Any news on Werribee vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the lot and I can put it this way.....
Like the WB Game on thereafter the same sort of flat and rather lame game insued.

Weribee won by 10 goals in the end,
Up at quarter time by 33 points. (7 goals to 1) - kicking to city end.
At half time up by 3 points (7 to 1 other way)
3rd quarter won by a few goals
4th won by a few more goals.

Generally it was just like the WB game in that noone really stood out, and it showed a great deal of inability to score goals.
Bowden was missing all over the shop for a start, then snaps a goal (hardest of the lot) A pretty good mark, with a but of a spin in mid-air but not really a dominating mark.
Street missed a simple shot at goal. Rucked well in tapping to exactly where he wanted it (and when our players started to actually be there we got a move on)
Morgan was handy at FB, but considering they had no forwards, and when they started to attack in the second quarter he couldn't really blunt their attacks, doesn't suggest a senior game next weekend.
Bandy seemed to be everywhere where he could do the *least* amount of damage to the opposition, probably through coaching moreso then making the decisions in his head.

Walsh, ditto with Morgan remarks. CHB and backline.
Skipper, not really there.
Faulkner took until the 4th quarter to get going.
Koops, good early on and strong dashing and clever, but consider the game he played against Carlton --- 3 quarters of next to nothing then suddenly out he comes (where was he) -- only his good quarter was the 1st (ie where did he go??!?!?!?!?)

Actually Farren Ray did pretty well (comparatively) on the wing, and capped it off with a goal.

Basic story: Pods kicked a few, and some of teh weribee players played well, while the WB listed players seemed to shadow them.
BOG went to someone I can't remember, but he was one of the newbies and really he didn't stand out that very much either.
Former doggie Mark West gave the trophy.

Faulkner and Ray has inspired second halves I thought. Faulkner was tough in close, and ran the lines hard. Good use of the ball in general as well. Ray was quality for the most part, he won't die wondering.

Thought Walsh was pretty good IMO, played at FB on Haynes mostly who is a decent opponent. Beat him one out in most 50/50 contests and generally used the ball well out of defence. Morgan also had a decent match, not dominant but not beaten either.

Bowden was a class above but didn't neccessarily show it for 4Q. I expected him to really work hard and take the game by the scruff of the neck but he was just his usual laconic, but effective, self.

KMac, finished IMO. Skipper, in troubled waters.

SonOfScray said:
Faulkner and Ray has inspired second halves I thought. Faulkner was tough in close, and ran the lines hard. Good use of the ball in general as well. Ray was quality for the most part, he won't die wondering.

Thought Walsh was pretty good IMO, played at FB on Haynes mostly who is a decent opponent. Beat him one out in most 50/50 contests and generally used the ball well out of defence. Morgan also had a decent match, not dominant but not beaten either.

Bowden was a class above but didn't neccessarily show it for 4Q. I expected him to really work hard and take the game by the scruff of the neck but he was just his usual laconic, but effective, self.

KMac, finished IMO. Skipper, in troubled waters.

Good summmary. I went to the game as well and think there is enough players that should be able to step up into the seniors in the coming weeks.

I'm sure Ben will be on shortly with his report.

Are you two serious?

Ray earnt his worth really well. I praised Street as well.
I guess I demand more out of a player before they are offered a senior spot (ie Walsh) despite the fact we have so little to choose from.

The others I mentioned were merely going through the motions.
Weribee, if everyone was pulling in the same direction, would have won by close to 100 points.

Poptart said:
Best - Birss.

Yay woohoo, i hope hes in next week for the game up in brissy.

It was great to see eddie darcy in the seniors this week.

Im gonna have to take mum to more werribee games that way she wont annoy me while im trying to watch my boys :D , every 2 seconds she was asking who this player was and who that player was.

robbins, birss, and morgan should be rewarded for their efforts. especially robbo and morgan who have been cosistently in the best players for werribee.

As far as a replacement for Darcy on what I saw from Werribee today can be summed up with the following.

Skipper, Bandy, Street. Big on height, Small on ability.

Big Will will have to do it all for the remainder of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news on Werribee vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back