Anti-Football Media/General Public and Police Thread!

Which sport is more popular?

• Rugby

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Soccer

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a major event. One the police always release a statement for

Done it for the cricket tests (especially boxing day) and for other games.

Its the media who blow it up.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Show me one example of a statement that looks even remotely like this one for another Australian sport.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2007-12-24/cops-crackdown-on-boxing-day-test-match-spectators/995822

Thats just one.

Google is your friend.

Media and the minority of scum bags wanting to ruin it for everyone are the enemy here, not the cops.

That's not even remotely close to the release that you're defending.

Firstly, this is a news article, not a VicPol media release.

Secondly, this "warning" was directed at pubs and bars (RSA) and other local establishments (capacity licenses.)

This was not a broad warning to a the supporters of a whole sport, 99% of whom have never done anything wrong, and 99.99% of whom haven't done anything wrong for the entirety of this season.

It absolutely does not equate to this weeks police media release.

Try again.

Secondly, this "warning" was directed at pubs and bars (RSA) and other local establishments (capacity licenses.)

This was not a broad warning to a the supporters of a whole sport, 99% of whom have never done anything wrong, and 99.99% of whom haven't done anything wrong for the entirety of this season.

Try again.
Fmd you really do love the poor me act

The police were the ones making the statements about it in the link. It wasnt 2nd hand.

The police didnt have a go at football fans. They stated a small minority. Like this does.

Want to know why our sport gets put on so much?

Because of fans like yourself that take everything as a personal attack.

You make it so easy for the media because when things happen you put the blame on others.

Try again.
No, it's a news article ABOUT a police action, quoting senior police.

The police specifically mention unruly fans and anti social and disruptive behaviour.

The focus on clubs is entirely aimed at cutting off fans from excess alcohol, and controlling fan behaviour.

You have an obvious need to see soccer as the special victim of conspiracy.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Sounds to me exactly what police do all the time. It's like the signs that say speed cameras operate regularly in this area or police are targeting drivers not wearing seatbelts.

It's a way to be seen to be doing something, without having to actually do anything.

And if one person sees it and goes better not try bringing a flare they'll be onto me, then it's worked hasn't it

I was going to flip some cars and rip some flares but now I know the Police will be watching I shall refrain.
It's near inevitable that an incident will occur this weekend and regardless of its severity will be used to paint all fans with the same brush.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anti-Football Media/General Public and Police Thread!

Back