Anyone at the Port vs St. Kilda Game???

Remove this Banner Ad

remember this colour?

Errrrr... they weren't questions, they were responses

then answer them.

Wait there

50 years old and you talk on msn, sad mate.....just plain sad

Why, is that? Is it some secret medium reserved for people under the age of....what? I would have thought it would be far sadder for the people that should be out getting amongst it. Go figure?

Well it's obviously true, seeing as people are using the weather for bad attendance, by the way, I still turn up to matches when it's pissing down, FFS kids today are soft as.

is this compared to back in your day when you had to walk 15 Miles to school and through snow in winter and sub 40 degrees in summer, while buying 5c worth of lollies from the corner shop and a bag of weed cost next to nothing

Why, is that? Is it some secret medium reserved for people under the age of....what? I would have thought it would be far sadder for the people that should be out getting amongst it. Go figure?

I agree, it is quite sad for me to be home on a Friday night. How dare i not go out and get boozed for a change:rolleyes:

still waiting for those answers champ, I can play this game all night. Keyboard heros such as yourself aren't that hard to figure out.:thumbsu:

what is wrong with that??? it is a way of communication, perhaps crackers has friends/relatives overseas and finds ot more convienient to chat that way to them.

true, didn't think of that. I take it back.

210k :eek: :eek: now that's impressive.
Not really... in relative terms two suburban teams in a state with only a few hundred thousand residents attracting 122 thousand to a game of football absolutely craps on two countries attracting 210 thousand for an international competition... think about it... we are unique in the world

Not really... in relative terms two suburban teams in a state with only a few hundred thousand residents attracting 122 thousand to a game of football absolutely craps on two countries attracting 210 thousand for an international competition... think about it... we are unique in the world

lets look at it this way, 210,000 is greater than 121,000.

both are still impressive and shouldn't be put against each other for the purpose of a bitch fight.

Originally Posted by anzacs
14 premierships 2 teams are now higher That's right. Is this a question? No? OK, it took clubs a 100 years to catch us.
4 flags in a row Brisbane's were better, and they only won 3 Why better? Did you see the Collingwood ones? Brisbane had Cap concessions. Even you club's kicking up about that.
Most wins of any club to date and still can't win when it counts When does it count? Do you mean GF's? Won plenty of them during out time. Do you ANZAC Day games? 6 all. Waht do you mean?
Highest winning percentage of any club to date except finalsI'll need to check but I think you'll find we have the highest percentage of "finals" wins
Only club to go through H&A season undefeated you played 12 games So....you're saying that's no good?
Least wooden spoons of any club I'll give you that one :thumbsu:
Most famous football club in Australia for being toothless bogans You need me to say anything about that?
Most AFL legend representatives name 5 from the last 50 years?Did you pluck that out of the air? If you did I'll need to look it up
Most supporters in Australia show me the stats You can't do that.....but, if you were being honest with yourself ;)
Highest profile club in Australia as above As above ;)
Largest attendance in the Southern hemisphere who's home game was it? Tell me
Headed the premiership table for longer than the other 15 clubs put together and have been trailing for 30 years Trailing waht....what does that mean?

Originally Posted by anzacs
14 premierships 2 teams are now higher That's right. Is this a question? No? OK, it took clubs a 100 years to catch us.
4 flags in a row Brisbane's were better, and they only won 3 Why better? Did you see the Collingwood ones? Brisbane had Cap concessions. Even you club's kicking up about that.
Most wins of any club to date and still can't win when it counts When does it count? Do you mean GF's? Won plenty of them during out time. Do you ANZAC Day games? 6 all. Waht do you mean?
Highest winning percentage of any club to date except finalsI'll need to check but I think you'll find we have the highest percentage of "finals" wins
Only club to go through H&A season undefeated you played 12 games So....you're saying that's no good?
Least wooden spoons of any club I'll give you that one :thumbsu:
Most famous football club in Australia for being toothless bogans You need me to say anything about that?
Most AFL legend representatives name 5 from the last 50 years?Did you pluck that out of the air? If you did I'll need to look it up
Most supporters in Australia show me the stats You can't do that.....but, if you were being honest with yourself ;)
Highest profile club in Australia as above As above ;)
Largest attendance in the Southern hemisphere who's home game was it? Tell me
Headed the premiership table for longer than the other 15 clubs put together and have been trailing for 30 years Trailing waht....what does that mean?

