. The guy looks like he's in great shape! Don't let the truth get in the way of a good troll though! :)

School holiday spelling lesson #1

loser
Example: 88mph is a loser who has nothing better do than waste his school holidays posting crap on a Freo message board.

looser
Example: 88mph has a Mum who is looser than a baggy green cap.

You wouldn't want to slip up and accidentally call your Mum a loser would you?

Point taken, yes I made a spelling mistake. I will be a better person for you pointing that out.

Shock! Horror! It's not the case in reality.

2006 Finals Series:

- QF v Adelaide: Good game, with 18 disposals. Especially good because we got smashed.

Give me a break, he would have been in the top 15 players in the game at a stretch. Wasn't named in our best.

- SF v Melbourne: Quiet with 9 disposals, but 6 marks, 5 tackles and a goal show that he was involved. Those figures suggest he might've played up forward for a while.

Mate, seriously, you are embarrassing yourself.

- PF v Sydney: Not a standout with 11 disposals, but 6 tackles again show that he was thereabouts. Besides, I reckon St Peter, Pav and 211 were our only players to really assert themselves on that game.

Yup, them and the other half of the team. Only 2 people on the field had a lower player ranking. What a blinder.
2003 Finals Series:

- EF v Essendon: Played well for 15 disposals, 2 marks, a goal and 6 tackles. I thought Luke Webster was our best player that night and he only had 18 touches, so it shows that you don't need a huge disposal couunt to be a valuable part of the team.
Middle of the pack at best - at best. In a team where they would have been looking for a bit of leadership during their first final.. and Dessy is MIA.

2002 Finals Series (with Brisbane, obviously):

why the **** would we care what he did in Brisbane - he was the 5th best midfielder in the team that won 3 premierships in a row.

Hey Rip, could we re-name and sticky this thread.

Perhaps we could call it, "How to hijack a positive thread and turn it into a slagfest of my favourite scapegoat -The Jeffnakor way!"

Could be a good training tool for future Freo trolls.

Bagging Fremantle playes - Gentleman Jeff

Backing up GJ's opinions - Belnakor

Yes it's become very tiresome, all they do is give fuel to other spankers, like 80mph.

The sooner the season kicks off and we start winning games, only then will they STFU.

Remove this Banner Ad

another off season thread - best at...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back