another off season thread - best at...

Remove this Banner Ad

What? DO you think we should give Des the "benefit of the doubt"?

In finals Des HAS underperformed.

2003, EL = 16 Disposals,
2006 QF = 18 Disposals,
2006 SF = 10 Disposals,
2006 PF = 11 Disposals.

The next time we play finals Des certainly has something to prove, and he has admitted himself that he was disappointed with his performances during the 06 finals campaign. But he was very good during the majority of 2007 so until we play another final you need to put the Dessie bashing to bed.

I don't know what Belkanor has got against Mundy specifically, but he seems to jump at even the slightest opportunity to stick the boot into him.

Belkanor - when Mundy does well this year I am going to make sure you hear about it. :rolleyes:

Des Headland - Best at on-field peadophile punishment distribution

Can't argue with that

Carr brothers - best at tag-team fighting. One goes in flies the flag for a bit and then hands over to the other. Geez I love it when that happens :D:D

Which begs the question though - why did we use one of our most attacking and dangerous players in a negating role in the biggest game in our history?

Kennelly Vs Headland was a good match up, even though the end result was Headland not being as much as an influence in the game it also caused their most attacking player to be subdued.

The end resutl was that both players pretty much played themselves out of the game. Had we have played someone else on Kennelly then maybe we would have let him hav3e more of a say abnd resulted in a bigger margin loss at the end of the final siren. Though this is all looking back with hindsight so who knows?

Give me a break, he would have been in the top 15 players in the game at a stretch. Wasn't named in our best.

Mate, seriously, you are embarrassing yourself.

Yup, them and the other half of the team. Only 2 people on the field had a lower player ranking. What a blinder.

Middle of the pack at best - at best. In a team where they would have been looking for a bit of leadership during their first final.. and Dessy is MIA.

why the **** would we care what he did in Brisbane - he was the 5th best midfielder in the team that won 3 premierships in a row.

He gave you plenty of examplesm many of which you haven't commented on, and while a little high on the praise, still shows that he in fact does have a reasonable level of performance in finals, albeit many of them with Brisbane. Maybe the issue lies with CC's use of Headland in big games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He gave you plenty of examplesm many of which you haven't commented on, and while a little high on the praise, still shows that he in fact does have a reasonable level of performance in finals, albeit many of them with Brisbane. Maybe the issue lies with CC's use of Headland in big games.

Yeah I was a bit optimistic, but I'm glad that someone saw the point of my half hour's work :D

Des hasn't been a great contributor in finals, but he hasn't been bad either. And he certainly hasn't been horrendously crap in every single finals game he's ever played, as some people would have you believe :rolleyes:.

Back on topic... Most of my favourite players are among our best at pi$$ing opposition players and supporters off. The best of the best at this are obviously Josh Carr and the Purple Jesus, but Stompy Dodd and Creepy Crowley are starting to make names for themselves. I look forward to further improvement from both in this department.

Yeah I was a bit optimistic, but I'm glad that someone saw the point of my half hour's work :D

Des hasn't been a great contributor in finals, but he hasn't been bad either. And he certainly hasn't been horrendously crap in every single finals game he's ever played, as some people would have you believe :rolleyes:.

Back on topic... Most of my favourite players are among our best at pi$$ing opposition players and supporters off. The best of the best at this are obviously Josh Carr and the Purple Jesus, but Stompy Dodd and Creepy Crowley are starting to make names for themselves. I look forward to further improvement from both in this department.

You and 43,000 others.

Certainly Grover's work on Gehrig has to put him up there. Actually, even Parker had Gehrig in a hissy fit, so maybe not.

best arse - pav (who else?)
best biceps - taz
best pecs - doddy / taz
best smile - hase
best hair - chopper
best looking - dunn, solly, elvis, taz, roger
best "innocent young thing" look - foster
best overall package - pav

:thumbsu:

But what about the most important one? Who has the hottest girlfriend.

I want you all to stalk our players - outside their houses, out a dinner, down at the shops, everywhere - until we have all the photos we need to decide this blue ribbon category.

IP said:
best looking - dunn, solly, elvis, taz, roger

Funny you should say that.

People tell me all the time that I look like a cross between dunn, solly, elvis, taz and roger.

Remove this Banner Ad

another off season thread - best at...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back