1. Carlton were leading the competition in 1915, Collingwood joined the lead in 1919. They took outright lead in 1927 and had it until 1981 when carlton rejoined them both with 13 a piece. Collingwood have not had the lead since 1982 when Carlton had 14 flags to it's name. carlton and Essendon both now have 16 a piece since 2000. So as you claim Collingwood lead the competition for 100years, it is incorrect. Collingwood lead the race for 54 years, 1927 until 1981. still impressive but hardly 100 years as you state.

2. Football this day and age is far more professional and as such the players have higher skill levels than the teams from the 1920's. This is why Brisbane's 3 flags beat Collingwood's 4 flags from the 1920's. They had harder opposition and played more matches with makes them more phyiscally draining and more impressive.

3. ANZAC day is a H&A match, means nothing other to Essendon and Collingwood. Collingwood have the record for Grand Finals lost which most people would agree, Collingwood do not win when it matters.

4. I would like you to check that statistic, as my answer above states otherwise.

the rest of the questions/answers don't need answering as they are pointless drivell.

1. Carlton were leading the competition in 1915, Collingwood joined the lead in 1919. They took outright lead in 1927 and had it until 1981 when carlton rejoined them both with 13 a piece. Collingwood have not had the lead since 1982 when Carlton had 14 flags to it's name. carlton and Essendon both now have 16 a piece since 2000. So as you claim Collingwood lead the competition for 100years, it is incorrect. Collingwood lead the race for 54 years, 1927 until 1981. still impressive but hardly 100 years as you state.

2. Football this day and age is far more professional and as such the players have higher skill levels than the teams from the 1920's. This is why Brisbane's 3 flags beat Collingwood's 4 flags from the 1920's. They had harder opposition and played more matches with makes them more phyiscally draining and more impressive.

3. ANZAC day is a H&A match, means nothing other to Essendon and Collingwood. Collingwood have the record for Grand Finals lost which most people would agree, Collingwood do not win when it matters.

4. I would like you to check that statistic, as my answer above states otherwise.

the rest of the questions/answers don't need answering as they are pointless drivell.

At 3.50am I'm not going to bother but meet me here tomorrow and we'll take this up again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said we headed the premiership table longer than the other 15 clubs put together, not 100 years?... and Collingwood had the lead with Fitzroy for a few years here and there before 1919 so it is closer to 60 years... and yes extremely impressive and the reason Collingwood has exerted such an impression on the footballing psyche... generations of supporters grew up with Collingwood as the undisputed greatest club of all

I said we headed the premiership table longer than the other 15 clubs put together, not 100 years?... and Collingwood had the lead with Fitzroy for a few years here and there before 1919 so it is closer to 60 years... and yes extremely impressive

Flags up until 1919

Carlton = 5 (1906, 1907, 1908, 1914, 1915)
Collingwood = 5 (1902, 1903, 1910, 1917, 1919)
Essendon = 4 (1897, 1901, 1911, 1912)
Fitzroy = 6 (1898, 1899, 1904, 1905, 1913, 1916)

Collingwood never had the lead, Fitzroy did.

Will do......oh, and the drivel bits. I think you can lay claim to those (toothless bogans :rolleyes:)

I think we can agree all teams have "toothless bogans" as supporters;)

(except maybe melbourne)

Flags up until 1919

Carlton = 5 (1906, 1907, 1908, 1914, 1915)
Collingwood = 5 (1902, 1903, 1910, 1917, 1919)
Essendon = 4 (1897, 1901, 1911, 1912)
Fitzroy = 6 (1898, 1899, 1904, 1905, 1913, 1916)

Collingwood never had the lead, Fitzroy did.
1903 -04 we had the lead with Fitzroy and Essendon

touche, I stand corrected:eek:

Collingwood lead for 55 years:thumbsu:
What a black and white paradise that must have been, I saw 12 years at the end of having the most premierships and boy did I stick it up everyone else... I hope big Ed gets us back there soon

What a black and white paradise that must have been, I saw 12 years at the end of having the most premierships and boy did I stick it up everyone else... I hope big Ed gets us back there soon

I know what you mean, even though we share the lead with Carlton it's a great feeling.

4:30am i'm off to bed, night mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone at the Port vs St. Kilda Game???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back