Any Draftees Ready for AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd was the only real first year stand out from that group, you cannot foresee whether someone will cope with the demands of AFL, it's just a matter of throwing them in the mix and seeing what happens.

fraser was shocking in his first few seasons. for some reason i remember a game at the MCG where he was standing on the HBF having just taken a mark late in the game. he tried to go in board to switch play but he shanked it and it resulted in goal to the opposition which lost the pies the game in the end. it harsh singling out one incident but for some reason that has stuck in head. and the look he had after he did it- you could see he wanted to dig himself a hole in the middle of the ground.

The kids that may be able to play 1st year would be

Jordan Lewis (Geelong Falcons) Inside Midfielder
Heath Grundy (Norwood) Tall Back or forward
James McLeay (Sturt) tall forward
Jesse Wells (Tassie) tall forward
Brett Deledio (Murray) inside midfield
Ryan Griffen (Sth adel) outside midfielder
Paul Richardson (Swan districts) small defender
Craig Taylor (Pt Adel) inside midfield
Ed Clarke (NSW-ACT) inside midfield

Most in the list are strong bodied and have played senior footy vs men.

rfctigerarmy said:
Judd and those sort of players have been around for 2-3 years. You dont expect a first year player to be anywhere near as good as Judd.

I dont. I am asking if any draftees wil be tried for 10+ games in their first year becasue they are ready phsically. Judd was huge when drafted and physically ready to play. But the you gte guys who take 2,3 maybe 4 years to develop and start palying AFL.

Please do not mention Fraser in the same sentense as Judd and Rievalt ever again.

He still hasn't had an impact on the comp, and it has been 5 years,

Cheers

Blaisee

Remove this Banner Ad

Any Draftees Ready for AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back